Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #461
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Just finished season 3, man what a great show. I probably won't watch season 4 just because I feel Brody was the show, but I can't think of another show I enjoyed as much as this one. Judging by the reactions to season 4 finale, probably a safe decision on my part lol.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #462
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Just finished season 3, man what a great show. I probably won't watch season 4 just because I feel Brody was the show, but I can't think of another show I enjoyed as much as this one. Judging by the reactions to season 4 finale, probably a safe decision on my part lol.
Season 4 was still awesome IMO. The ending was a little disappointing, but it's not THAT bad because it wasn't really the ending, there is going to be at least another season to wrap things up.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #463
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the season 4 finale wasn't a terrible episode in and of itself, but as a season finale to a show that really seemed to pick it up and gain momentum after losing one of its central characters it was a huge disappointment.

I don't doubt that season 5 will pick up on pace again, and I don't think we'll see a series finale that poor.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:26 AM   #464
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some info on season 5

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Time will fly between the fourth and fifth season of the Showtime spy drama “Homeland,” the series’ executive producer Alex Gansa said.

“We’re going to take about a two-year forward jump,” Gansa said Friday at the opening night of PaleyFest, the annual TV celebration at the Dolby Theatre.

On the purple carpet, Gansa said the next “Homeland” season will be filmed in Europe, most likely in Berlin. He said the setting would be Germany.

The fourth season of “Homeland” was shot in Cape Town, South Africa, which doubled for Islamabad and Kabul.

Gansa later told the PaleyFest audience that CIA officer Carrie Mathison, played by series star Claire Danes, will no longer be an intelligence officer.

Many of the “Homeland” crew members said the fourth season was critical to the series, given the death of the character of Brody, portrayed by Damian Lewis, on the third season. So the show got a “reboot,” said director Lesli Linka Glatter, referring to the fourth season’s new plot direction and darker-than-ever twists.

Showtime renewed the show for a fifth season in November.

PaleyFest organizers said about 20,000 fans were expected over the course of the 10-day festival.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #465
itcrossedtheline
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Season 5 trailer out

itcrossedtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itcrossedtheline For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #466
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

I'm excited. Last season was pretty much a total reboot and I thought it went great. The finale was a stinker, but only in terms of being a finale.

I have confidence that this fresh start will be just as exciting as the last. Though the one thing that makes me sad about the trailer is that Quinn was not a big part of it. I really liked what they were doing with his character last season. Hope he remains a big part of the show.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #467
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

trailer looked really promising

I liked the part they did show with Quinn basically saying put a name in the locker and consider them gone, much better than mopey Quinn
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #468
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well that got me interested.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #469
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished S2 and while not as good as S1, it's still pretty watchable. But the direction S3 is taking have me wondering if I should spend more time on this show.

The setup of the show is one of limited shelve life like Prison Break. But it seems like the studio is milking this cow a bit long I'm afraid.

Last edited by darklord700; 10-13-2015 at 10:58 AM.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #470
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Just finished S2 and while not as good as S1, it's still pretty watchable. But the direction S3 is taking have me wondering if I should spend more time on this show.

The setup of the show is one of limited shelve life like Prison Break. But it seems like the studio is milking this cow a bit long I'm afraid.
if you have time I would finish it, season 3 isnt the best but the end picks up a bit

season 4 I think is on par if not a bit better than 2
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #471
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah season 4 is awesome. They really got back to what made it good (espionage, suspense, action) and trimmed down the boring, directionless family drama.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #472
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm on S3E3 which Brody first appears. How does Brody end up in Caracas? I thought he was going to Canada at the end of S2.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #473
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, so far, Season 5 is pretty great. Lots of intrigue and some really up to the minute world situations being examined.

Two words. Peter Quinn.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #474
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I've really liked the first two episodes. The Brody analog that Carrie has in her life made me laugh in a sick sort of way.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #475
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought this was kind of funny:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/...tags-1.3272685
Old 11-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #476
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished watching S4 and it is a good but not great guilty pleasure season for me. The action and suspense are there but the entire story feels gratuitous at the end. There's no major story arc after the chapter of Brody is concluded in S3. The show goes from hunting one big bad terrorist to another in a very episodic fashion.

Claire Dane, just like the show, is a good but not great actress. She has the same going bonker and semi nutso moment in almost every episode. I know she isn't a sympathetic character but the show hasn't given me any reason to continue caring about her.

S4 is a good cheap thrill that leaves viewers feeling empty after its conclusion. It actually mires in a lot of illogical plot holes. The biggest one is that Haqqani can plan the final move from day 1 and successfully anticipate Matthison and company's every move since then. And if so why is Tanseen trying to take out Matthison?

And then Lockhart will order all Marines to leave the embassy and subsequently open the safe room door just to save Fara are the dumbest of dumb moves in CIA's history.

Perhaps Homeland is at its best when every season is episodic to see Carrie, Saul and now Peter Quinn hunting one bad terrorist after another while sussing out moles. But I don't think it'll ever surpass the high water mark set by S1 again.

Last edited by darklord700; 11-17-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #477
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anybody else been watching S5?? I am really enjoying this season. Lots of "spy games" and such which imo is fun to watch.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #478
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, it's a pretty good season.

I kind of wish they hadn't of dragged out all the loose ends to the last episode though. It makes me worry there's going to be a cliffhanger, which just absolutely has no place in the modern cable TV show world imo.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #479
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
yeah, it's a pretty good season.

I kind of wish they hadn't of dragged out all the loose ends to the last episode though. It makes me worry there's going to be a cliffhanger, which just absolutely has no place in the modern cable TV show world imo.

I was thinking there was two left but Google tells me I am wrong. That kinda does suck, I can see them keeping the whole Russian thing going for next season
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #480
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season has been a fun one to watch. I'm still wondering why they bothered with bringing the mother in for the season finale last year?
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post: