Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #81
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKlit View Post
Maybe you should focus on enjoying the game rather than who should I hate today?
Oh, I do enjoy each and every game, have no fear.

I also have no problem giving credit where and when it is due, my dislike of certain players is not irrational and one sided.

If Brouwer has a good game, I will give him credit for such. Same with Bartkowski. Nothing would make me happier than to see Brouwer earn that $4.5MM, or for Bartkowski to be a steady hand on the bottom pairing.

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to heap praise on them to present itself.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #82
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Oh, I do enjoy each and every game, have no fear.

I also have no problem giving credit where and when it is due, my dislike of certain players is not irrational and one sided.

If Brouwer has a good game, I will give him credit for such. Same with Bartkowski. Nothing would make me happier than to see Brouwer earn that $4.5MM, or for Bartkowski to be a steady hand on the bottom pairing.

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to heap praise on them to present itself.
Brouwer has had lots of good games this year. Maybe try watching without ####-stained glasses on.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #83
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Brouwer has had lots of good games this year. Maybe try watching without ####-stained glasses on.
The issue with Brouwer is you have to forget his contract. Once you do that you can appreciate his play on the 4th line. As it is right now that contract isn't killing the Flames cap situation, so I try not to get to fussed about it. The year after next it will be amnissie, and I'm guessing he gets bought out.
Infinit47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Infinit47 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #84
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

COLUMBUS - Glen Gulutzan has confirmed he will run with the same lineup he used on Monday when his club faces off against the Columbus Blue Jackets:

FORWARDS

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland

Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik

Sam Bennett - Mark Jankowski - Jaromir Jagr

Kris Versteeg - Freddie Hamilton - Troy Brouwer

DEFENCE

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton

TJ Brodie - Travis Hamonic

Brett Kulak - Michael Stone

GOALTENDER

Mike Smith
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #85
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

I'd prefer Lazar over the brother but other than that ... just relieved
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #86
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last edited by IrishSpring2013; 03-28-2020 at 11:30 AM.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #87
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I'd prefer Lazar over the brother but other than that ... just relieved
Honest question but why? What has Lazar done to be in over anyone?

Not to say Hamilton has either because I think he's not an nhler but at least he's better defensively.

Lazar's time in Calgary is likely coming to an end. Never seen someone work so hard and accomplish so little. He skates hard for zero purpose.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #88
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinit47 View Post
The issue with Brouwer is you have to forget his contract. Once you do that you can appreciate his play on the 4th line. As it is right now that contract isn't killing the Flames cap situation, so I try not to get to fussed about it. The year after next it will be amnissie, and I'm guessing he gets bought out.
The poster I was replying to said "If Brouwer has a good game, I will give him credit for such. Nothing would make me happier than to see Brouwer earn that $4.5MM." Sure he's over paid, nothing we can do about that, it's crying over spilled milk. He's had more good games than bad by a fair margin.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #89
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last edited by IrishSpring2013; 03-28-2020 at 11:30 AM.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IrishSpring2013 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #90
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Buying out a guy with the nickname of Shankapotamus should be illegal.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 11-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #91
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Amnesty?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #92
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSpring2013 View Post
tj.. galliardi.. circle..circle.. circle..
Lol this also describes Blake Comeau's time as a Flame
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #93
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Lol this also describes Blake Comeau's time as a Flame
I would also like to submit Olli Jokinen, the original behind the net swooper, for consideration.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #94
FeyWest
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well done guys overreact and kulak is still in tonight....
"As far as I'm concerned I take it one day at a time because if you look too far down the road that's when you get yourself in trouble. You've gotta enjoy the process and not be burdened by the outcome." - Jon Gillies
FeyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #95
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyWest View Post
Yea sorry guys..

I noticed the tweet and, although I know it's somewhat irrational, got mad about it cause in all honesty he is the one player on the 23 man roster I have lost all patience for.

I've been to games live and said to my buddy "hey Bart's actually playing well tonight" and before the night is through he's made a couple mistakes that cost us at least 1 goal.

I can see positives in Brouwer, Lazar, F. Hamilton and all the fringe players but I just can't, for the life of me, do so for Bart anymore.

I didn't mean to get everyone worked up with the tread haaha just to inform on what a (somewhat?) reliable source reported.

GFG!
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #96
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
So you are arguing that Kulak has been better than Stone? I don't think so. Stone has been our third best D man all year Imo and should be playing with Brodie.
Stone has been better at getting shots through. In fact with Hamilton/Gio struggling and Brodie possessed by Tanguay, maybe he's been our best D in that regard. Kulak has been better in the D-zone and neutral zone while still having moments in the O-zone.

They're a good pair, and neither deserves to sit. But I do think that overall I have had more positive to say about Kulak than Stone on a game-to-game basis.

Maybe Stone should be playing with Brodie, but ideally Hamonic finds his game.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #97
FeyWest
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
Yea sorry guys..

I noticed the tweet and, although I know it's somewhat irrational, got mad about it cause in all honesty he is the one player on the 23 man roster I have lost all patience for.

I've been to games live and said to my buddy "hey Bart's actually playing well tonight" and before the night is through he's made a couple mistakes that cost us at least 1 goal.

I can see positives in Brouwer, Lazar, F. Hamilton and all the fringe players but I just can't, for the life of me, do so for Bart anymore.

I didn't mean to get everyone worked up with the tread haaha just to inform on what a (somewhat?) reliable source reported.

GFG!
Don't change what you're doing! You were just posting info that we didn't have and for sure a reliable source.

I don't want to see Kulak sat for Anyone unless he's dogging it, but if he was being sat there must have been a reason. I just think there are some that pull the pitchforks and torches out at the drop of a hat.

You're good lets beat the Jackets, GFG!
"As far as I'm concerned I take it one day at a time because if you look too far down the road that's when you get yourself in trouble. You've gotta enjoy the process and not be burdened by the outcome." - Jon Gillies
FeyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FeyWest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #98
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyWest View Post
We did it, CP!
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote