Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #1221
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reposting this from the Voyageur Cup 2nd leg with Forge.

Curious what Wheeldon's strategy to negate Cisse's distribution, will be? a proper 1:1 man marker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
He was also facing a stronger, holding mid in Forge's Cisse. Adekugbe/Wheeldon need to come up with a better strategy when facing a better possession mid. Especially, a quick first pass to safety.

There were times with Adekugbe under pressure, and the defenders weren't in safe (square) positions for him to out the ball to.

In part to the subpar performance from Adekugbe, - our ball winner, Boescher was my PoM. He was everywhere, and looked to have been swapped early (75' if I recall), due to exhaustion.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #1222
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Quick question guys.. sorry if this has been answered in this thread but I am at work and don't have a ton of time to go through it.

Going to the match tomorrow with the old man for a late father's day. First game for me and will be driving there.

What time is recommended for us to get there to get a parking spot and not deal with too much of a #### show? Also, I have not purchased a parking pass.

Thanks!
Parking has been no problem since the first game, but this could be the biggest crowd yet tomorrow. I'd recommend an hour early to check out the ground, but 30 mins would probably be ok. Bring cash, there are separate lines for cash and card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #1223
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, I see the everly competent and efficient CSA, will miss any application of penalties to Forge's Assistant Coach, in time for the game tomorrow.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-...ments--p162218

Week and a half with no news. What a bunch of useless muppets.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #1224
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Reposting this from the Voyageur Cup 2nd leg with Forge.

Curious what Wheeldon's strategy to negate Cisse's distribution, will be? a proper 1:1 man marker?
I think for the most part we've played two CBs in cup games, and 3 in the league. I'm guessing we go with 3 for this game and provide some extra outlets by having Waterman and Zator naturally a bit wider to start. Will be interesting to see the adjustment
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #1225
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I think for the most part we've played two CBs in cup games, and 3 in the league. I'm guessing we go with 3 for this game and provide some extra outlets by having Waterman and Zator naturally a bit wider to start. Will be interesting to see the adjustment
5 across in the back makes for such conservative football, which doesn't seem to be Tommy's wheelhouse.

ATTACK-ATTACK-ATTACK
Old 06-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #1226
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
5 across in the back makes for such conservative football, which doesn't seem to be Tommy's wheelhouse.

ATTACK-ATTACK-ATTACK
We've done it all season in league games.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #1227
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Quick question guys.. sorry if this has been answered in this thread but I am at work and don't have a ton of time to go through it.

Going to the match tomorrow with the old man for a late father's day. First game for me and will be driving there.

What time is recommended for us to get there to get a parking spot and not deal with too much of a #### show? Also, I have not purchased a parking pass.

Thanks!
We left downtown at 6:45 for the 7:30 game last week and we got to our seats with the game about 2 minutes into the first half. The beer line was big though, a good 10-15 minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #1228
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We've done it all season in league games.
Right, 343 vs 523. If he's going to bung up the middle, I await to see how far Northover/Mavilla actually advance -- migrates to a flat back four, as Trafford (etc) pushes up on Cisse.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #1229
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Parking has been no problem since the first game, but this could be the biggest crowd yet tomorrow. I'd recommend an hour early to check out the ground, but 30 mins would probably be ok. Bring cash, there are separate lines for cash and card.
Especially true since I found the ATMs were invisible. Also, they have beer guys walking through the stands who only take cash, if you are into skipping the beer line that is.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #1230
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks guys much appreciated! Will make sure to bring cash!
The Following User Says Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #1231
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Championship Format Announced

https://canpl.ca/article/canadian-pr...ionship-format

Quote:
The 2019 CPL Championship will be a two-legged, home-and-away aggregate score format with away goals rule in effect. The winner of the Spring Season will play the winner of the Fall Season* over two weekends: October 26 – 27, 2019 and November 2 – 3, 2019. The winner of the Fall Season will choose whether to host the first or second leg of the Championship.

At the completion of the competition, the winner will be awarded the first Canadian Premier League Championship trophy to be unveiled in the near future.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #1232
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Late October/early November seems to be terrible timing. I know they need a certain amount of time to get the two seasons in, but late October basically anywhere the league plays has the potential to be very cold and snowy.

(I'll still be there, and switch from beer to a Hot Toddy or something!)
Old 06-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #1233
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and the fact that the second place team gets the fall berth is lame. That means they also decide whether to play the first or second leg at home....which for obvious reasons should be an advantage for the team that won both seasons to begin with.

Regardless, I just hope the Cavs walk through the fall season and put Hamilton to the sword in the Championship.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #1234
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a bunch of greasy ####s. Just keep giving the league baby's every advantage possible.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #1235
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Quote:
The 2019 CPL Championship will be a two-legged, home-and-away aggregate score format with away goals rule in effect. The winner of the Spring Season will play the winner of the Fall Season* over two weekends: October 26 – 27, 2019 and November 2 – 3, 2019. The winner of the Fall Season will choose whether to host the first or second leg of the Championship.

At the completion of the competition, the winner will be awarded the first Canadian Premier League Championship trophy to be unveiled in the near future.
Cavalry vs Cavalry.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #1236
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

So not a single incentive in the fall season for spring season champs? How could they not at least give the decision to host first or second to the overall points winner?
Old 06-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #1237
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So not a single incentive in the fall season for spring season champs? How could they not at least give the decision to host first or second to the overall points winner?
Because Forge.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #1238
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

It makes sense to give the team that wins the 18 game half season an advantage over the team that wins the 10 game half. But yeah, if Forge was running away with the spring season, that rule would be completely reversed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #1239
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

And as far as tomorrow's game goes, several central rows that were marked as sold this morning are back available now. *sigh*. If anyone wants to go on the cheap though, a block of 5 seats in 401 ($31 including fees) also came available.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:07 PM   #1240
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also, I see the everly competent and efficient CSA, will miss any application of penalties to Forge's Assistant Coach, in time for the game tomorrow.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-...ments--p162218

Week and a half with no news. What a bunch of useless muppets.
It's been over 2 weeks since the incident. But yes, CSA hoping the issue will blow over somehow,just as they avoided the whole Fury situation. Spineless organization, looking out for the various club directors and power brokers in Ontario who prop up that corrupt and dishonest organization.

My guess is that the justification is that they will suspend a Cavalry player as well as a Forge player and a coach, thus using the reasoning of timing to not want to leave the Calvary short, when it's clear the real reason is they don't want a racism story coming out about the darling team, but really is just a very convenient cover for doing the same for the Forge.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge