Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #41
JJFlash
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
Why is Hathaway in over Jankowski?

I don't understand that at all.
Obviously because we have an abundance of scoring. Just when you think GG's bad decisions were a thing of the past. What is the best way to make up Matty's lost offense...simple ....sit another player who represents 6% of the team's goals.

Last edited by JJFlash; 03-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.
JJFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #42
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
It's also 11th in the conference, needing to pass two or three teams who all have games in hand, and having only a 20% chance of achieving that.
Which is the precise totally accurate definition of "abortion".
sempuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #43
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
It's also 11th in the conference, needing to pass two or three teams who all have games in hand, and having only a 20% chance of achieving that.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #44
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sorry I upset some of you with my choice of words. It's great that you've been enjoying this incredibly mediocre season. You must have really enjoyed the last 27 years where the team failed to meet expectations in about 25 of them.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #45
crdr
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Sorry I upset some of you with my choice of words. It's great that you've been enjoying this incredibly mediocre season. You must have really enjoyed the last 27 years where the team failed to meet expectations in about 25 of them.
crdr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crdr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #46
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
People could learn a lot from a guy like you. Take zero enjoyment from something, sign in to a site to discuss it further wasting your own time, and mock others for taking enjoyment in something that's supposed to be fun.

You must be great at parties.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #47
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe don't give up until they are mathematically eliminated then. Some people can be fans of the team and not enjoy mediocrity. Don't you dare suggest that because we haven't given up like you that we enjoy the team losing or not living up to its potential. We've just chosen to keep the flag up until sundown instead of rushing off at 3:30 to pick up your new ear drops.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:46 PM   #48
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

In a way I'm enjoying this last stretch of the season. No doubt I'd rather the Flames were home and cooled in the playoffs, but the tension is running high right now and that makes for good sport.

Pretty stoked for the game tomorrow night.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 10:51 PM   #49
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way I look at it, I'll cheer for them to run the table, win all the games remaining, and if it's not enough, so be it. I still enjoy the winning streak to end the season.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #50
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

The season so far is quite a disappointment. I’d go with letdown vs. abortion personally.

In any case, it’s not over yet and things would look a little brighter with a regulation win tomorrow night.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:21 AM   #51
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
In a way I'm enjoying this last stretch of the season. No doubt I'd rather the Flames were home and cooled in the playoffs, but the tension is running high right now and that makes for good sport.

Pretty stoked for the game tomorrow night.
I was thinking the same thing at the game on Tuesday. At least we are playing meaningful games in mid March.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2018, 05:30 AM   #52
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
The season so far is quite a disappointment. I’d go with letdown vs. abortion personally.

In any case, it’s not over yet and things would look a little brighter with a regulation win tomorrow night.
It's amazing how much more palatable that statement is. It's almost as if the language we use should provide the appropriate description of the situation.

Basically, we don't need to resort to hyperbole to make a point or to accurately represent the situation.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:39 AM   #53
FudsMcDuff
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I assume Strange Brew meant ‘abhorration,’ but could be wrong.
FudsMcDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #54
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
It's amazing how much more palatable that statement is. It's almost as if the language we use should provide the appropriate description of the situation.

Basically, we don't need to resort to hyperbole to make a point or to accurately represent the situation.
Oh, I chose that word carefully. GG went to a back alley, took out his coat hanger, and terminated this season before it ever had a chance.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #55
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
People could learn a lot from a guy like you. Take zero enjoyment from something, sign in to a site to discuss it further wasting your own time, and mock others for taking enjoyment in something that's supposed to be fun.

You must be great at parties.
If a party is as lame as this season has been, then the prudent move is to call a cab and go home. But if you're having fun, by all means, be the last to stumble out the door at 4AM if it pleases you.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #56
crdr
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
If a party is as lame as this season has been, then the prudent move is to call a cab and go home. But if you're having fun, by all means, be the last to stumble out the door at 4AM if it pleases you.
LAW 10

You can die from someone else's misery—emotional states are as infectious as diseases. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.

The Art of Waiting for The Replay of Goals and Getting Laid When Your Team Ain't Doing So Hot..

Last edited by crdr; 03-16-2018 at 10:57 AM.
crdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #57
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudsMcDuff View Post
I assume Strange Brew meant ‘abhorration,’ but could be wrong.
From the Oxford Dictionary:

Abhorration - Extreme loathing or disgust. Also as a count noun: an object of disgust; an abomination

I am not yet at extreme loathing. Disgust - mildly on occasion I suppose, but more at the overall results of the franchise and not just this year.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #58
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Except in your brilliant analogy, going home is forgetting about it and finding something better to do with your time. Not driving home and going to a forum to dwell on the party and mock others for attending it every day.

You're a complete wet blanket. I think you've gotten the point across you don't care. Why continue to come back here?
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote