Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default Lanny McDonald inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame

Congrats Lanny!!

Best known for his giant, walrus-style moustache, McDonald also became an iconic figure in the NHL. He capped a 47-goal season in 1978 with the Game 7 overtime winner to help the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the New York Islanders and advance to the semifinals. Ranking 13th all time in franchise history in points, he was traded to Colorado two seasons later and went on to score 500 goals and 1,006 points in a Hall of Fame career that ended in a Stanley Cup title with Calgary in 1989.

Also joining Lanny are Mike Weir, Cindy Klassen, Simon Whitfield, and Carol Huynh.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/canada-spor...ment-1.4075315
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
Dion
Not a casual user
 
Dion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: A simple man leading a complicated life....
Exp:
Default

__________________
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
GreenLantern
One of the Nine
 
GreenLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Space Sector 2814
Exp:
Default

I prefer this one... that Bob Cole "You've done it Lanny.. you've done it." always seems to happen when guys are cutting onions around me.

__________________
"In brightest day, in blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
calgarywinning
Powerplay Quarterback
 
calgarywinning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Field near Field, AB
Exp:
Default

Such a class act!
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Rather amazed it took this long.

Also amazed the dude isn't in the Order of Canada, particularly given his association with the Special Olympics.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
Lanny'sDaMan
#1 Goaltender
 
Lanny'sDaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nachodamus.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Rather amazed it took this long.

Also amazed the dude isn't in the Order of Canada, particularly given his association with the Special Olympics.
Agreed wholeheartedly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Maher
I announced the Flames to three Stanley cup finals, that wouldn't have happened with the Leafs.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
CroFlames
Franchise Player
 
CroFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I prefer this one... that Bob Cole "You've done it Lanny.. you've done it." always seems to happen when guys are cutting onions around me.

What I wouldn't give to have Bob Cole call the same call with Iggy raising the Cup next year with the Flames!
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
squirtle
Crash and Bang Winger
 
squirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Congrats Lanny!!

Best known for his giant, walrus-style moustache, McDonald also became an iconic figure in the NHL. He capped a 47-goal season in 1978 with the Game 7 overtime winner to help the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the New York Islanders and advance to the semifinals. Ranking 13th all time in franchise history in points, he was traded to Colorado two seasons later and went on to score 500 goals and 1,006 points in a Hall of Fame career that ended in a Stanley Cup title with Calgary in 1989.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/canada-spor...ment-1.4075315
Weird they would use his 47 goal season when he scored 66 in 80 GP as a flame in 1982-1983.
squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016