Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #61
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I highly recommend Planet Hollywood Towers (PH Towers)
New resort, and I got a 1 bedroom suite for under $100/night.

No resort fees + a great pool. (nice talent, but not the stupid busy)

This suite also had 5 flatscreen TVs, including motorized ceiling to
floor LCD projector. Didn't use them much, but nice during the mid-day break!

Also had a full kitchen in it* (last pic is not mine, but it was exactly the same),
which was nice because the Miracle Mile Shops are in the mall below,
and it had an ABC store.

Cheap beer and snacks are nice to keep stocked up on in your room.

Planet Hollywood also has Earl of Sandwich, which is the best 3:30 am meal
you will ever have, with all due respect to Singapore Sams

** For those willing to drive a bit, grab some friends and drive the 5 hours to
Great Falls, Montana and find a package using http://www.allegiantair.com/
Beats Calgary prices by 50%!

rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #62
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny Darino View Post

We avoided old vegas (strat, golden nugget) like the plague, you can see it when you take the bus to the outlet malls, as it is quite sketchy looking.
Downtown Las Vegas is cool enough to visit for at least one night and is as safe as the strip.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #63
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Also, if you have time you should check out Hoover dam. They just finished construction on a bridge over hoover dam last year sometime and you can now check it out from the front. Plus it's only about a 35 mile drive from the strip.

The Pat Tillman bridge is definitely worth a look especially if you've been to Vegas a few times already and are looking for a day trip.

I took this pic of the completed construction in December...

The Valley of Fire just outside of Vegas is also kinda neat, I imagine it would look incredible under good lighting conditions. It's basically a park with all kinds of cool looking formations shaped during the age of the dinosaurs. There's also petroglyphs in the stone that are allegedly over 3,000 years old.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 07-26-2011 at 02:47 PM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #64
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm also going to Vegas for the first time in Sept (going for a mon-fri) trip and staying at the imperial palace which I hear is a dump but don't really care cause I have also heard it is a prime location and all I need from it is a bed for a couple hours. Also looking for such info as cheap, fun places to drink and party, fun pools, fun things to do. For me it is pretty much a party trip so any tips would be appreciated
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
king_amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #65
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_amonte View Post
I'm also going to Vegas for the first time in Sept (going for a mon-fri) trip and staying at the imperial palace which I hear is a dump but don't really care cause I have also heard it is a prime location and all I need from it is a bed for a couple hours. Also looking for such info as cheap, fun places to drink and party, fun pools, fun things to do. For me it is pretty much a party trip so any tips would be appreciated
Who is all going with ya? If you have a group of 6 or more I would suggest getting a table if u are going out to a club. When u take into account entry and drink prices 9/10 its cheaper to get the table with bottle service then not. For example 6 of us paid $150 bucks each and got 3 40 once bottles with a PRIME table (on a stage just off the dance floor right beside the DJ), mixers, no lineup, no cover, waitress tip and private bathroom. Given that the entry to the club was going to be $50 bucks and drinks were 15-20 I thought it was a great deal. If we had one or more people it would of even been cheaper.

Some of the better party pools are Rehab (Sundays @ Hard Rock), Tao (Venetian), Wet Republic (MGM) and Enocre Beach Club (Weekends -Encore). The Tropicana just redid a whole bunch of their resort and might be a cheaper place to give a shot.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #66
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Who is all going with ya? If you have a group of 6 or more I would suggest getting a table if u are going out to a club. When u take into account entry and drink prices 9/10 its cheaper to get the table with bottle service then not. For example 6 of us paid $150 bucks each and got 3 40 once bottles with a PRIME table (on a stage just off the dance floor right beside the DJ), mixers, no lineup, no cover, waitress tip and private bathroom. Given that the entry to the club was going to be $50 bucks and drinks were 15-20 I thought it was a great deal. If we had one or more people it would of even been cheaper.
This

Also during the day if you are going with the same number of girls as guys most of the time the clubs have someone outside offering no line no cover. You HAVE to have as many if not more girls than guys to get it but if you don't simply grab some girls out of line.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #67
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post

Some of the better party pools are Rehab (Sundays @ Hard Rock), Tao (Venetian), Wet Republic (MGM) and Enocre Beach Club (Weekends -Encore). The Tropicana just redid a whole bunch of their resort and might be a cheaper place to give a shot.

Going in a group of 6, (3 guys, 3 girls)....thanks for the info, do you have to call ahead to arrange this or do you just show up and tell them you want bottle service...what club would you recommend this for? Are the prices the same during the week as they are for the weekend? Thanks again!
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
king_amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #68
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_amonte View Post
Going in a group of 6, (3 guys, 3 girls)....thanks for the info, do you have to call ahead to arrange this or do you just show up and tell them you want bottle service...what club would you recommend this for? Are the prices the same during the week as they are for the weekend? Thanks again!
Planning ahead is the best bet. Find out what club you want to go to and talk to one of the hosts. Prices are gonna vary club to club and location of table within the club. Angel Management Clubs/Pools don't so much as use a bottle minimum but a table minimum. So in a sense on a $1000 table you could theoretically get $1000 worth of beers and no bottle. The more popular the club the more its gonna cost you to get a table. Pure (one of the most popular clubs in Vegas) is gonna cost ya a lot more than say LAX.

Prices are gonna gonna be slightly more on the weekend nights then they would on the weekdays but I've never seen it so dramatic that you would want to take a chance on a less busy night. As for which one to go to, if u do pick a weekend they all will be busy. Last time we went,we had some guys that aren't club types so we wanted a place with a less strict dress code. We decided to try LAX and while we got a little worried with all the stories about it, once we got in though it was great! Just felt like a normal club with a good vibe of top40/hiphop music. Tao & Pure I would say are the most popular places, however they do have a very strict dress code.

If you decide on one, most will have a website that you can get the ball rolling on securing a table. They will then get in touch with you with prices, tables, etc. and you go from there. I've noticed that the earlier you book one the better chance u get a great table without having to tip your host more (standard tip for your host is 75-100 a bottle, some places the more u tip him the better your table, wasnt the case with the guy I use most of the time).
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #69
Champion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Go to the Spearmint Rhino. Just don't get too drunk and spend over a thousand bucks lol
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #70
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^

Unless you have a company credit card and work in the accounting department. You could probably just rack up a surge of charges and approve it yourself.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YYC in LAX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #71
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
^^

Unless you have a company credit card and work in the accounting department. You could probably just rack up a surge of charges and approve it yourself.
In that case, get a nice hat too...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #72
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
^^

I don't know how anyone could rod their company of it's max funds
THE SCUD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to THE SCUD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #73
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

It was
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #74
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
It was
sorry, i hate bberrys.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #75
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I have booked 5 nights at the Aria next week, looking forward to it, all I have heard is good things about the hotel. Any suggestions on things for a 20-something married couple to do (aka no pool parties)?

I know she wants to hit the malls and the outlets, and we want to drink and gamble, but are there some shows we should see that are just "the tits"?

Keep in mind we are going to Toronto in the fall to see some musicals and plays, then off to the West End in London in the fall as well for more plays and musicals... So I am probably good for those with respect to Vegas (being that I am straight - I avoid musicals and plays at all costs))
THE SCUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #76
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cirque O
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #77
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Go to Skybox at Aria and try the firecracker burger.

Don't listen to the waitress. She's just messing with you when she asks if you're sure that you want to order it.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #78
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you literally mean shows that are the tits, then see Cirque's Zumanity. If you figuratively mean the tits, I hear Cirque Ka and Cirque O are really good.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #79
Knut

Exp:

Go to O'Shea's. It is not far from Aria and has cheap booze, food and has beer pong.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #80
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
Go to Skybox at Aria and try the firecracker burger.

Don't listen to the waitress. She's just messing with you when she asks if you're sure that you want to order it.
Yeah, they just don't like giving out the free beer that comes with it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
las vegas , sin city , vegas