Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2024, 10:00 PM   #6081
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Love on the Spectrum restores my faith in humanity. What a lovely show, such a refreshing change from the normal doom, gloom and violence. Season 2 of the US version just came out, highly encourage folks to watch if you want a feel good show that shows true character in people. Wonderful series.

James is awesome!!!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2024, 10:08 AM   #6082
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just ripped through Loudermilk, really enjoyed that. It's not perfect and unfortunately only three seasons so it leaves some things unresolved but it's still worth the time.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 04:18 PM   #6083
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Awesome, I look forward to watching it as my grandpa flew one during the war.

Dug out his obituary: "He piloted Halifax and Lancaster heavy bombers on twenty-two missions over enemy held Europe, never losing a crew member
That’s very cool. One of my Dad’s best friends piloted a Lancaster, he was the first pilot to drop food over Holland in Operation Manna. The aircraft was nicknamed Bad Penny. The pilot was Robert Upcott from Windsor.

Last edited by bigtmac19; 01-22-2024 at 07:49 PM.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:00 AM   #6084
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I dunno, the bending doesn't look that good and the actors didn't seem that good either, but I'll give it a shot.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:11 AM   #6085
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I dunno, the bending doesn't look that good and the actors didn't seem that good either, but I'll give it a shot.

The show will only be as good as zuko and iro
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2024, 10:24 AM   #6086
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

I'm not huge on this kind of stuff, but my youngest daughter insisted I watch the show with her and...gotta say, for a 'kid's show' I was pretty impressed. It was kind of heavy.

As for the casting...you cannot go wrong with Mr. Kim as Uncle Iroh. Thats a 11/10.

But realistically...the Hero of this is Appa. Flying Beast? He's the best!

I just hope they dont try and solve the entire problem in 1 movie. You cram that much stuff into a single film and theres no way you're going to satisfy the fans.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2024, 01:52 PM   #6087
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm not huge on this kind of stuff, but my youngest daughter insisted I watch the show with her and...gotta say, for a 'kid's show' I was pretty impressed. It was kind of heavy.

Uh-huh. Sure.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:53 PM   #6088
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 6 Nations Documentary drops tomorrow.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2024, 02:00 PM   #6089
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Uh-huh. Sure.
Look here you!

Seriously though, for her it was like "gotta get home from school because its on!"

So years and years later, its on Netflix and we'd just watch an episode or two every night. I'd never really even heard of it.

But Holy Crap...thats a 'kid's show?' I mean, there are some good themes in it but thats pretty heavy!

I think the original cartoon is absolutely excellent. If they genetically engineered an 'Appa' I'd be first in line to get one. He is, without question, the star of the show.

If they wanted to make a spin-off of just Uncle Iroh riding around on Appa going on adventures you could sign me up.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:42 PM   #6090
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Has anyone watched The Trust? better than I expected.

The show has Ron Swanson on it. Not in the sense that Nick Offerman is on the show but in the sense that they found the most realistically plausible example of a Ron Swanson type character that could possibly exist in reality and probably cut it in such a way to exaggerate his Ron Swansoness.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:59 PM   #6091
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post

The show has Ron Swanson on it. Not in the sense that Nick Offerman is on the show but in the sense that they found the most realistically plausible example of a Ron Swanson type character that could possibly exist in reality and probably cut it in such a way to exaggerate his Ron Swansoness.

I’ve been watching it. Brian is awesome.

The vault is any interesting play and I was kind of wondering if the trick of the vault would be all the exiting people would get payouts unknown to the rest and there’d be nothing left for the finalists. That would be hilarious if the people making it to the end for the whole balance actually get nothing. We’ll see how the final episode(s) go.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:39 PM   #6092
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
I’ve been watching it. Brian is awesome.

The vault is any interesting play and I was kind of wondering if the trick of the vault would be all the exiting people would get payouts unknown to the rest and there’d be nothing left for the finalists. That would be hilarious if the people making it to the end for the whole balance actually get nothing. We’ll see how the final episode(s) go.
It peaks in the second last episode,

but the ending goes pretty quick, it's not like big brother where you have to watch two full episodes of flash backs, or the dance/singing shows where they get fewer and fewer performances and need to fill air time with the contestants sob stories. So that's good.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:32 AM   #6093
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
The 6 Nations Documentary drops tomorrow.
Watched Episodes 1-4 last night.

It was good, a bit light on details.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:03 PM   #6094
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Love on the Spectrum restores my faith in humanity. What a lovely show, such a refreshing change from the normal doom, gloom and violence. Season 2 of the US version just came out, highly encourage folks to watch if you want a feel good show that shows true character in people. Wonderful series.

James is awesome!!!
I don't know, and I am very cynical, the more I watch this season, I'm wondering if the producers are doing a parallel of 'Paradise Island etc.' and wondering if we notice. Saying 'you guys look down your nose at Paradise Island but you are ok with this? Well its the same thing and you are too stupid to see it.'

They totally use the same hooks and manipulation. They are here to make money by manipulating our self-belief of being righteous.

Come on, there has to be a gay one, boom, 20 minutes later we got it!

Ya, well lets see if there's a slutty one, they don't have the balls to do that. Boom there she is.

I am constantly doing this.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:27 PM   #6095
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post

James is awesome!!!
I saw this on netflix the other day and thought "WTF is watching this crap"

Now i know.
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:15 AM   #6096
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post

We watched it; got sucked in and binge watched most of it.
Spoiler!
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:25 AM   #6097
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Netflix is putting the final stake in its cheapest, ad-free “basic” plan in Canada.

After announcing last year that it would no longer offer the $9.99 plan to new or returning subscribers, the streaming giant is phasing out the price level entirely for users who were grandfathered into the plan.

“Basic” subscribers will now need to choose whether to downgrade to a $5.99 plan that includes commercial interruptions — and most of the Netflix catalogue — or pay more for the no-ads plans that start at $16.49 per month.

Netflix told investors in its quarterly financial report on Tuesday that it will eliminate the basic plan first in Canada and the United Kingdom between April and the end of June.
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/01/...rs-price-hike/
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:31 AM   #6098
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have the plan with the ads, and it's been less intrusive than I thought it would be.

The only thing I don't like about it is that they seemed to have taken away the PIP feature when viewing on your phone or tablet...so no longer can you have a show on while doing something else. That's kind of annoying, but probably done so you watch the ads. I'm trying to see if there's a workaround but haven't found one yet.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:33 AM   #6099
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay so Blue Eye Samurai is actually like, incredible TV.

Can't believe how many radars this is flying under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 11:55 AM   #6100
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
'kid's show'
Any show that has someone suffocating after all the oxygen is pulled from their lungs and then used to create a bubble around their head so they cannot breath ceases to have the label "kids show"

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote