Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #21
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethrynn View Post
I found the perfect solution for shoes in the office, I don’t wear any just go with socks.(don’t wear shoes in the house so doesn’t seem much different) people coming in don’t seem to mind and abide by the no shoe rule( bonus being the floors stay clean)
Do you put them no when you go to the washroom? Meetings?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #22
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I found the perfect solution for shoes in the office, I don’t wear any just go with socks.(don’t wear shoes in the house so doesn’t seem much different) people coming in don’t seem to mind and abide by the no shoe rule( bonus being the floors stay clean)

Biut everybody else IS wearing shoes in the office. Your socks are just getting dirty from the crud of other people's shoes, and then you're bringing it home.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #23
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have a no shoe policy in the office, so anyone that comes takes their shoes off and I am alone so no other employees, but in the past it was the same for them. As for bathroom yeah no shoes
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:23 PM   #24
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
maybe this is a dumb question but for those that get their shirts professionally laundered - how many times do you wear the shirt before repeating the cycle?
Depends. During the winter where it's not hot, maybe 4-5 times but I also typically wear a white t-shirt underneath so really only my arms are touching the fabric.

In summer when it's hot, not as likely to wear a t-shirt underneath so maybe twice, 3 times absolute max.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #25
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have a no shoe policy in the office...As for bathroom yeah no shoes
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #26
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don’t wear shoes in my house so don’t really see the difference... but I could see an issue in a big office in say downtown Calgary instead of mine in Fort Nelson..lol
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #27
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised at prices in Calgary. Here in Houston you’re typically paying $2 or so for shirt laundry and press.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:17 AM   #28
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's it. I paid $2.65/ shirt until now. But nobody charges less than $4 now it seems...
Old 05-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #29
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Surprised at prices in Calgary. Here in Houston you’re typically paying $2 or so for shirt laundry and press.
Seems to be a premium for pretty much everything in Calgary based on my experience living here.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #30
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I almost always can wear a shirt twice before taking it in. I'll either blast the shirt with the steamer or give it a quick iron. Then again, I don't sweat from my armpits so that helps with the shirt longevity.
It all comes down to the armpit sweat..especially in this current slim fit era, its such a battle if you're one of those types..which I am. The rare day where I actually manage to pull it off feels like such a victory.

As long as I avoid the pit stains, I have no problem wearing a dress shirt 2, maybe even 3 times before dry-cleaning it. Especially in the winter when I layer, where an already worn dress shirt is a prime candidate to be worn underneath a nice sweater or something.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #31
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
It all comes down to the armpit sweat..especially in this current slim fit era, its such a battle if you're one of those types..which I am. The rare day where I actually manage to pull it off feels like such a victory.

As long as I avoid the pit stains, I have no problem wearing a dress shirt 2, maybe even 3 times before dry-cleaning it. Especially in the winter when I layer, where an already worn dress shirt is a prime candidate to be worn underneath a nice sweater or something.
That's why I linked to the DermaDry machine. I don't have hyperhidrosis, but pit-sweat is a royal pain, and I was considering getting botox in the armpits which is also sometimes used to stop armpit sweating. Instead, I used the machine based on the manufacturer's recommendations for someone with 'medium' hyperhidrosis of the armpits.

Game. Changer.

I can be going full-tilt in the gym and my armpits are … just barely damp. During normal day-to-day work, no pit-sweat, and no compensatory sweating. It's glorious. You wanna wear a shirt to the office more than once, that's the way to do it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote