Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #9381
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldn’t imagine being a federal party with hopes of governing and saying you absolutely won’t work with a party that over 30% of the country will vote for.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #9382
OldDutch
First Line Centre

Exp:

At advanced poll today and it is as busy as election day. Taken over 30 mins to get through. Not sure is it just my area?

Volunteers doing great job, but this process is stone age. At any rate happy to see the enthusiasm.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #9383
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

He's catering to his base, he's being actually smart, he's telling the undecideds on the left that a vote for the NDP is a vote for a seat at the table of power. If he said he'd support a PC government, he'd be murdered by his leftish base and he'd lose votes to the Libs.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #9384
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
At advanced poll today and it is as busy as election day. Taken over 30 mins to get through. Not sure is it just my area?

Volunteers doing great job, but this process is stone age. At any rate happy to see the enthusiasm.

I can't wait for the day that we all have surgically implanted chips in our head where we can order food from skip the dishes and vote while sitting on the can.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #9385
OldDutch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I can't wait for the day that we all have surgically implanted chips in our head where we can order food from skip the dishes and vote while sitting on the can.
Hah, fair enough but there is a simple fix.

The problem is that there is one table per voting area. Mine is very politically active. Others are not.

So someone could have been in and out in 5 mins and I was 30 mins.

All they have to do is support multiple areas per table and the line would vanish.

Seems simple enough but process and minor tech support is not there.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #9386
Flaming Homer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have never ever in my life once even remotely considered Alberta separation a real thing or even worthy of discussion. EVER. If we see a NDP+Green+Liberal coalition would be the first time I think I would ever actually put some real thought into the feasibility of it as a real option. Crazy to think that even as I type it. But I just don’t see what other options we’d be left with if that happened and we’d be guaranteed at that point that we’re going to get the #### end of the stick in every aspect over the next 4 years or more.
Flaming Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flaming Homer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #9387
DiracSpike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

TMX is the key, it's the show of faith that there's any shred of respect left for the constitution, it's the only bridge to Alberta sharing a future with the ROC. We're not going to stand for having a major industry shuttered/shut down when the rest of the world will be burning fossil fuels for the next 40 years or more.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #9388
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I have never ever in my life once even remotely considered Alberta separation a real thing or even worthy of discussion. EVER. If we see a NDP+Green+Liberal coalition would be the first time I think I would ever actually put some real thought into the feasibility of it as a real option. Crazy to think that even as I type it. But I just don’t see what other options we’d be left with if that happened and we’d be guaranteed at that point that we’re going to get the #### end of the stick in every aspect over the next 4 years or more.
Just know that the rest of us won’t let you leave without a fight. We’re keeping Banff but you can have Edmonton.

I worked with a guy who was for Alberta separation. My Serbian friend set him straight. It’s an asinine idea and a separate Alberta will do nothing to fix our issues.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #9389
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Doesn’t really mean people believe he has good leadership qualities, it means they think they’re better than human skin tag Andrew Scheer, among others.

Could just as easily say there are a lot of dumb Canadians if Scheer is the preferred PM. Guy can’t even lead a party to victory against a proven liar, and he’s supposed to lead the country? Yikes.

We’ll be better off when both those two dummies are dropped.
Well they both aren't very good but only one of them has been proven a liar and violator of ethics laws.

Flames_Gimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #9390
the_only_turek_fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tweet from P.J. Fournier | Qc125 | 338Canada (@Qc_125)
P.J. Fournier | Qc125 | 338Canada (@Qc_125) Tweeted:
338Canada election result odds (Oct.13, 2019):

https://t.co/AMnybFlwnD

Although the numbers are still insane close, Conservative plurality is the most likely scenario.

#canpoli #elxn43 https://t.co/iFlI4ZOzFW https://twitter.com/Qc_125/status/11...782097926?s=17

the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote