Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #661
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Is there no forum where you can go talk about Winnipeg? Clearly that would be more enjoyable when other people care too.. right?

Just not sure why you have picked a Calgary forum to talk about your Winnipeg team. Not enough fans to start your own forum?

I would even maybe understand if you were an Edmonton or Saskatchewan fan.. because they are the Stamps rivals and somewhat relevant. However, this is like having a random Dallas Stars fan show up on the main forum and start talking about how excited they are about the Stars.
Thread is 2019 CFL season
Winnipeg last time I looked is in the CFL so why not have contributions from fans of other teams.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #662
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Thread is 2019 CFL season
Winnipeg last time I looked is in the CFL so why not have contributions from fans of other teams.
Because no one besides him gives a #### about Winnipeg on here? And how great they are doing... Because this is "CalgaryPuck".. so coming on here and talking about the Stamps no longer being a force in the west after like 1 game was somewhat trollish.

Never did I say he shouldn't post here.. but just curious why someone wouldn't post on a Winnipeg board where other posters would also give a crap and have meaningful discussions about their team.

Last edited by keenan87; 07-20-2019 at 07:45 AM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #663
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is there no forum where you can go talk about Winnipeg? Clearly that would be more enjoyable when other people care too.. right?

Just not sure why you have picked a Calgary forum to talk about your Winnipeg team. Not enough fans to start your own forum?

I would even maybe understand if you were an Edmonton or Saskatchewan fan.. because they are the Stamps rivals and somewhat relevant. However, this is like having a random Dallas Stars fan show up on the main forum and start talking about how excited they are about the Stars.
I've taken my lumps and posted here when the bombers were garbage, and came on here congratulated stamps fans after you guys beat us in the west final last year. If you don't like reading what I have to say go ahead and put me on ignore. This is a CFL discussion thread, not a Stampeders discussion thread.

And yes, I do participate in a Bombers forum as well.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #664
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because no one besides him gives a #### about Winnipeg on here? And how great they are doing... Because this is "CalgaryPuck".. so coming on here and talking about the Stamps no longer being a force in the west after like 1 game was somewhat trollish.

Never did I say he shouldn't post here.. but just curious why someone wouldn't post on a Winnipeg board where other posters would also give a crap and have meaningful discussions about their team.
Seriously? So what! If he wants to post here about any team, all the power to him. Limiting discourse on a forum meant for the same sounds very controlling and needless. I don t take offense to anything he posts, or anyone else for that matter. You shouldn't either.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #665
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I have no problems with him talking about the Bombers, or if we have esk fans or whatever posting here.

I used to run a site called CFLHorsemen, which is a site that was built for fans of the stamps primarily, but having a bunch of rider fans and Esk fans for example certainly makes the discussion better.

At the end of the day, we're all CFL fans and sometimes it seems that there are too few of them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #666
RogerWilco
First Line Centre

Exp:

Im a little surprised about how hard everyone seems to be on Arbuckle after this game. The O-Line gave him absolutely zero support in this game. For gods sake he was sacked 3 times by half way through the fist quarter. Made a couple of bad decisions later on but still managed to get a win. He is no BO but he had managed this role very successfully since BO has been out. One off game with no O-line support and people are already calling him trash?

Last edited by RogerWilco; 07-20-2019 at 09:17 AM.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #667
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Well Bombers do look pretty good to start the season. I would be worried about peaking early as no team has ever been able to maintain high level play over 18 games but at the very least they are setting themselves up early for a home playoff game.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #668
RogerWilco
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also agree that everyone should post here Stamps fans or not. Its not like we get an oversaturation of CFL talk on this board. The more activity the better, I don't want to have to go read Rider Fans because no one is posting here or on CFL Horsemen.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RogerWilco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #669
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bombers have beat the Lions and the Argos (combined one win total) and the Redblacks twice, a team without a QB (yes, I know they managed to beat the Stamps in week 1). I know you can only play the teams you're scheduled against, but lets see how they fare at Hamilton next week. Should be a good one!

P.S. This isn't an anti-Winnipeg post -- their other win is versus Edmonton, so no question they should be first in the division at this point.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #670
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Bombers have a small window this year with BC and Edmonton rebuilding and Calgary rebuilding and injured.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #671
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bombers have built a really good organization. This isn't a surprise year, they've been improving year in and year out for 4 years now. I don't expect any window slamming shut anytime soon. The Canadian mafia are the real deal. And that's not easy to say as I've at times actually hated MOS.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #672
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
Im a little surprised about how hard everyone seems to be on Arbuckle after this game. The O-Line gave him absolutely zero support in this game. For gods sake he was sacked 3 times by half way through the fist quarter. Made a couple of bad decisions later on but still managed to get a win. He is no BO but he had managed this role very successfully since BO has been out. One off game with no O-line support and people are already calling him trash?
2 of those were on him though for holding the ball far too long. Also his throws as so many were off target or just a bit high...he almost got Begelton killed with that one throw. And that was against the worst defense in the league coming into that game.

He is a work in progress, but truth is he just isnt very good at this point. Lots to like about him for sure, and he will very likely get better as he gets more experience. But his decision making/reads and accuracy are a real concern at this time and for the next few weeks until Bo gets back.

Like I said...just tread water the next little while and come Labor day hope to be all systems go and turn it on heading into the post season.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #673
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Bombers have a small window this year with BC and Edmonton rebuilding and Calgary rebuilding and injured.
Curiously their schedule has been very favorable when it comes to rest. Not a single 4 day week the entire season. Stamps already just had a week where they only had 4 days between games and will do it again in August facing of all teams the Bombers on 4 days between games and again in September with the Eskimos (this one is at least fair in that both teams only have 4 days) being head to head. I'm sure the Stamps aren't the only team with several 4 day weeks but it's curious that the Bombers don't have one.

Saturday
Bye
Thursday
Friday
Friday
Friday
Friday
Thursday
Thursday
Thursday
Friday
Sunday (Sept 1st)
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Friday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

I have never seen a schedule where a team never had a single short week all CFL season.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-20-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #674
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, most of the guys' posts are to troll Stamps/Flames fans here. He knows exactly what he's doing. Even his buy/sell thread he called it Flames/Stamps propaganda and got a reaction.

Whatever, let him soak it in, its the bummers only chance while Stamps re-load and even then it likely wont be enough.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #675
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Meh, most of the guys' posts are to troll Stamps/Flames fans here. He knows exactly what he's doing. Even his buy/sell thread he called it Flames/Stamps propaganda and got a reaction.

Whatever, let him soak it in, its the bummers only chance while Stamps re-load and even then it likely wont be enough.
Whatever man.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #676
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
P.S. This isn't an anti-Winnipeg post -- their other win is versus Edmonton, so no question they should be first in the division at this point.
Edmonton outplayed the Bombers that game except for penalties, which they’ve reduced in the last couple of games.

Yeah, I’m an Esks fan but I don’t go spouting off about it in a rival forum.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #677
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post

Ding ding ding ding;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #678
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoy the Montreal jerseys, a lot more than I thought I would. The logo is really great even if it looks like the ultimate warrior with a tail
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #679
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beauty of a trick play. TD Als.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #680
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp: