Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #221
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quiet thread, sign of a fairly nondescript season?

Last night's show was pretty meh. James goes home, so a tribe that was already hurting loses a big physical presence. Next week's show looks a bit better, this season needs some fireworks to get going. I can't really get into this season too much yet. Need more villians or something.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #222
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

James and Steph going out back-to-back...ouch. I'm eliminated from Pool A.

I think it's been a fairly good season, not a lot of flashy moves yet but I like the cast and the storylines they're setting up. I'm intrigued to see how much longer Bradley will be in control, as well as how the Dom/Chris rivalry will end.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #223
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thins always amp up after the merge
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:26 PM   #224
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

James going home takes mile out of Pool A with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Quiet thread, sign of a fairly nondescript season?

Last night's show was pretty meh. James goes home, so a tribe that was already hurting loses a big physical presence. Next week's show looks a bit better, this season needs some fireworks to get going. I can't really get into this season too much yet. Need more villians or something.
Well, I've started the part of the Season where I'm working Wednesday night now, and unless I catch the name of the winner somewhere, I do try to avoid spoilers a bit until I can watch the show...usually Fri or Sat.

As to the episode itself, it was kind of meh overall.

Chris talked about himself. A lot. I can easily see where that would get aggravating.

Three tribes. I almost like that until I realized that it was another clear majority on each tribe, and they'd likely keep picking folks off to the merge where I'm hoping that they really start playing.

That Immunity challenge. I always cringe at this one as someone inevitably biffs it hard. This time both Libby and Chelsea get their faces re-arranged a bit. Rough times. Also, Desiree was a bad choice as a caller. I couldn't understand her screeching half the time either. Surprised her teammates did. It was a treat watching Wendell work that puzzle with his team, though.

I'm kind of surprised that Micheal voted James off, and I really wonder what would have happened if Angela had flipped. Same result...but talk about some fireworks when you get back to camp.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #225
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Just got caught up.

Is it just me or is there more crying this year than any other year? It's aggravating. I really don't care about your life story, I want you to outwit and outplay with lies and deceit, screw people over and watch them squirm with every twist and turn of the game. The strategy is far more fascinating to me than listening to people cry about how hard their life is.

If I wanted to watch people cry and have some kind of breakthrough I would watch Biggest Loser.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #226
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Love it. See you Brad you smug SOB.��
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #227
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought Bradley would last way longer after surviving that close vote a few episodes ago. He took the blindside well, but must sting for him to just miss the merge.

Wendall and Dom both have idols now. If they align together again, that's gonna be dangerous.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #228
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Just got caught up.

Is it just me or is there more crying this year than any other year? It's aggravating. I really don't care about your life story, I want you to outwit and outplay with lies and deceit, screw people over and watch them squirm with every twist and turn of the game. The strategy is far more fascinating to me than listening to people cry about how hard their life is.

If I wanted to watch people cry and have some kind of breakthrough I would watch Biggest Loser.
I think those scenes have been really effective, especially this season in misdirecting viewers who use the edit in determining who stays/who goes. Was shocked to see people like Stephanie and James voted out in their boot episodes because the show had emotional scenes with them - made me think they were going to stay much longer.

As for entertainment I think it's been a good break from the constant emphasis on solely game-play and big moves in recent seasons, but I see where you're coming from.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:55 AM   #229
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this episode we get 2 idols and an advantage turning up. I think they might need to tone it down a bit...

They should have kept the idols on Ghost Island only, and not have had it pre-decided whether you get a chance at the game. Poorly hidden idols are getting to be a bit much.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:42 AM   #230
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing too terribly stand-out about this episode, I felt, though when Bradley was talking about self-sabotage, I was thinking "No kidding..."

Malolo got lucky in that Immunity Challenge, that Micheal went beast-mode for them. Strength to the merge, then brains.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #231
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Who’s gonna win out or Chris or Dom? I say Dom
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #232
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Nothing too terribly stand-out about this episode, I felt, though when Bradley was talking about self-sabotage, I was thinking "No kidding..."

Malolo got lucky in that Immunity Challenge, that Micheal went beast-mode for them. Strength to the merge, then brains.
Dom's been saying that the tribe threw the competition. Believes it wasn't shown because it would have been obvious they were trying to get Bradley out ruining the tribal tension. He seems a bit narcissistic so may be trying to explain his poor performance but those dives did look like...well dives. Ha.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #233
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I won't spoil it, but tonight's show was much better. Good tribal. Hopefully more of that from here on out.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #234
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris losing the 'war' takes Hockey out of Pool A with him.

Well...I wasn't impressed overmuch by Chris throughout the season so far as it was, and this episode/tribal has pretty much cemented that.

What a bloody boneheaded move! Sneaking out and getting the idol was great. All he can talk about is how this is between him and Dom...and he's STILL so confident that he's got it in the bag that he doesn't use his idol. What a twit."Outplayed" indeed.

I admit, I had thought with that tribal that we'd see idols out of Dom, Wendell and Chris...and that little subplot with Libby going home was going to come to pass. I thought it was pretty clever of Desirre to orchestrate that...and I wonder why she didn't vote for it. That vote went 2 Libby, 10 Chris and the No Vote.

I liked that Immunity challenge, and have to admit...Kellyn is not the person I'd have figured to win it. When it came down to the last three, I figured it'd be Chelsea and Libby duking it out.

The episode was a good step up from the last couple, though.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #235
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Completely agree, I thought for sure Libby was going with a bunch of idols being played too.

Kellyn seems to be getting a favourable edit. What has Sebastian done?
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #236
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty great episode, had my attention the whole time. Liked the idea with adding power to the idol on Ghost Island.

Chris too overconfident.

Wendell's been really good so far but I hope telling Laurel about his idol doesn't cost him.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:07 AM   #237
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Glad to see Chris gone and that he was an idiot for being over confident.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:33 AM   #238
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved the Wendel vote chatter...Chris, you suck at rapping, stop rapping, you are no good at it. Don't do it anymore.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #239
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wendell was wrong about Chris' rapping...

from his ponderosa video
Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 PM   #240
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I thought it was pretty clever of Desirre to orchestrate that...and I wonder why she didn't vote for it. That vote went 2 Libby, 10 Chris and the No Vote.
She did vote for it. Her and Angela were the two votes for Libby.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: