Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #2701
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

One episode in and I agree with all the positive things people are saying about HoHH, but I've noticed it seems to have the same premise of Stephen King's It (give or take a little tweaking). Not exactly a bold artistic move to use the same premise as the most profitable horror film of all time, but will keep watching it in the hopes it finds more of it's own identity.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #2702
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
My wife and I don't watch a lot of Netflix but we tried on season 2 of Big Mouth.

What an awful show. Turned it off half way through the first episode. How do people tolerate this garbage?
I agree, it's terrible and I can't see the appeal of it at all. To each their own I guess.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #2703
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Haunting of House Hill was excellent. Not so much of a horror than a psychological thriller.

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 10-19-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #2704
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'm six episodes into Daredevil S3 and so far it's great. I wasn't sure about 13 episodes as I like the shorter series recently. Episode 6 is incredible.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #2705
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
One episode in and I agree with all the positive things people are saying about HoHH, but I've noticed it seems to have the same premise of Stephen King's It (give or take a little tweaking). Not exactly a bold artistic move to use the same premise as the most profitable horror film of all time, but will keep watching it in the hopes it finds more of it's own identity.
Isn’t it an adaptation of some novel from the 50’s?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #2706
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know why, but I find “The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell” pretty good, in a campy way. It’s like a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version of a cooking show.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #2707
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 episodes into Making a Murderer Part 2 and it's just as captivating, just with a different flair. They revisit the first part and address some of the accused biases of the filmmakers. They have also brought up quite a few new details that weren't in Part 1.

If you liked the first part you will certainly enjoy Part 2, although it's more procedural than the thrill of the unfolding of the initial trial.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #2708
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished the Haunting of Hill House.
I'm not much of a scary movie fan, but my wife loves this stuff. Scared the crap out of me. She had some good laughs at my expense when I was almost jumping off the couch.

Really tied up nicely at the end, and absolutely worth the watch.
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #2709
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
2 episodes into Making a Murderer Part 2 and it's just as captivating, just with a different flair. They revisit the first part and address some of the accused biases of the filmmakers. They have also brought up quite a few new details that weren't in Part 1.

If you liked the first part you will certainly enjoy Part 2, although it's more procedural than the thrill of the unfolding of the initial trial.

Yeah, it’s brilliant and frustrating to see how the justice system operates. No accountability.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:06 AM   #2710
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is some internet dismay over the cancellation of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but doesn't this pretty much mean a guaranteed season of Heroes for Hire?
Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #2711
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm sure it has been brought up because the movie came out in 2014 but What We Do In The Shadows is hilarious. Mocumentary of Real World meets Vampires. Recommend if you like Flight of the Conchords or Monty Python.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #2712
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as they don't cancel The Punisher.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #2713
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Avery's lawyer's nose job is the real tragic story in season two of Making a Murderer.

Those nostrils will haunt my dreams.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #2714
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Avery's lawyer's nose job is the real tragic story in season two of Making a Murderer.

Those nostrils will haunt my dreams.
Pretty sure she has bell's palsy.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:20 PM   #2715
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I binged it. “MaM” and “Time” are those shows that really hook you and make you feel this sense of frustration and rage. Of course there is a chance that MaM could have been carefully curated to give a sense of malfeasance, but you would think something compelling would be released to counter MaMs take. It did bring up a few questions. If there was that kind of smut on the brothers computer, why isn’t he in jail? And why, if there was some possibility that the wrong people are incarcerated, why are people (public, victims family)so vehemently against delving into it. You’d think there would be some satisfaction in making sure the right people were behind locked away.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #2716
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
I'm sure it has been brought up because the movie came out in 2014 but What We Do In The Shadows is hilarious. Mocumentary of Real World meets Vampires. Recommend if you like Flight of the Conchords or Monty Python.
one of the funniest movies I've seen in years!

you do need to have a certain sense of humor to really appreciate it, though.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #2717
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don’t know why, but I find “The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell” pretty good, in a campy way. It’s like a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version of a cooking show.
wife and I are watching it. I appreciate while she wants to showcase her awesome baking, she wanted to do something less straightforward than the typical baking show.

cool the hensen group is involved.
only watched two episodes, but #2 had several laugh out loud moments.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #2718
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Of course there is a chance that MaM could have been carefully curated to give a sense of malfeasance, but you would think something compelling would be released to counter MaMs take.
There is a vast amount of evidence available online, which was presented at the trial, showing why Avery was found guilty. It is pretty compelling.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #2719
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
There is a vast amount of evidence available online, which was presented at the trial, showing why Avery was found guilty. It is pretty compelling.
Stuff like "sweat DNA" which isn't a thing?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #2720
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

6 episodes into MaM 2 and I'm back in the saddle in terms of getting upset and frustrated at the bull#### again. I understand it's designed to tell the story from 1 side but some of the evidence that these convictions still remain to stick on is just absurd.

For those that appreciate this series, there's another on Netflix called "The Staircase" which is similar court trial/evidence driven wrongful imprisonment angle. Watched it a few months ago and felt it was also very good, not exactly the same but very similar.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote