Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #1021
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Don't really disagree with any of your points Blaster... But for now at least I'm quite enjoying swtor. I really liked Kotor and vanilla wow so I'm not surprised that I like this.
And that is good, cause if you enjoy it then who cares what I think in regards to if it is any good.

It just sucks that it takes a monthly sub or micro transactions to play a real KotOR sequel.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #1022
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

I might jump back into this if we get a guild going.
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #1023
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dang, all this talk of a guild...and all my characters are on a different server. >.<
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #1024
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Dang, all this talk of a guild...and all my characters are on a different server. >.<
Start fresh and level with my Sorcerer. She is a healer. Jonayla is her name. Level 11 and just started Drommund Kaas.

I keep getting Guild invites from randoms who yell at me if I don't join.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #1025
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Start fresh and level with my Sorcerer. She is a healer. Jonayla is her name. Level 11 and just started Drommund Kaas.

I keep getting Guild invites from randoms who yell at me if I don't join.
Sorry, the non-story quests are boring enough after being done once that it's a chore to level through them again for any future toons. Starting over on a new server (all my characters are 20+) would drive me nuts.

Also, I think that there's an option in the preferences to turn off/block guild invites.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #1026
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

There seems to be a fair bit of xp from doing warzones, flashpoints, space missions, even just from crafting... I finished almost all the quests on Drummond Kaas which got me to level 19. Now I'm almost level 21 and I haven't done any quests since, haven't even started Balmorra yet, will probably just do the story quest there and then go to the next planet. Will try doing Balmorra on my next character or something.
Icon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #1027
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tried to start an republic character, couldn't do it. I let the hate flow too much. I will remain guildless on the empire side.

Boblobla is my character name if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.

or send me credits...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #1028
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my guy up to level 31 over the weekend. I'm about halfway through Alderaan right now.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #1029
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
There seems to be a fair bit of xp from doing warzones, flashpoints, space missions, even just from crafting... I finished almost all the quests on Drummond Kaas which got me to level 19. Now I'm almost level 21 and I haven't done any quests since, haven't even started Balmorra yet, will probably just do the story quest there and then go to the next planet. Will try doing Balmorra on my next character or something.
Yeah its ok to skip quests which can improve the drops. I have to admit I came home from practice late on Saturday night and ran through a level 21 flashpoint solo with my level 55 Inquisitor and I felt like a hugely powerful Sith rolling through and murderballing everyone.

I'm going to solo through the flash points up to the Foundry because there is a piece of HK-51 that I need to grab.

I'm still up for a guild, if someone wants to send an invite to one of my republic characters that would be cool.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #1030
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I tried to start an republic character, couldn't do it. I let the hate flow too much. I will remain guildless on the empire side.

Boblobla is my character name if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.

or send me credits...
To be honest, playing a darkside Knight or a darkside smuggler is awesome as hell and you get some incredibly jerkish evil moments.

My darkside trooper basically killed everyone, I would have bosses begging to live and I would listen patiently then scream out "I am the Law" and shoot them in the face.

If you go darkside witht he Jedi Knight the ending result is very different and you come across very Sith like in your dealings with the Jedi Council.

Plus because I have some very Sith like Robes and masks in my collection it was easy to make my Jedi Knight look like a rogue Sith.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #1031
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
To be honest, playing a darkside Knight or a darkside smuggler is awesome as hell and you get some incredibly jerkish evil moments.

My darkside trooper basically killed everyone, I would have bosses begging to live and I would listen patiently then scream out "I am the Law" and shoot them in the face.

If you go darkside witht he Jedi Knight the ending result is very different and you come across very Sith like in your dealings with the Jedi Council.

Plus because I have some very Sith like Robes and masks in my collection it was easy to make my Jedi Knight look like a rogue Sith.
I've heard similar things about playing a light-side Sith Warrior. I've heard it called a Jedi without the naive ideals.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #1032
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I've heard similar things about playing a light-side Sith Warrior. I've heard it called a Jedi without the naive ideals.
My Sith Warrior was the first character that I played and I didn't really go by characteristics and came out as a shades of Grey person.

Someone who would kill without regret but not without reason. It was crucial in the story a couple of times. In one scenario I beat the crap out of a bunch of Republic troopers and I decided to spare them and their commander basically said we hate you but we owe you, if you need us just call.

So I didn't think much about it, but later on in that level I came across a ridiculously over powered boss and one of my options was to call for help. So I did and the rep troops showed up and made short work of him. If I would have executed them I would have had a hard time against a champion and his two strong companions.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #1033
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still up to make a guild as well. We'll have to find two more interested people to create one.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #1034
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I just downloaded the client and started playing.

Got a jedi knight (sentinel) on Bastian.

Is there a refer-a-friend program for this like there is for WoW? If so, does someone want to send me a link?
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #1035
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm still up to make a guild as well. We'll have to find two more interested people to create one.
Republic or Imperial side?

There seem to lots of Knights being made... Makes me kind of regret making one a little bit.

Also, I got my Sorceress up to 17 today. I don't know how many heroic missions I've solo'd. She is that good.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #1036
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Republic or Imperial side?

There seem to lots of Knights being made... Makes me kind of regret making one a little bit.

Also, I got my Sorceress up to 17 today. I don't know how many heroic missions I've solo'd. She is that good.
I'm on Republic side right now. I have a 50 and a 55 on Imp side but they're basically inactive right now.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #1037
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm on Republic side right now. I have a 50 and a 55 on Imp side but they're basically inactive right now.
Well, someone do something. I'm going to be playing for a while tonight, and basically all day tomorrow. Yay Norwalk virus!! Send me a whisper or mail me or something. Let's get this ball rolling.

Maybe we should organize a time to get together to get this done?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #1038
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I would be available next weekend, I can do something on either the republic side or Imperial side.

I believe there is a refer a friend prize for getting friends to sign up.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #1039
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would be available next weekend, I can do something on either the republic side or Imperial side.

I believe there is a refer a friend prize for getting friends to sign up.
Yeah I thought so, who wants to send me one?
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #1040
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Yeah I thought so, who wants to send me one?
Since you've already signed up to play and have an account I don't think its applicable. Here's the link to info on it

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: