Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default X-Files Coming Back

Quote:
Thirteen years after the original series run, FOX has ordered the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES, a thrilling, six-episode event series which will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-roles/379170/
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Igster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

How about no, the last couple of seasons were horrible and the movies were terrible.

Why do we keep bringing back the dead rotted corpses of things that are better left buried and remembered fondly.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

based on the last few season of X-Files my guess is that this will be the most confusing 6 hours of TV ever made
Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last couple of seasons didn't have much (if any) involvement by the original actors, or creative team led by Carter. The movie was a misfire. Not horrible, but didn't have anything to do with the X-files, which was weird. Done well, this could be very good.

I would have liked a complete 13 episode arc as opposed to 6. The landscape of what is acceptable on television has changed dramatically, and hopefully they will do justice to the original series. Just be happy its a continuation and not a reboot featuring the cast of Glee.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't have a problem with it. If the reboot doesn't work, no big loss. If it does, possibly the greatest tv show of my childhood will be back.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Dying to work on this show, would be great.

Meeting Chris Carter and drooling over Gillian Anderson is one of my career highlights.

Loved the first number of seasons but it did go downhill near the end. I loved the original quirkiness of it.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #7
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I really enjoyed the show. Even the final couple of seasons as well as the movie. The characters were great. So looking forward to this and Twin Peaks coming back.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I'll tune in. Agree with those that say the last three seasons were reheated dog turd, but it has so much potential.

Though, guess people don't care about 'greys' much anymore. Interesting when people and cars started carrying all these cameras, you don't hear about abductions or UFO's much anymore.

You guys are probably right. It probably will suck. But I guess I'm excited cause it never got the finish it deserved. Never got the third 'wrap' movie either. Which in a perfect world I hear they slated for the 2012 nonsense.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #9
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I am curious about that hasn't been mentioned- will it be filmed in Vancouver? Most people are aware that the point the series started to go downhill was when they moved production to LA. Seemed like they filmed "I want to Believe" in the Vancouver area, possibly out of nostalgia, or maybe an attempt to recreate the early magic- didn't work obviously. The overcast, wet, and dark Vancouver cityscape of the first 5 seasons really played a part in establishing the mood of the series, while switching to LA involved a lot more sunny and dry scenes- which tied in with the quirky and (non)humorous elements they tried to introduce.

For me, the episode that marked the beginning of the end was the two parter when Mulder switched bodies with David St Hubbins/Chuck McGill. Wow, that was bad.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #10
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Vancouver was definitely a way better and moodier locale than LA. But, the problems went way beyond just that. Mostly writing, then bored stars, than than than, etc. Lots of problems.

I liked the few Calgary episodes they did. Two filmed I think, but also a within series destination.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #11
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
One thing I am curious about that hasn't been mentioned- will it be filmed in Vancouver? Most people are aware that the point the series started to go downhill was when they moved production to LA. Seemed like they filmed "I want to Believe" in the Vancouver area, possibly out of nostalgia, or maybe an attempt to recreate the early magic- didn't work obviously. The overcast, wet, and dark Vancouver cityscape of the first 5 seasons really played a part in establishing the mood of the series, while switching to LA involved a lot more sunny and dry scenes- which tied in with the quirky and (non)humorous elements they tried to introduce.

For me, the episode that marked the beginning of the end was the two parter when Mulder switched bodies with David St Hubbins/Chuck McGill. Wow, that was bad.
Thing was, X-Files found it's quirky humorous voice way before the location swap. The now iconic smoking alien episode was way back in season three. They were doing stuff like that (and probably their best stuff) even before they went to LA.

I believe, from the same episode... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Ch...om_Outer_Space
Old 03-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #12
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Will be interesting if they talk about any other sort of alien species people have been talking about since the X-Files ended. Arcurians, reptilians, Paladians, ect.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #13
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gillian Anderson has been great on Hannibal.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #14
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

gillian would be great on anything she decided to take on
Old 03-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am 99% sure that they are filming here in Vancouver. The producers of the last pilot my wife worked for asked her to come onto their next project starting in June which is X Files. She got a confirmation call from craft services as well so it looks very likely.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #16
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
And that episode was written by Vince Gilligan!
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #17
sevenarms
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My favourite X-Files episodes were the one-off's with the weird monsters. It was like an updated version of The Twilight Zone.
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenarms For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2015, 04:35 AM   #18
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
IMHO, that was those were the best episodes

He spent half the time doing what all of us X-file fans wanted to do....trying sleep with Scully
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #19
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Confirmed that it will be filming in Vancouver.

Anyway, the best opener of any x files episode courtesy of this song... Anyone know which episode? It featured Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi- probably unknowns at the time.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #20
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wasn't that the episode where the one kid controls electricity?

*edit* This is the episode - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751095/

Last edited by BlAcKNoVa; 03-29-2015 at 11:25 PM.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote