Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #181
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm disappointed we didn't get to hear James Earl Jones say "Snips".
Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #182
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One thing that I thought was incredible and I had to go back and watch it, but when we had Vader's mask sliced open and we saw Anakin, we also had a mixing of the voice of James Earl Jones and Matt Latner who voiced Anakin in TCW's. I thought that was an amazing piece of detail.

I did reflect a bit more on that scene where we think we see Ahsoka walking into the temple, and I'm convinced that it wasn't the Sith Temple at all, did it represent her walking into the Force.

Its going to be a long time to next season.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #183
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Good post episode interview with Filoni

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/3...ch-more?page=1

Old 03-30-2016, 10:39 PM   #184
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Good post episode interview with Filoni

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/3...ch-more?page=1
From the interview...
Quote:
But yeah, there’s this ancient Sith Lord that Nika was playing, and I’m still going over the dos and don’ts of the continuity of all that. But I wrote the history down, I just put it out there in case people want to pick it up later when they’re working on things, and give some continuity. I won’t reveal the name – I have named the character, but I have to make sure everybody’s cool with it.
I wonder if that's the hint at Revan people were talking about?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #185
smoothpops
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Spoiler!
smoothpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:37 AM   #186
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah I really do agree with that.

I would be sad to see it, but it really bought her full circle in terms of her leaving the jedi order in Clone Wars.

I really loved the fight, Ahsoka was all that jumping around and whirling and slashing. Vader on the other hand was economical and powerful and just a black hole of evil.

We're now in the time line of three years before Yavin. I have a feeling that next year is going to center around the Empires hunt for the last known Jedi in Kanaan and Ezra, the Rebels are going to continue the hunt that leads them to the Death Star.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:56 AM   #187
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Last edited by dammage79; 03-31-2016 at 02:16 AM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:12 AM   #188
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

So the voice from the Holocron, sure came across like Darth Traya / Kreia from Kotor 2. Which adds up considering it was Malacor. They do like to pick bits and pieces from the old lore to put into the new order of things which I don't mind. Theirs been a few Kotor nods this season.
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #189
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat View Post
So the voice from the Holocron, sure came across like Darth Traya / Kreia from Kotor 2. Which adds up considering it was Malacor. They do like to pick bits and pieces from the old lore to put into the new order of things which I don't mind. Theirs been a few Kotor nods this season.
Yeah, that was my thought too and remember that in KOTOR 2 she died at the Sith Academy at Malacor.

And she's directly linked to Revan.

I kind of wonder what the Superweapon was, in KOTOR Revan and the exile activated a planetary gravity well that crushed and crashed everything in orbit around the planet.

I think Ahsoka is dead, I just look at the bird flying and her walking into the temple that didn't look like the Sith Temple. I don't think that there's anything else that she can really do and I doubt that they would turn her into a Sith.

The only other Force user that I'd like to see from the Clone Wars is Barriss who turned to the darkside at the end of the Clone Wars.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:09 AM   #190
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I wonder how Kanaan being blind will affect the Rebels now, he can't go on missions anymore, or can he develop a force method of sight? Have there ever been any blind Jedi?

Obviously in a fight situation he can rely on it, but just moving around and at high speeds seems impossible.

If he isn't on these missions to help keep Ezra balanced I can see the anger start to consume him and he will lash out and do things to people he wouldn't normally do with Kanaan by his side.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #191
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wonder how Kanaan being blind will affect the Rebels now, he can't go on missions anymore, or can he develop a force method of sight? Have there ever been any blind Jedi?

Obviously in a fight situation he can rely on it, but just moving around and at high speeds seems impossible.

If he isn't on these missions to help keep Ezra balanced I can see the anger start to consume him and he will lash out and do things to people he wouldn't normally do with Kanaan by his side.
There is a race in the EU called the Miraluka, who are born without eyes and are very force sensitive, Visas Marr from KOTOR was one, I believe Darth Traya/Kreia was blind as well (also from KOTOR)
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #192
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

The more I think about it the more I hope that Ahsoka is dead. The Clone Wars was a great show and her part in it was obviously massive, but this isn't Anakin anymore, we saw that last night. I hope that last nights duel was a way to give closure to fans of that show and put it to rest so we can focus on THIS show. There is no chance of Ahsoka saving Anakin, he made that very clear, so lets move on and focus on the Rebels themselves. I liked the show better when it was about establishing that thorn in the Empires side.

Bringing her back as a force ghost is a good idea as it still gives the exposure of a fan favourite character but keeps her out of the spot light of the show.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #193
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
There is a race in the EU called the Miraluka, who are born without eyes and are very force sensitive, Visas Marr from KOTOR was one, I believe Darth Traya/Kreia was blind as well (also from KOTOR)
The Jedi in Force Unleashed had also lost his eyes.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #194
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really think you guys are projecting the death of Ahsoka. She walks off injured holding her right arm and limping. I don't know how she'll figure into the series moving forward but shes not dead. I for one will welcome a 2nd round fight between Vader and Ahsoka.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #195
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
The more I think about it the more I hope that Ahsoka is dead. The Clone Wars was a great show and her part in it was obviously massive, but this isn't Anakin anymore, we saw that last night. I hope that last nights duel was a way to give closure to fans of that show and put it to rest so we can focus on THIS show. There is no chance of Ahsoka saving Anakin, he made that very clear, so lets move on and focus on the Rebels themselves. I liked the show better when it was about establishing that thorn in the Empires side.

Bringing her back as a force ghost is a good idea as it still gives the exposure of a fan favourite character but keeps her out of the spot light of the show.
There was no chance that Ahsoka was going to break through to the good that was still in Vader. At this point, he's still angry and still blames the Jedi and especially Kenobi for the loss of everything.

you even heard it in the siege of Lothal when he was talking to the Emperor and he mentioned the name Kenobi and you could hear the eagerness and cold hatred in his voice.

I thought about it some more when I was driving to a client meeting today, and I did really like this espisode.

I will state again that I hated the helicopter sabres but they addressed that when the last Inquisitor tried to escape and his light sabre failed killing him.

I was sad to see the Sister go, I read some interviews that SMG was crushed because she really liked playing the character. But at the end of the day I go back to the scene in the Death Star Board room when Tarkin assures Vader that he's the last of that ancient religion.

Since Tarkin knows about Kanaan and Ezra its pretty clear that they're not going to be around by the time the Death Star is fully operational. I think it also means that the Inquisitors won't be around as they are really only there to kill Jedi, they are truly disposable, Vader and especially Palpatine won't really want ambitious Force Users hanging around because they are a threat to both. Palpatine will always seek to replace Vader because he believes that Vader isn't strong enough to succeed him. Vader wants an apprentice so he can throw down Palpatine.

I think the other key was that Maul mentioned that only a Sith or one who thinks like a Sith can open the Holocron. Ezra opened it easily, we know that he is obsessed with saving his friends and beating the Empire, so it would be no surprise that a lot of what Maul said last night would resonate. He also has to be feeling really guilty about not only seeing Ahsoka die, but his trusting nature lead to his master being blinded. I figure that one more event where a friend gets hurt will lead to Ezra's long fall into the night.

Looking things up the voice of the female Sith Lord was played by the same actress that played Ventress, I thought that was pretty cool.

Its a long time to October, and this show really found its legs in the last half of the season.

I think that we will see some things next year.

1) Kanaan will move more towards being a teacher and a mentor and a strategist then a warrior.

2) What power did Ezra unlock in that holocron. in the EU legends, Bane found Revans holocron and once he had the knowledge he destroyed it and made his own. It could be Bane's since Bane is Canon thanks to TCW's. Or it could be the female un named Sith Lords. But it will be interesting to see how it relates to Ezra.

3) It sounds like Sabine is going to get a boost up, she's a member of death watch and clan Vizla which again was featured heavily in the last season of TCW. I'm still convinced for now that the Knights of Ren could be a mispell of her last name if Ezra is Snoke.

4) Chopper and Rex and Zeb don't have much story left to tell. I felt really bad for Rex and his loss.

5) We've gotten Hera's back story now, so I think next year is going to focus more on the force users then the crew. I also think the Death Star is going to be a huge part of the story element as well.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:34 PM   #196
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I really think you guys are projecting the death of Ahsoka. She walks off injured holding her right arm and limping. I don't know how she'll figure into the series moving forward but shes not dead. I for one will welcome a 2nd round fight between Vader and Ahsoka.
I would, but honestly I can't see the purpose of her fighting him again.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:45 PM   #197
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched the finale... Wow. Soooooo good.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:08 PM   #198
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would, but honestly I can't see the purpose of her fighting him again.
The fight she does die in later on down the road against Vader could be the one where the death star plans get into the hands of Rogue One is one idea I have off the top of my head.

The more I think about it, the more I think she fades into the backround and moves the chess pieces where needed. She's off the map now, she can work from the Shadows.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #199
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Fair enough.

I almost prefer that no jedi are involved in recovering the plans for the deathstar.

I have this image in my head for next year of the Ghost crew tracking planets with their populations wiped out that have been stripped of their resources. They come across one system that used to have a planet but that planet is shattered.

They jump into a system and see the Death Star. they are fortunate to escape with their lives. and they manage to evade the imperial fleet. They call it in to General Sato and he simply says "we'll take it from here", then turns around and orders a communications officer to put him in touch with the Alliance High Command. That would be a nice tie in.

I did notice one other thing on reflection.

In TCW when she leaves the jedi order after she talks to Anakin she walks into the sunset at the temple and down a set of stairs and disappears.

then last night the shadowy figure walks into the temple door, and it looks like she walks down a flight of stairs and vanishes into darkness.

If I was a symbol guy TCW ending with the sunset is like she's leaving a jedi order in decline and moving onto another part of her life.

Last night she's leaving her life.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #200
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fair enough.

I almost prefer that no jedi are involved in recovering the plans for the deathstar.

I have this image in my head for next year of the Ghost crew tracking planets with their populations wiped out that have been stripped of their resources. They come across one system that used to have a planet but that planet is shattered.

They jump into a system and see the Death Star. they are fortunate to escape with their lives. and they manage to evade the imperial fleet. They call it in to General Sato and he simply says "we'll take it from here", then turns around and orders a communications officer to put him in touch with the Alliance High Command. That would be a nice tie in.

I did notice one other thing on reflection.

In TCW when she leaves the jedi order after she talks to Anakin she walks into the sunset at the temple and down a set of stairs and disappears.

then last night the shadowy figure walks into the temple door, and it looks like she walks down a flight of stairs and vanishes into darkness.

If I was a symbol guy TCW ending with the sunset is like she's leaving a jedi order in decline and moving onto another part of her life.

Last night she's leaving her life.
Well technically she isn't a Jedi. Splitting hairs I suppose.
But I suspect she'll be the one to lead the rebels to the plans indirectly. Working from behind the scenes trying to stall vader at every move.