Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Steam Deck 256gb | $700

I have a Steam Deck 256gb allocation, and I've decided I don't want it anymore. I'm putting it up for sale, but will not sell to a reseller.
SO I WILL VET YOU.

My allocation expires 10am Thursday.

$700 (thats my cost;. deposit, gst, 256gb retail)
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 09:21 AM   #2
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really hope someone picked this up. This thing rocks.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 11:26 AM   #3
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I’m tempted but I’m still not sure I’d use it.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #4
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The question is twofold.

1. Do you regularly use any form of transportation that you're not driving yourself? I.e., do you take a bus to work, or to the mountains for weekends, or fly more than a couple of times a year, or take a ferry on a semi-regular basis, or a train, etc.

2. Does sitting outside on your back porch in a hammock playing games and sipping a beer this afternoon seem like a good way to spend your time?

If you answer either of those questions in the affirmative, you'll use it enough to more than justify the purchase price... I honestly have not seen anyone say "I regret this purchase" other than people who've had problems with shipping or had to RMA due to some manufacturing defect (of which there have unfortunately been a reasonable number, but it's not totally unexpected with something like this in first gen).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #5
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The question is twofold.

1. Do you regularly use any form of transportation that you're not driving yourself? I.e., do you take a bus to work, or to the mountains for weekends, or fly more than a couple of times a year, or take a ferry on a semi-regular basis, or a train, etc.

2. Does sitting outside on your back porch in a hammock playing games and sipping a beer this afternoon seem like a good way to spend your time?

If you answer either of those questions in the affirmative, you'll use it enough to more than justify the purchase price... I honestly have not seen anyone say "I regret this purchase" other than people who've had problems with shipping or had to RMA due to some manufacturing defect (of which there have unfortunately been a reasonable number, but it's not totally unexpected with something like this in first gen).
3. Do you ever want to play video games but you're too hungover to get out of bed?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:18 PM   #6
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The question is twofold.

1. No. I don’t travel far, and when I do I’m driving.

2. Yes but I have a Switch and iPad with plenty of games already.

Would I use a Steam Deck? Sure but I’ve already spent a lot on gaming hardware in the last year, including two new GPUs at inflated prices. I’m thinking a new monitor should be my next upgrade and will likely be at least a grand.

$750 is a great price though…
Old 07-28-2022, 02:19 PM   #7
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
3. Do you ever want to play video games but you're too hungover to get out of bed?
Hungover? No. Clinically depressed. Oh boy yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 04:46 PM   #8
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

This gone?
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2022, 12:05 PM   #9
cam_wmh
Franchise Player