Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #2441
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Im guessing it was a partial tear a month ago, and it let go tonight.

In that clip what i believe we are seeing is the tendon curl up the leg after rupturing.

Ive seen it before in football and this was identical.

5-6 months recovery is likely.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #2442
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watching Bob Myers' press conference on youtube. What a joke. Crying without tears? Seriously? Put on the big boy pants ya doofus. He's not dead.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #2443
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Other than head injuries it can't get worse than tearing an achilles. But hey weren't you the guy who called him a faker?
Exactly, and we see head injuries all the time without this kinda reaction. I mean it sucks for him but that's sports. He likely plays next season IMO and it's not like his quality of life is on the line.

I didn't call him a faker on this injury, I said it before he went down so bringing that up out of context is lame.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #2444
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Still can’t believe KD put his future contract on the line like that. I’m
Sure he has insurance, but damn.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #2445
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Raptors almost won with Kawai having an off game. Lowry plays better on the road. Would have been great to hit the winning shot at home but it didn't work out. Get em on the road closeout the Oracle with Finals loss.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #2446
bigpete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Just watching Bob Myers' press conference on youtube. What a joke. Crying without tears? Seriously? Put on the big boy pants ya doofus. He's not dead.
Maybe I'm being a ###### but that whole interview his crying and reaction seemed so contrived and fake. Like a bad actor in a soap opera audition. If you must blame someone...blame me...
bigpete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpete For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #2447
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Exactly, and we see head injuries all the time without this kinda reaction. I mean it sucks for him but that's sports. He likely plays next season IMO and it's not like his quality of life is on the line.

I didn't call him a faker on this injury, I said it before he went down so bringing that up out of context is lame.
So you said his previous injury which cost him 14 games and 32 days was fake... ok...

and now with hindsight we KNOW that he had an achilles injury in Houston.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #2448
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Still can’t believe KD put his future contract on the line like that. I’m
Sure he has insurance, but damn.
I'm pretty sure the Warriors 'forced' him to play. hence the crying president.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:10 PM   #2449
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I blame myself for the loss. I usually turn the volume off and listen to music while watching the game. Two times in a row I've listened to Pusha T and they've lost. No more Pusha T on game day.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #2450
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Out of all the people that could have taken that shot y'all put it in the hands of a man that has been blocked by Kevin Hart

Lmaoooooooooooo you love to see it
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #2451
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man that last 15 seconds flew by. The possession was jumbled after the drive didn’t work but I’m glad Lowry got the chance to put it away. Would have been a nice touch. On to game 6.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #2452
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard some Raptors fan turned down $248,000 for his ticket. I wonder if he’d like a do over.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:40 PM   #2453
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pathetic behaviour by raps fans cheering KD's injury. Typical Toronto. Become a dub' s fan living down here but I was torn in this series. Now just embarrassed by drake, the overloaded band wagon up there and now that.
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 PM   #2454
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I think anyone would have loved it... doesn't mean he is the guy who should be taking it. Especially from there down by one
Who would you have had taking the shot?

GS basically took the option of anyone but Kawai. Lowry is my second option for sure.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:46 PM   #2455
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

3...2...1... here come the Toronto haters who were just waiting for something to bitch about.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #2456
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
Pathetic behaviour by raps fans cheering KD's injury. Typical Toronto. Become a dub' s fan living down here but I was torn in this series. Now just embarrassed by drake, the overloaded band wagon up there and now that.
What does any of this have to do with Drake
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #2457
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think if Durant doesn't play then we're celebrating a Raptors championship right now. His presence affected both teams for GS's favour. Once he was out the tide shifted. If he doesn't play the Raptors win and probably lead a few more times, if not ost of the game.

I think they'll win it next game.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 AM   #2458
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I think if Durant doesn't play then we're celebrating a Raptors championship right now. His presence affected both teams for GS's favour. Once he was out the tide shifted. If he doesn't play the Raptors win and probably lead a few more times, if not ost of the game.

The Warriors had no business winning that game... But, they have 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the game who were firing on all cylinders. As already pointed out, 48% to 25% 3 point shooting is the only reason the Warriors won this game. They were not really good at anything else. Couldn't even sustain double digit leads during the game. I hope the Raptors can go back to GS and close it out. They seem to play a lot better on the road against this team.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #2459
Winnie
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Nailed it. Warriors have been gaming the KD injury as best they could. It turned the tide slightly in this game, but they don't have any cards to play now, other than crying about Raptors' fans. If you're going to completely game an injury for weeks, don't get all butthurt when the opposing team fans jump on the opportunity to throw it back in your face.
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #2460
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Nailed it. Warriors have been gaming the KD injury as best they could. It turned the tide slightly in this game, but they don't have any cards to play now, other than crying about Raptors' fans. If you're going to completely game an injury for weeks, don't get all butthurt when the opposing team fans jump on the opportunity to throw it back in your face.
Exactly. Imagine if Crosby was repeatedly reported as questionable against the team you cheer for in the Stanley Cup Finals. Then he finally comes back and injures himself on a completely innocuous play. Of course the fans are going to give it to him.

It's not like KD had some grotesque injury or was knocked out on the floor. With the buildup to him coming back of course the fans were going to get on his case.

People acting like the fans spit on him or something g are just showing their desperation to hate on Toronto for anything.