Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2022, 09:07 PM   #101
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Psi View Post
On a side note, I purchased a used Backlund stick and thought I looked it over pretty thoroughly but I see there's a small cut in the lower part of the back of the shaft. I understand everything is likely final sale, has anyone had any luck getting them to swap a stick for another stick after the fact? I'd had planned to actual use the stick in my beer league tourney this weekend (Canmore Draft Experience - Thanks Nickerjones!!).

I'm not sure it would necessarily break with my mediocre beer league play but there were like 15 of his sticks, wonder if maybe they would consider a swap? I'll likely just call them tomorrow and ask...
I know that they usually have a note above the sticks in the fannattic yay states that all sticks are collector items only blah blah blah, likely to remove themselves from any potential liabilities.

It's still worth calling and asking but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:42 PM   #102
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Psi View Post
On a side note, I purchased a used Backlund stick and thought I looked it over pretty thoroughly but I see there's a small cut in the lower part of the back of the shaft. I understand everything is likely final sale, has anyone had any luck getting them to swap a stick for another stick after the fact? I'd had planned to actual use the stick in my beer league tourney this weekend (Canmore Draft Experience - Thanks Nickerjones!!).

I'm not sure it would necessarily break with my mediocre beer league play but there were like 15 of his sticks, wonder if maybe they would consider a swap? I'll likely just call them tomorrow and ask...
Ah that's a bummer, I bought a pair of Jagr gloves from the sale one year, they were mis matched, I contacted the FanAttic and they were able to help me out. Its definitely worth a shot, the team that runs the FanAttic are really nice people. If they can't help you I have some brand new lefty sticks that I probably wont ever use, they're not the newest models but I'd trade with you if you want.

Last edited by brett532; 09-19-2022 at 09:11 AM.
brett532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:48 PM   #103
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Another option is that the Flames could run these as an online auction for charity. Then everybody has equal chance at any item to the maximum they want to pay, and the proceeds still end up going to charity.
new arena fund
Old 09-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #104
Hi-Psi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett532 View Post
Ah that's a bummer, I bought a pair of Jagr gloves from the sale one year, they were mis matched, I contacted the FanAttic and they were able to help me out. Its definitely worth a shot, the team that runs the FanAttic are really nice people. If they can't help you I have some brand new lefty sticks that I probably wont ever use, they're not the newest models but I'd trade with you if you want.
Appreciate the offer Brett, thanks so much for offering. It's honestly not a huge deal to me, I've never actually bought one of the used sticks from the Flames sale before but there was just something about Backlunds sticks that I just loved lol

I'll try the Flames today and see what they say, otherwise I'll likely just play with it and if it breaks, I'll know to be smarter in the future haha
Old 09-19-2022, 11:04 PM   #105
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
No you didn’t.

You could have just said that. You posted it to brag about it, and humble brag yourself as a martry who was able to skip the line without even initially stating as much.

Not even a glutton needs or uses that much gear.

If you’re not reselling it, you’re holding on to it for its value going forward.

No one is fooled.

I used the gloves I bought 3 times in the last 2 days, and didn’t feel the need to post a picture of any of it or describe any in detail.
What is this junk? Brett is absolutely a collector. What Flames gear is worth holding onto for years for a better resale? That's a bonkers accusation. "Buy one pair Gaudreau's 20 pairs he wore in his final season for the Flames". "Yessssssss, it took 30 years, but I made $5 more than I paid!!!".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:45 AM   #106
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got a workout shirt with "It matters Ok is not ok" printed on the back.
Is that a Sutterism? Does anyone know the origin? It's printed on their shirts, it must mean something?
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #107
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
I got a workout shirt with "It matters Ok is not ok" printed on the back.
Is that a Sutterism? Does anyone know the origin? It's printed on their shirts, it must mean something?
I believe those were the Mental Health Awareness shirts, that’s what I overheard someone mentioning at the sale

Last edited by CofR; 09-24-2022 at 11:51 AM.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 12:12 PM   #108
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
I believe those were the Mental Health Awareness shirts, that’s what I overheard someone mentioning at the sale
I thought so too, but couldn't find anything on it.
Found it, it was a Sutter quote. at 9:24

https://twitter.com/user/status/https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/1503808528783269889?s=20&t=hIsVLsjo2E9BQn4LCJUuFA

Last edited by Ben_in_Canada; 09-24-2022 at 12:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben_in_Canada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2022, 12:16 PM   #109
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Link no working?
It was a Sutter press conferece 3.15.22