Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #221
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Nope, although I'll listen to offers from Riders fans.
You think we’re going to the Grey Cup? Even I’m not knocking back enough Pil to believe that one.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:43 PM   #222
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The wife beating alcoholic junkie threw for 80 yards against 3rd and 4th stringers and look at the battle it has created... ROFL
Weird.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #223
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Wow, 51 thousand Grey Cup tickets already sold, I guess Edmonton fans are thinking the Eskies are going to be in the championship game.

Ticket sales for the 106th Grey Cup are off to a stellar start afte going on sale just four days ago.

To date, 51,000 tickets have been purchased by fans for this year's game at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, which leaves just 4,819 seats remaining for the big game on November 25.

“51,000 tickets sold is a major milestone for an event taking place more than five months from today,” said Len Rhodes, President and CEO of the Edmonton Eskimos and Co-Chair of the Grey Cup Festival. “The response we’ve received from fans across Canada has been incredible, not to mention the support from our corporate and media partners, who have been instrumental in the success of this ticket launch.

https://www.tsn.ca/51k-grey-cup-tick...days-1.1104086
Wow -- color me very impressed if that's the case. Grey Cup tickets aren't cheap, and there's a good chance it's going to be coooooold outside come late November. I'll take my chances finding one on the secondary market (if the Stamps make it) -- looks like there are lots of singles still available in any event.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #224
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nichols left practice early with what seems to be a knee injury. No information available yet.

Well, that could be a quick end to the 2018 season.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #225
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Nichols left practice early with what seems to be a knee injury. No information available yet.

Well, that could be a quick end to the 2018 season.
Kyle Walters: Hey Darian, how are things?
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #226
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I thought a big factor in the Grey Cup this year was that the CFL made a statement that the Grey Cup is no longer a cash grab for the host team, and made a large slice in prices to ensure sell outs after some shaky years?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #227
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/06/07/matt-n...iss-4-6-weeks/

Quote:
WINNIPEG — After suffering an apparent knee injury in Wednesday’s practice, Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback will reportedly miss four to six weeks.

The news came from Head Coach Mike O’Shea and was reported by TSN’s Dave Naylor on Thursday

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #228
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could have been a lot worse.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #229
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

#CFL cuts are starting to to trickle out, two big names already with Rob Bagg and Bakari Grant.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #230
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
#CFL cuts are starting to to trickle out, two big names already with Rob Bagg and Bakari Grant.
Riders have released Chad Owens as well.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #231
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched highlights of Manziel’s second preseason game. Showed a lot more scrambling ability — dare I say even Flutie-esque back there with the occasional sidearm delivery and throwing on the run.

The big thing that I haven’t seen yet is the ability to dissect defences down the field. Even if he doesn’t have the strongest arm, guys like Flutie were deadly accurate down the field and over the middle (think Ricky Ray) in addition to his scrambling ability.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #232
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

At 10 am EST, the Alouettes announced Xavier Fulton had been cut. At 10:38 am, they announced Fulton was "was mistakenly included" in the cut list. Just another log on the dumpster fire.

Travis bond also released by Saskatchewan.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #233
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Watched highlights of Manziel’s second preseason game. Showed a lot more scrambling ability — dare I say even Flutie-esque back there with the occasional sidearm delivery and throwing on the run.

The big thing that I haven’t seen yet is the ability to dissect defences down the field. Even if he doesn’t have the strongest arm, guys like Flutie were deadly accurate down the field and over the middle (think Ricky Ray) in addition to his scrambling ability.

We're two weeks into Maziel working on a entirely new playbook on a bigger field with an extra man, I think the down field stuff will come, I also think that will also happen as the Tiger-Cats open his playbook a little wider.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #234
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Will the CFL be able to confirm a conditional 10th franchise in Atlantic Canada before the end of this season?

Quote:
There is cautious optimism in the CFL head office. “I think they are on the right track,” commissioner Randy Ambrosie said of Maritime Football Ltd. proponents Bruce Bowser, Gary Drummond and Anthony LeBlanc. “Can they get over the goal line? I think it’s a million-dollar question and we’ll only know when we know.” He expects to know by Grey Cup week in Edmonton.

Progress is being made. Moncton Mayor Dawn Arnold met with Ambrosie and LeBlanc last week to discuss possible roles for the New Brunswick city, including hosting training camp, pre-season and regular season games at Moncton Stadium while a permanent venue is built in Halifax. LeBlanc has mentioned a 25,000-seater could cost $200 million, and Halifax mayor Mike Savage said private investment has to lead the way.

Ambrosie said the Ottawa model — with the stadium at the centre of a revenue-generating football district — is a good one and should be followed.

“You don’t build a stadium, you build an entire ecosystem. You build a stadium and you build a development around the stadium because people are no longer just going to games,” Ambrosie said. “The calculus of their use of their time is not a ‘transport me to a game and then home from a game.’ It’s ‘take me for lunch and maybe some shopping and then I’ll go to a game and then after I’ll go for a drink or dessert and then I’ll go home.’”

https://maritimefootball.ca/

Last edited by troutman; 06-11-2018 at 03:17 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #235
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

The CFL is moving away from Sunday games - only three all season. Good to avoid the NFL, but could drown out CIS Football.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #236
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
The CFL is moving away from Sunday games - only three all season. Good to avoid the NFL, but could drown out CIS Football.
How many people care about CIS football? Isn't fan support pretty much non-existent?

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #237
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
How many people care about CIS football? Isn't fan support pretty much non-existent?
They get pretty good fan support in Quebec and the Maritimes and certain pockets in southern Ontario as well. It's pretty much family and friends in Western Canada though.

/It's too bad because it's an entertaining product to watch.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #238
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
The CFL certainly should care.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #239
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
They get pretty good fan support in Quebec and the Maritimes and certain pockets in southern Ontario as well. It's pretty much family and friends in Western Canada though.

/It's too bad because it's an entertaining product to watch.

The Huskies draw fairly well in Saskatoon...
Old 06-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #240
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post: