Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2022, 05:13 PM   #801
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufenstein View Post
Buddy and I are going to our first Cavalry game on Aug 12 vs Forge.
Which section should we get tickets in?
Can anyone provide a quick breakdown?
Thanks in advance!
If you want cheap tickets while getting the full experience of the supporters section, get in sections 200 or 201. Here's what that looks like...

If you want the atmosphere but don't want to be chewing smoke or right next to the drums, get in sections 108 or 109. There is a supporters group in 109 but they tend to supplement what we do in 200. Occasionally there is a supporters group in 108 but they tend to not show up. The last three rows of sections 104, 105 and 106 also do a $30 for a ticket and pint as well, decent seats under the roof if it rains. Here's what that looks like...

If you're in the South end there's a bar by the corner flag with some seating. There are beer guys that come into sections 200 but if you want beer otherwise that's where to go in those sections. Here's what that atmosphere looks like....

There is a free bus from the Rose and Crown that leaves 1 hour before kickoff. Ship and Anchor does a ticket / pint / bus combo as well, not sure how much or what section that is in. I want to say $40 and in section 203?

Last edited by shermanator; 07-26-2022 at 05:15 PM.
shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #802
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking forward to tonight! Bringing a brand new Cavs fan too into 200 (first game ever), should be fun! FTF!
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:54 AM   #803
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ftf

Old 07-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #804
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Should be a good atmosphere tonight, very excited for it. FTF
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #805
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufenstein View Post
Buddy and I are going to our first Cavalry game on Aug 12 vs Forge.
Which section should we get tickets in?
Can anyone provide a quick breakdown?
Thanks in advance!
Sherm broke it down really well - hope you have fun tonight Phaneufenstein (I guarantee you will)!!
Old 07-27-2022, 10:39 AM   #806
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Henry doesn’t end the evening wanting to fight a footsoldier I’ll be pretty disappointed!

I’m also bringing a buddy to their first game tonight. Hope the crowd is absolutely fired up and the team can break out of this slump!

Up the Cavs!

Last edited by M*A*S*H 4077; 07-27-2022 at 10:51 AM.
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:57 AM   #807
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surely someone knows someone who wants 3 tickets to this tonight? It's beautiful weather, should be a great night out and I just don't want them sitting empty!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2022, 11:29 AM   #808
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Surely someone knows someone who wants 3 tickets to this tonight? It's beautiful weather, should be a great night out and I just don't want them sitting empty!
Slava - what section / what price?
Old 07-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #809
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I could probably use at least two of them. How much are you asking?
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:09 PM   #810
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Tickets claimed by myself. Once again thanks Slava!
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fleuryisgod For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2022, 07:09 PM   #811
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beautiful start!

FTF
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #812
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

So uh ....
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:51 PM   #813
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

This game sucks. Gah. Why couldn't Forge have come to town a month ago when we were stomping everyone.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:08 PM   #814
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Too many unforced turnovers and hopeful passes to no one. Maybe they are tired. Or maybe they really, really miss Pepple forcing defenders to retreat before his speed instead of stepping up and blocking lanes off.

Hope it's not the latter, as that isn't getting fixed.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:11 PM   #815
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Fyi that first Forge goal was an absolute hand ball. Dude swatted it to the ground then kicked it in.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:56 PM   #816
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavalry started strong but the majority of the game had nothing in attack. Too many passengers right now. Camargo is clearly not at 100% as he's giving up on so many players. Musse, Di Chiara and Norman are on terrible form right now as well. They stopped playing when Camargo was injured which led to the Pacius goal and the Bekker goal was preventable as well, although a hell of a volley. Henry made a hell of a save off Mason at the end too.

If you're going to have a dip in form it's better to have that dip now than in October. Edmonton cures everything.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:32 PM   #817
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sleepy Joe Mason is an uninspiring player. But cant really blame the attackers. Cavalry's midfield has no control of the ball, so no attack could be built up the middle of the pitch. As a result cavalry were forced to the long ball, which at best are 50/50 possessions. Oh well. On to the next.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:00 PM   #818
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

So many 2021 flashbacks the last 3 games. Hopefully they can figure it out. The whole wing play/switch/more wing play/hoof ball up the middle is way too predictable and easy to defend.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:51 AM   #819
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Outside of the early goal and the first 25 or 30 minutes where Cavalry seemed to be controlling play that was ugly. Forge was better up and down the pitch.

I thought Musse was very lucky to not be given a second yellow card for that late challenge in the first half and he should've been subbed at halftime as he was a shadow of himself after that talking to he got from the ref.

First time in a while I think Tommy really got the lineup really wrong. I liked the back four, in fact I might like Norman at LB better than Klomp at RB. Not sure if Vliet was available or not last night. But that midfield. Yikes. Adekugbe, C Trafford, and Di Chiara give you three players who don't really want to be on the ball controlling tempo and two players (Di Chiara and Trafford) who like to run around and cause chaos and get out of position really easily. And with Escalante out with yellow card accumulation I thought it was bizarre to not start at least Fisk on the wing, instead opting for a Camargo/Di Chiara combo down that right side. No speed, no creativity. Where is Assi? /rant

They look like a mentally weak team right now. When they get behind they fall into the same patterns and are unwilling to try anything different.

I want to bring a "MISSING PERSON: MYER BEVAN" sign to the next game. Seriously, where is he?

The available depth and subs that Forge were able to bring on were just so much more than what Cavalry has available right now. But, it's a long season ahead still. It has been a brutal week but hopefully Edmonton cures all things.
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 08:31 AM   #820
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that was a frustrating game for sure. Teams with the kind of ball possession Forge had throughout the 90 minutes are the ones that usually win. Also, seemed like the field was covered in an invisible layer of ice, so many Cavs slipping all game - everywhere!

First time I can remember in a long time that Tommy immediately walked off the field too after the last whistle. He was definitely NOT happy.

Tags
cavalry , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good