Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #161
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Which is the one part of the game that I don't quite like. You start up a new route and the game assigns say 8 buses to that route. It sends them all out at once which is silly as they are all clumped together. First bus is full, second bus has maybe 10 people and buses 3-8 are almost always empty. Wish it would stagger them a bit. I sort of expected traffic to cause some separation but they still mostly all travel together.
That's odd. Almost sounds like you have the Calgary Transit mod enabled
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #162
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
still really enjoying this game. Still suck at roads. Always have a traffic issue somewhere.

It amazes me how there are so many things you can watch. I remember being blown away when I got the underground train system running. Watching all the people filter into the station, hear a train arrive and suddenly TONS of people are pouring out going to their destinations.

I even spent a half hour following busses through going through their route.

Which is the one part of the game that I don't quite like. You start up a new route and the game assigns say 8 buses to that route. It sends them all out at once which is silly as they are all clumped together. First bus is full, second bus has maybe 10 people and buses 3-8 are almost always empty. Wish it would stagger them a bit. I sort of expected traffic to cause some separation but they still mostly all travel together.
I'd follow buses while in 1st person mode for hours. For that bus issue, I would let a couple of the buses exit and then turn the depot on and off to stagger their exit.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RW99 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #163
Stormageddon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Got this game because of this thread, my wife just shakes her head at me when I play it. But I digress.

My city (no mods) was going fantastically well, until I hit 44,000. That was when my industry took a nose dive and I had abandoned buildings everywhere. It also coincided with me putting some infrastructure across a river from the main city. Then there was a huge death wave sweeping the city. I was bulldozing buildings like crazy and losing my mind. Now the death wave has ended, my industry is beginning to return and I'm getting more people back into the city .

There must have been a high number of people leaving the work force (becoming seniors) which lead to my issues? Definitely a lesson learned for next time, haha.
Stormageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #164
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

If I recall, if you expand quickly and get a wave of people moving in, that too will also throw off things in the future, ending with a wave of people dying.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #165
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
If I recall, if you expand quickly and get a wave of people moving in, that too will also throw off things in the future, ending with a wave of people dying.
That's my experience too. I consider problems like those features. Brings some more variety to the game. Different situations.

You can also prepare for huge problems in the future if you build a large mining area all at once, as those mines and all the related industry will crash pretty much all at once.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:04 AM   #166
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

So I have a death wave issue that seems to be a glitch. I just started my city and I was at 17k when I saved and exited the game last night. Everyone was heathy, etc. I open the game this morning and almost every building had a dead person, half in yellow status and half in red status. I'm nowhere near having my first death wave and it shouldn't be every building all at once. I tried searching for a glitch, but all I could find was help on riding out your death waves. Anyone else experience this? It effectively destroys the new city I just built.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #167
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been building crematoriums on every street corner basically.

PS: Revamped my transit system for about 110 city into a centralized hub. I wonder how that is going to go later.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #168
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

In case anyone has stopped playing this awesome game, they just released a free expansion as well as paid DLC yesterday. More info can be found here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-1-2-0.883183/

Coles notes:
Code:
After Dark 1.2.0

Paid content | After Dark Expansion: - $15
  • Prisons added
  • Prisoners added
  • Commercial specializations added: Leisure and Tourism
  • Leisure and Beach assets added
  • International airport added
  • Cargo hub added
  • Taxi service added
  • Bus terminal added
  • Bicycles and bicycle paths working
Free for all players:
  • Night ambient sounds implemented
  • Lights go off when a building is on fire
  • Day/Night transport lines
  • Shoreline now has land value
  • Content manager: ability to create custom district styles (custom building collections) from downloaded assets to be used on districts
  • District panel now has a drop down allowing to change its style set
  • Visual night and day cycle added
  • Street lights
I'm only a few hours into a new city with the DLC, but so far I really like the bus terminals and have to figure out taxi's yet. The day/night cycle is fairly cool, but so far I haven't seen much of a difference other than visual between the two. Once the city becomes bigger it might be apparent.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #169
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice! Didn't know it was out. I'll kill many hours on that my next day off
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #170
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

On sale on Steam right now
Old 10-03-2015, 03:38 PM   #171
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saddens me that I don't have a computer that can play this game.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #172
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Saddens me that I don't have a computer that can play this game.
It saddened me also since everyone should be able to enjoy this game.

Then I saw your username.
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #173
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
It saddened me also since everyone should be able to enjoy this game.

Then I saw your username.
Even his computer is stuck in the '80's?
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #174
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I know this is alot to ask but for a good gaming experience what is the video card someone might recommend, I know there is a list of cards that will work but since I am now married with a child I have few opportunities to enjoy computer games, and would rather not have a glitchty experience with a game that I am likely to love.

Also, what version of the game would people suggest, the base or "deluxe". I am not much into plopping random skyscrapers to make my city look better than it is but am much more into the city building/managing experience.

After watching alot of youtube play videos it would seem that traffic is a nightmare in the game that alot of people "fix" with underground roads which isnt very realistic on a large scale.

All I need for gaming is...

A good city building game: Was sim city 4 rush hour with mods, now hopefully this (I really wish they add regions to CS as I loved that feature in SC4)
A good Civilizations game: Civ5
A good Battletech game: Mech Commander - hopefully the kickstarter game.
A good epic war simulation game: Rome total war
A good railroads simluation game: sadly none available Railroad tycoon

Thanks.

Last edited by temple5; 11-20-2015 at 11:22 AM.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #175
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cities skylines is awesome. I'm on the verge of collecting the final achievement. Basic package is good enough.

Let me know how Rome Total war is. I'm interested in that.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #176
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple5 View Post
I know this is alot to ask but for a good gaming experience what is the video card someone might recommend, I know there is a list of cards that will work but since I am now married with a child I have few opportunities to enjoy computer games, and would rather not have a glitchty experience with a game that I am likely to love.

Also, what version of the game would people suggest, the base or "deluxe". I am not much into plopping random skyscrapers to make my city look better than it is but am much more into the city building/managing experience.

After watching alot of youtube play videos it would seem that traffic is a nightmare in the game that alot of people "fix" with underground roads which isnt very realistic on a large scale.

A good city building game: Was sim city 4 rush hour with mods, now hopefully this (I really wish they add regions to CS as I loved that feature in SC4)

Thanks.
I think the base game is just fine. I'd wait until next week though as Steam is going to run their annual Fall Sale. Rome 2 is fun and I like the setting but Shogun 2 is still the better Total War game.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #177
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I was planning to bump this thread when I got all 37 achievements, but Temple5 ruined it for me.

Nevertheless. wooohhoooo noobs I got all 37 achievements Stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Old 11-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #178
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any must have mods in the last 5 months? Took a long break but now that Fifa has bored me to death I need something new
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #179
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple5 View Post

Thanks.
Try here.

The headline says laptop GPU's, but if you look at the restriction options, they rank all kinds.

(The benchmarks don't have Cities Skylines, but they do have Rome and Civ 5, so you'll have some idea.)
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #180
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Any must have mods in the last 5 months? Took a long break but now that Fifa has bored me to death I need something new
I have been a purist until I unlocked all the achievements, so I don't even know right now about mods.

Once I platinum South Park and Lego Star wars on PS3 I'm going to circle back to this game and play unlimited money mode.