Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2024, 07:16 AM   #141
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

This week’s episode of Survivor 46 morphed into a Doublemint gum ad as we doubled our pleasure and doubled our fun with not one, but two blindsides.

This week’s immunity challenge — which split the tribe into two teams to balance on a triangular platform out in the water, with two immunities at stake and one person later being voted out by each team — was another example of how unpredictable challenges in the ocean can be. Am I mistaken, or did they not even show the players on the lower perch and just picked up the “action” on the upper perch before they went to the top platform? In the end, Kenzie — KENZIE! — won immunity for the yellow team, and Maria lasted the longest out of everyone, ensuring not only her safety, but also that her group would go to Tribal Council second and the person voted out would make the jury, while the player booted from yellow would not.

In a way, Q’s willingness to bust apart the +1 alliance was even more rash than Tim gunning for Hunter. And Tim looked legitimately shocked once Probst starting repeatedly reading his name on parchment. You could see the emotion when Tim froze while walking after having his torch snuffed — wiping his face before continuing. “I was a leader, not a loser,” he proclaimed in his final words, to which I would ask: Can’t one be both?
Losing Venus would have been a TV viewing tragedy of epic proportions — kind of like having a tribe immunity idol given to you and then immediately ripped out of your hands and given to someone else instead. But losing Soda is a bummer as well.

Tim and Soda are voted out, now we need to find out if anyone actually cares?
Is Q next?

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy -Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica
12. transplant99 - Charlie / Tiffany
13. surferguy - Soda / Soda
14. Barnes - Tevin / Charlie
15. savardandjokinen - Ben / Tim
16. jroc - Maria / Kenzie
17. Sultan -David / Hunter
18. droopydrew19 - Bhanu / Venus

GreenLantern and savardandjokinen take the Tim hit and surferguy paddles out to the big wave and is washed to sea with Soda, I guess she was a Fantasea!

Last edited by Cheese; 04-20-2024 at 07:45 AM.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 07:21 AM   #142
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surferguy got burned by his love for Kim Mitchel. "Might as well go for Soda;" he sang out in delight. Kim lied. Somebody hurts. Somebody cries.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:33 PM   #143
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

####

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 08:31 AM   #144
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make no mistake, Q Burdette tried to quit Survivor on this week’s episode. He tried to couch it in some nonsensical terms about doing it so others could go back to camp and start over, much like Sean Edwards did last season, but the reality is, he was trying to quit.

I would call it shocking, but the signs were all there. Jelinksy said in his EW exit interview that Q actually first broached the subject of quitting the Sweat task on day 1.

I was much more shocked by the tribe deciding to keep Q than Q trying to bail on the game. I do understand the two-for-one aspect of not voting Q out. You get rid of someone else and then let Q potentially leave whenever and that puts you two spots closer to the million dollars rather than one.

We knew there would be gold back at camp once Venus and Tevin duked it out over credit for the Soda blindside, and they did not disappoint. A triumphant Venus proclaimed to the tribe, “I can see through bulls---.

Is it still “debatable” that Hunter is Survivor 46’s biggest challenge beast? He came up big again on a classic Survivor contest — holding onto a pole for as long as possible — and won a battle against Charlie to take home the immunity necklace. And then, he put a little mustard on his victory by hanging upside down after everyone else had dropped.

Lord, how I wish there were still cameras at Ponderosa to capture Tevin’s reunion with Soda. I wondered when the season began if the island would be big enough for both of them (and Soda said it wasn’t) but in the end, it wasn’t big enough for even one of them.
https://ew.com/survivor-46-episode-8...o-quit-8634747

The tribe votes out Tevin and we still dont know whether anyone cares!

4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David

GreenLantern takes his final hit and can happily go back to his yard work and Barnes is one step away from happily going out to clean his pool and get ready for summer.

Last edited by Cheese; 04-20-2024 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:49 AM   #145
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Q is one of the stranger surviror contestants. He flip flops from being a competitive non-stop strategist to simply quitting.

He is very much a pick up his ball and go home type of guy when things don't go completely his way.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 08:06 PM   #146
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor needs to fix their casting. Multiple quitters every year . Just horrible .

So very very horrible
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2024, 10:24 PM   #147
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Q came unhinged at tribal, and it's not the first time he's done/said something strange. I wonder if he's usually on some kind of medication. I didn't understand what even happened last night, it made zero sense in any aspect.

Terrible casting. There is only a few likeable players this year. I hope Tiffany wins. Don't really care for the rest of the cast.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:41 PM   #148
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Dang I really liked Tevin. He was a legit threat to win though so it is a good vote.

I've really enjoyed this season, finally got all caught up. Lots of good players.

Q can be so sharp, but then so off at the same time lol.

I think Maria is a pretty good bet to win this right now, flying under the radar but able to be a part of a lot of moves.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:20 AM   #149
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am amazed there is a single person in the world who enjoys this season

Terrible cast , quiters , long boring episodes , and almost nothing exciting has happened

Even cast members have been reduced to eye rolling and looking annoyed

This show has completely lost its way and need to figure it out soon . Maybe it’s having watched the Australian episodes that have made me realize how horribly boring , poorly cast , and incompetent the American version has become

I hope Hunter wins every challenge from here out and mocks the cast at the final tribal
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:11 AM   #150
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

For an athletic team player...Q sure seems unable to do anything athletic or be part of a team. This is what..the third time he's tried to quit now?

At least it looked like it might have thrown a stick of dynamite into the rest of them, from the next ep's preview. Doubt it much though, as this is quite a snoozer.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 10:45 PM   #151
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Decent episode. I liked the Immunity challenge.

As much as I'd rather have had Hunter stay in the game, he was the right choice if anyone else wanted to win it. I have the feeling that if Hunter got to the Final Vote, he'd take it. But Q...no one is going to vote for Q. He's a mess, and the perfect goat.

Smart play on Tiff's part. Go on about using the idol, wait for Q to blow everything up, don't play idol. I'm kind of hoping that this comes down to a showdown between Tiff and Kenzie, with Q goat'ing along.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 07:46 AM   #152
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I’m going to blast Hunter for anything, it would be for telling everyone about his idol before Tribal. He didn’t need the idol to try and move votes onto Ben. He could have still done that and then played his idol in case the move — which was a longshot anyway if you are counting on your mortal enemy Venus as one of the five votes you need — did not work. Also, half the power of an idol is the spectacle of the idol. Playing an idol nobody knows about is far more powerful in the impact it makes as opposed to an idol everyone already knows you have. And impact is important when there are current and future jury members present. Something for future players to consider.

But, of course, Hunter did not play his idol and was sent home on a revote after he and Q tied on the first round.

4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David

With Hunters vote both mikephoen and Sultan are kicked off the island! Now go rake your lawns!
Old 04-25-2024, 08:11 AM   #153
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, I may survive with Q for awhile yet. Guy is a mess.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2024, 11:34 AM   #154
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

https://apple.news/AfimlKZswQMOvcurYm6CV8w

First contestant ever voted out from the show, Sonja, has passed away at 87 years old
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote