Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #621
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I'm not going to blame the officials, we've had our fair share of bad calls against us, and we've had our fair share of calls go our way.

Team laid an egg. It happens. I am happy they are where they are even if we don't make it out of round 1.

I will be disappointed if they play craptastic 2 games in a row. I expect the next game on home ice to be a battle, and they better be up to the task.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #622
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

While I thoroughly enjoyed the game, history shows that a 7-zip thumping is not any more important than a 2-1 OT win. Still too much chance the oilers won this
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #623
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Was at both games 3 and 4. What a complete reversal. Game 3 they played a solid road game and last night were absolutely dominated on the scoreboard.

Game 5 is a huge game and I'm interested to see how they play at home. Best of 3 now. I'd put in Hendricks for game 5 and take out Pouliot. It's nice though to be this stressed out rather than be looking at what player we are getting in the top 5 of the draft. So there's that.
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #624
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Except there's a difference between getting upset when a clearly illegal goal was allowed in an overtime loss and bishing about the refs when you got curb-stomped by 7.

People went a bit far the other night and anyone who claims conspiracy is out to lunch IMO but I don't blame any Flames fans for being frustrated with the league/refs.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #625
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That game was over before the first Oiler fan booger was picked and wiped on the seat below them...
Old 04-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #626
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
It happens. Best of 3 now with 2 games at home. Their response will tell all.
Not often. The last team I recall that was so badly dominated in a playoff series in the other team's rink was the Vancouver Canucks in Boston.

The truth is that the Oilers have looked painfully average through four post season games. The Sharks have not looked great either, but the fact that they are the only one to actually resemble a playoff team in this series is telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #627
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
We'd be exactly the same after a lose like that...or say a blown lead...
This is not about "us" nor the Flames. Stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #628
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

things were going so well for the Oilers, it was like being an ugly guy going on a date with a hot girl. All of your previously lame awkward come ons, she was receptive to. Your bizarre attempts at flirtation she returned. She whispers into your wax crusted ear that she wants to take you home, You're going to be a winner, its inevitable, time for a little pre win celebration.

And then this happens

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #629
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet 1m1 minute ago
More
Draisaitl definitely having a hearing.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #630
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet 1m1 minute ago
More
Draisaitl definitely having a hearing.
NHL doesn't have the guts to suspend him although it's IMO spearing should warrant an automatic one game suspension because it's one of those dirty plays like swinging a stick at a head that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #631
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I'm not going to blame the officials, we've had our fair share of bad calls against us, and we've had our fair share of calls go our way.

Team laid an egg. It happens. I am happy they are where they are even if we don't make it out of round 1.

I will be disappointed if they play craptastic 2 games in a row. I expect the next game on home ice to be a battle, and they better be up to the task.
you should blame the refs!
oops, I thought this was the reverse psych thread.
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #632
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only issue I had with officiating last night (having only sparingly watched my recorded copy of the game) was the call on Kassian.

I don't understand how you can blow the whistle ending play then give a delay of game penalty? That doesn't make much sense.

The other calls didn't bother me. Apparently they missed some calls on the sharks but again I didn't watch the game so can't comment.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #633
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's time for McDavid, who has just two points in this series, to become that productive, puck-carting player who drew the most penalties in the NHL this season. He has been bested by the Sharks' defensive scheme, so he’s not carrying the puck at warp speed and creating offence. As such, he isn’t drawing penalties.

Can Todd McLellan coach him out of this?

“He’s got to experience his way out of it,” said the Oilers head coach. “His teammates and his coaching staff have to help him.”

Ah, his teammates.

A big part of McDavid’s problems is his linemates, or perhaps it’s the other way around. But Leon Draisaitl (zero points) has been a ghost in this series, and Pat Maroon (zero points) hasn’t been any better.

I don't think Chris Tierney thinks Draisaitl has been a ghost in this series.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...s-best-player/
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #634
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The only issue I had with officiating last night (having only sparingly watched my recorded copy of the game) was the call on Kassian.

I don't understand how you can blow the whistle ending play then give a delay of game penalty? That doesn't make much sense.

The other calls didn't bother me. Apparently they missed some calls on the sharks but again I didn't watch the game so can't comment.
He intentionally pushed the defender into the post, resulting in the net coming off, pretty textbook...
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #635
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
It's time for McDavid, who has just two points in this series, to become that productive, puck-carting player who drew the most penalties in the NHL this season. He has been bested by the Sharks' defensive scheme, so he’s not carrying the puck at warp speed and creating offence. As such, he isn’t drawing penalties.

Can Todd McLellan coach him out of this?

“He’s got to experience his way out of it,” said the Oilers head coach. “His teammates and his coaching staff have to help him.”

Ah, his teammates.

A big part of McDavid’s problems is his linemates, or perhaps it’s the other way around. But Leon Draisaitl (zero points) has been a ghost in this series, and Pat Maroon (zero points) hasn’t been any better.

I don't think Chris Tierney thinks Draisaitl has been a ghost in this series.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...s-best-player/
Its not so easy when teams decide not to let you wind up in the neutral zone hair flying and looking good. While teams won't specifically game plan like this in the regular season, McDavid's game is going to have to evolve.

Its also tough when the refs won't call a penalty everytime somebody glares at you. He's going to have to suck it up and grow some toughness.

All I saw last night was a frustrated kid doing dumb things and then glaring at the officials with a pouty 2 year olds look on his face.

Its not secret that Draisaitl has had consistency problems in his career, and it takes him a long time to adjust to things and get comfortable.

He's been beyond terrible in this series, he looks lost and that spear was really dirty.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #636
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
He intentionally pushed the defender into the post, resulting in the net coming off, pretty textbook...
They whistle went before he did that. How do you delay a game that isn't in play?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #637
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

its harder to score when you aren't playing the Avs or Canucks every night

who knew lol

Oilers record down the stretch was greatly exaggerated buy multiple games against the leagues worst teams that were mailing it in
Old 04-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #638
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

No suspension for that spear? I thought one game but I spun the wheel wrong I guess.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #639
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No surprise, though I thought that was a lot more filthy then MT elbow. But he was fined the maximum which is literally a happy meal.

Here's thinking that in the next regular season game between the Sharks and Oilers Tierney is going to beat the crap out of Leon.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #640
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
No suspension for that spear? I thought one game but I spun the wheel wrong I guess.
If we are down by 3 in the 3rd, it's time to go duck ball hunting!
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote