Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #1741
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Lots of empty spots in my Pokedex now:

Old 12-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #1742
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Up to 130, got my Alakazam.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #1743
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think I've gone as far as I can with the game. My goal was to complete the pokedex. I'm at 142, with only Tangela left from generation one. That one and the generation two babies are all only available by hatching eggs and the odds are so poor that I'd have to either spend a bunch of money to get more incubators going or walk probably another thousand kilometers (or more). Maybe it's a good thing - I can't believe how addicted I got to this game which is barely even a game.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:03 PM   #1744
CASe333
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Pokedex at 145 but still no Chansey.

Hatched 2 Pichu and a Cleffa so far. Hoping there is still going to be some more new stuff for Christmas. I don't know how anyone is still playing this in most of Canada. Even here where we had our first snowfall in 3 years many have quit with the sub zero weather resulting in gym stagnation suddenly being a widespread problem. Will be interesting to see if they can keep enough people interested. The good news is its easy to hold 10 gyms these days
CASe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASe333 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2016, 11:34 PM   #1745
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASe333 View Post
Pokedex at 145 but still no Chansey.

Hatched 2 Pichu and a Cleffa so far. Hoping there is still going to be some more new stuff for Christmas. I don't know how anyone is still playing this in most of Canada. Even here where we had our first snowfall in 3 years many have quit with the sub zero weather resulting in gym stagnation suddenly being a widespread problem. Will be interesting to see if they can keep enough people interested. The good news is its easy to hold 10 gyms these days
I haven't held a gym for two "collections" for a long time. I'm In 7 right now, but I collected on 1 this morning, so I have to wait until morning to see if I still have any. Would I be particularly surprised if I have zero in 9 hours? Not really.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #1746
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Update:
Level 27 - 191k out of 250k

Pokedex 130, seen 143 (all original except omastar and Kabutops, have seen Mr mime and Elekid.)

MISSING:
Venusaur - need 61 candies
Charizard - need 96 candies + 25 if I also want to have a charmelon in storage.
Blastoise - need 29 candies
Poliwrath - need 23 candies
Machamp - need 21 candies
Slowbro - need 17 candies
Muk - need 29 candies
Tangela
Gyarados - need 273 candies
Omastar - need 20 candies
Kabutops - need 40 candies
Dragonair - need 22 candies (plus another dratini to also have one)
Dragonite - need however many candies to evolve Dragonair into Dragonite + 25 to keep a Dragonair in storage + need another Dratini to keep one in storage)

Making progress on most of those. Thought I wasn't getting anywhere on Kubutops, but caught two Kabuto today, tripling my lifetime total. Caught an Omanyte and a bulbasaur today too, and a couple poliwags. Caught a couple slowpokes yesterday, after being stale on that one for a while. Have been catching a Machop here are there too.

I have thrown balls at a Poliwrath, Muk, and Dragonite, but had all three run away.

No luck on hatching a new baby Pokemon yet.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:27 AM   #1747
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hatched a Togepi the other day, no other new ones. But I am boycotting buying incubators. Looking for half price boxing day sales. Have built up just over 4500 poke coins through not spending for a while, and won't spend a dime till they have a sale, or maybe release some Pokémon I can catch in the wild.
So right now just a couple spins/throws a day (unless exacting revenge on blue or yellow peasants who go out of their way to mess with #### that's locked down).
EldrickOnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #1748
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
I haven't held a gym for two "collections" for a long time. I'm In 7 right now, but I collected on 1 this morning, so I have to wait until morning to see if I still have any. Would I be particularly surprised if I have zero in 9 hours? Not really.
Kept 5 of those 7 until this morning when I collected. Took another gym this morning to collect for 6 total - which is definately a record for me.

Less than an hour later, and I only have 2 of the 7 I took last night.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #1749
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Kept 5 of those 7 until this morning when I collected. Took another gym this morning to collect for 6 total - which is definately a record for me.

Less than an hour later, and I only have 2 of the 7 I took last night.
Gym strategy is my thing. Not suggesting I'm good at it - just spend quite a bit of time thinking it.

To raise prestige, I have amassed an army of Vaporeons and Parasects/Tangella, at 900-1200CP. Parasect/Tangella for water Pokémon, Vapes against any other. Can usually bring down a defender without using a revive, and only using a few trash potions.
We play with 3 though, so it's a lot easier to start from scratch in new gym:
Take over gym.
Throw in a big Arcanine or Flareon.
Raise prestige from 2000 to 10,000 with Vape army. So that's 8 wins, assuming all 6 Pokémon you fight with are half CP or less compared to defender.
Put in other 2 Pokémon, leaving 4 more free entry spots.
It is likely these spots will fill, leaving a lot more easier targets than the new level 7 gym you now have. Maybe.

Lots of players sniping gym spots here now. They have a second account of another color, use it to take out one Pokémon of level 10 gym, and then throw their own guy back in. It's cheap as hell, imo, but works. I was in, and now out of, a few gyms where low Pokémon is over now 2800CP, where it was maybe 2200 when first made level 10. Doesn't matter much though I guess, I try to stay in 12-15 pretty stable gyms so that I always collect on 10, and so moving on just helps paint the town red, which is good.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #1750
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pokémon Go now available for Apple watch.
Do I understand this correctly? Steps counted by Apple watch will be credited for hatching eggs and buddy candy, so this means indoor walking/running would count? If so, a big bonus to Apple users

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/apple-watch/

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 12-22-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #1751
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Gym strategy is my thing. Not suggesting I'm good at it - just spend quite a bit of time thinking it.

To raise prestige, I have amassed an army of Vaporeons and Parasects/Tangella, at 900-1200CP. Parasect/Tangella for water Pokémon, Vapes against any other. Can usually bring down a defender without using a revive, and only using a few trash potions.
We play with 3 though, so it's a lot easier to start from scratch in new gym:
Take over gym.
Throw in a big Arcanine or Flareon.
Raise prestige from 2000 to 10,000 with Vape army. So that's 8 wins, assuming all 6 Pokémon you fight with are half CP or less compared to defender.
Put in other 2 Pokémon, leaving 4 more free entry spots.
It is likely these spots will fill, leaving a lot more easier targets than the new level 7 gym you now have. Maybe.

Lots of players sniping gym spots here now. They have a second account of another color, use it to take out one Pokémon of level 10 gym, and then throw their own guy back in. It's cheap as hell, imo, but works. I was in, and now out of, a few gyms where low Pokémon is over now 2800CP, where it was maybe 2200 when first made level 10. Doesn't matter much though I guess, I try to stay in 12-15 pretty stable gyms so that I always collect on 10, and so moving on just helps paint the town red, which is good.
I've never heard officially of the sniping, but it has occurred to me that it would happen.

All 7 gyms I was in last night were all easy entries, with a spot open. I was 2nd or 3rd in in all of them. Even times when I've put in and been the highest CP of 8, I've been kicked out by the next morning.

I don't have time to be too serious about gyms, though. Just try to leave Pokemon in open spots, and knock out low level gyms just to collect something.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:55 PM   #1752
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Added to my "seen" this evening:

Kangaskhan
Kabutops

Up to 145 seen, just missing Farfech'd and Omastar.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #1753
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Finally started taking advantage of the one Pokestop nearby that appears to be a Charmander nest. Went from 4 Charmander candies yesterday morning to 31 now.

If anyone needs Charmanders, you can find them at Ecole La Mosaique in Martindale.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #1754
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know anything about this Christmas event? Improved new Poké hatching is simple enough. What about these free incubators?
Old 12-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #1755
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Anyone know anything about this Christmas event? Improved new Poké hatching is simple enough. What about these free incubators?
It sounds like they have increased the likelihood of getting the new baby Pokemon in the eggs, plus you will get a single use incubator with your first pokestop of the day. That's for about 10 days starting tonight.

Then a few days later, the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle families will be more common to catch for about 10 days.

From the website:
Quote:
As the year draws to a close, we want to give you a great way to celebrate the end of the year with Pokémon GO. For the next couple of weeks, you’ll have even more reason to explore the world with your friends and family while you enjoy our year-end event.

Don’t miss out on an increased chance to hatch a Togepi (and other Pokémon)! Starting the morning of December 25, 2016, and through the afternoon of January 3, 2017 (PST), PokéStops will award one single-use Incubator each day after your first Photo Disc spin. As you visit PokéStops during this time period, there will be a greater chance of finding Eggs that hatch Togepi, Pichu, and several other recently found Pokémon, originally discovered in the Johto region. Special Pikachu wearing festive hats will also be staying around a bit longer! You are more likely to find these limited-edition Pikachu during the time period of this celebration.

In addition, from the afternoon of December 30, 2016, through the afternoon of January 8, 2017 (PST), the first partner Pokémon and their Evolutions, originally discovered in the Kanto region, are more likely to be encountered. This means a greater chance to catch Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, as well as Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, plus Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise! As a way to increase your chance to encounter one of these Pokémon, Lure Modules will also last for 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 12-24-2016 at 02:06 PM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to You Need a Thneed For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #1756
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

This Christmas event isn't that great....

I need instant gratification!!!
alan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #1757
CASe333
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
This Christmas event isn't that great....

I need instant gratification!!!
Doesn't get much better than a daily free incubator. That's basically the same as getting 50 free coins for free each day.

Christmas came early for me. Finally hatched a Chansey right after the Flames dominating win over the Canucks last Friday so gen 1 regional pokedex is complete! Was quite the celebration that night haha.

Still want to upgrade rare ones as this is what I have caught so far:

Dragonite CP 46
Snorlax 431
Lapras 878 (caught 3)
CASe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASe333 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #1758
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just hatched an Igglybuff. I still have a lot of work to do on my 'Dex though. I'm at 120 of the Kanto Pokemon.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:28 PM   #1759
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally evolved Kabutops today.

Just missing Venusaur and Omastar now.

141 caught.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #1760
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Pokémon Go now available for Apple watch.
Do I understand this correctly? Steps counted by Apple watch will be credited for hatching eggs and buddy candy, so this means indoor walking/running would count? If so, a big bonus to Apple users

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/apple-watch/
My question is if you can let the watch track your workouts and then apply them to the game why the heck can't you do that with the iPhone itself?
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: