Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2024, 07:00 PM   #121
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

They used to cast good locking super jocks, nerds, and a few in betweeners who would duke it out using whatever assets they had. Now they just cast mainly geeks and fill the set with weird bright colours and crying. Lots and lots of crying. People who want to tell "their story".

I don't care about "your story" TBH. I want to see people cut each others throats in the most ruthless way possible. I want to see guys like Ozzie carry a tribe and then get tossed by the geek who figures out a way to stick a knife in his back. Or the puppet master Sandra who was the most unempathetic, cunning yet physically useless person ever put on the show.

Simpletons like Bhanu should have never made it past the casting call. I keep wondering when he's going to wink at the camera and laugh because he made it all up and was acting the whole time. But he isn't. And it's making it unwatchable.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 06:43 AM   #122
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bhanu begs, pleads, and cries — all to no avail.

I hope this doesn’t sound mean. I’m not trying to be mean. Because what I am about to say is, in some ways, a compliment. In some ways. In other ways, perhaps considerably less so. But there really is no way around it if we want to talk about this week’s episode — and the entire season so far — of Survivor. So I’m going to have just let it rip, and here it is: I think Bhanu Gopal is probably the least equipped player we have ever seen in 46 seasons of Survivor. The guy was just too pure for this game.

Last thing I want to say about Bhanu, who was unanimously cut loose at Tribal Council without an actual vote: The guy was a disaster out on the island. There is no other honest way to say it. But he does have a legitimately incredible story of being born into poverty to a teen mom, living in the streets, becoming the first member of his family to graduate high school, and then get a graduate degree.

https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-epi...veling-8611598

Yup to everything above, by far the worst player ever! A total disaster.
Not sure this season can recover from this.

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy -Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica
12. transplant99 - Charlie / Tiffany
13. surferguy - Soda / Soda
14. Barnes - Tevin / Charlie
15. savardandjokinen - Ben / Tim
16. jroc - Maria / Kenzie
17. Sultan -David / Hunter
18. droopydrew19 - Bhanu / Venus

EldrickOnIce and droopydrew19 are hit and likely happy about it.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:30 AM   #123
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Might've been the worst episode of all time. complete garbage
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 03:08 PM   #124
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

How can a supposed super fan be so terrible? Glad he's gone, hopefully the season gets better from now on. However it's guaranteed that the only physical threat (Hunter) will go early, as he seems rather socially inept. The rest of the cast seems rather weak.

A gust of wind would probably push Venus over.

There should be no begging and pleading in Survivor. Get lost. Everyone has a "story", what makes your story more important than the rest?
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 04:02 PM   #125
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
How can a supposed super fan be so terrible? Glad he's gone, hopefully the season gets better from now on. However it's guaranteed that the only physical threat (Hunter) will go early, as he seems rather socially inept. The rest of the cast seems rather weak.

A gust of wind would probably push Venus over.

There should be no begging and pleading in Survivor. Get lost. Everyone has a "story", what makes your story more important than the rest?
He was so messy.

Thanking god when Randen was hurt and removed from the game. That came across extremely selfish.

Blaming god for his own failures. Then yeah the begging on his knees.

The guy was not likeable despite his "nice guy" persona.

Complete idiot who was cast purely for his chaos. But it wasn't entertaining chaos, it was just sad and pathetic.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 02:45 AM   #126
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think calling this the ECHL when compared to Survivor Australia was an insult to the ECHL

I'm not sure someone trying to sabotage the show could cast worse players
Old 03-24-2024, 02:29 PM   #127
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

View On Demand STILL doesn't have Ep 4 up to be watched, when it's usually available 24 hours after the air time.

I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing for me.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:06 PM   #128
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ratings for Survivor are still at the top, whereas The Amazing Race is falling off.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/w...ol-family-law/
Old 03-24-2024, 07:41 PM   #129
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Network television really sucks these days. All of the top rated shows are terrible.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:51 AM   #130
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

I spend nearly every episode on my phone, half watching this crap.

Just terrible casting.

Bring back some legit back stabbing liars. Could you image any of these current players surviving in season 1 or 2? haha
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 11:55 AM   #131
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently they refuse to cast "villains" or controversial characters in new seasons, as they're afraid of the unrest it will cause on social media or in their personal lives. Is that really an issue to be concerned of? Did Phil, Coach, and Hantz get death threats? I'm certain they all benefited from the show.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:46 PM   #132
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

This episode was finally added to VOD, and I can certainly understand why they weren't in any hurry to put it on there.

What a stinker.

Vanu manages a win because someone can't throw a hoop up over a pole.

Jem blows what would have been an amazingly awesome fake out by not burying the locked box under her note. Can you imagine what would have happened if she'd done that, and the green team got the "come back after losing immunity challenge for more instructions"...only to go back, and find NOTHING there when they were expecting an idol. What a play that would have been (as the box would have been moved back to Jem's location).

Bhanu has got to be one of the worst players I've ever seen. Survivor needs to stop casting for "The Story Reveal" and start casting people who can actually play. At least Kenzie and Tiff show promise in that regard.

Q seems rather overrated for an 'athlete', Hunter is not. Also, how can you "not be able to jump". WTF was that?!

Bhanu: "I am a superfan, and I came to play an honest game."
Me: "So...you don't understand a single thing about the game you are a superfan of, then?"

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-26-2024 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:17 PM   #133
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bye Jem, you weren’t the worst I’ve ever drafted, but still not very good.

At least the show seems more watchable now that Bhanu is finally gone and not dominating the entire episode.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:28 AM   #134
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last week, I posited that Jem was truly outrageous — truly, truly, truly outrageous. Something I am more than sure Jem has never heard in her entire life. (Shout out for originality!) She had found a Beware Advantage and placed the note in another area so her tribe mates spent hours upon useless hours digging for an advantage that was not there. Hilarious! Well played!
Even better than that, Jem did not let anyone in on her secret. She did not break the cardinal rule of Survivor that pretty much everyone goes and breaks anyway — do not tell others about your idol or advantage.
So why is Jem now laughing at herself on camera for being voted out with an immunity idol in her pocket? Because as stealthy as the international brand mentor may have been with her advantage, her attempts in trying to convince Ben and Tim that she really, really wanted to know who they were voting for because she was totally on their side were about as believable as me showing up as New Jersey’s representative for the 2024 World’s Strongest Man Competition.

This was a weird episode all around for Flock of Siga. Tim’s not pooping, Moriah is worried Jeff Probst thinks they all poop together in the water and then splash fecal matter all over each other, Maria has turned into Carrie Ann Inaba and is giving dance lessons on the beach, and Ben is doing dramatic readings from the Mötley Crüe biography.

https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-episode-5-8620966

4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David

and just like that EldrickOnIce is done and mikephoen takes his first shot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 04:04 PM   #135
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I didn't understand the play by Jem at all. Talk about high risk, low reward. Should have spent that time with her tribe mates making tight alliances instead.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:36 PM   #136
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well...that was...another episode. At least Bhanu wasn't around to whine about it.

I consider myself a 'fan' of Survivor, I have seen almost all of them. I didn't recall about 3/4 of the NAMES of the shows, much less would have been able to put them in any kind of order. I'd likely have gotten the very first one, and that's it.

I guess just watching the season then forgetting about it does not a fan make.

I was kinda hoping that Yanu would lose again. Just 'cause. Though tonight's episode brings up something I was thinking about the other day. WHY does Yanu not have fire yet? I get that they haven't had their flint, but...that's not the only way to get fire. Plenty of Survivors have rubbed sticks together in coconut husk to make fire. On top of that...they get their torches at the end of Tribal. Are they just incompetent that they can't keep a fire going? Or do they blow their torches out, without considering that they could use them to get fire.

I still think that Jem should have buried the box for her other tribe mates to find. But her tribe mates were also stupid about this. For something to have been buried to be found, it has to have been dug up first. The dirt would be loose and where to dig or how deep would be evident.

This was also evident with Jem's clue. She had no need to measure anything or do any math at all. The key point of that clue was "from the box bury point towards the ocean". That's only one direction. She could have walked that direction and looked for ground that looked disturbed or was 'soft'.

And she'd totally have found, about 20-odd paces away, the clearly disturbed, cleared of debris patch of soft dirt in the pathway, which was exactly where here key had been hidden.

I also kind of wish that they hadn't showed some of the previous players. Reminded me of how good they were, and how this current crop can't hold a candle to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 10:33 PM   #137
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things are starting to pick up a bit, now. I didn't want to see Moriah go, but I do think that she was the right choice. Interesting strategy by Venus to insult everyone around her, though.

They really need to do away with the 3 tribe format to start. Especially if they are going to stick with 90 minute episodes.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:14 AM   #138
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

As I watched Q lose his mind over the fact that Moriah was an Aubry fan, I couldn’t help but wonder: What are you supposed to say when someone asks you who your favorite Survivor players are — a subject that always comes up on the island? If you can’t say Aubry, who can you say?

Either way, Mo is now no mo. Which is a shame. I was a fan as soon as she listed off the most incredible package of pet peeves I had ever heard in my entire life.

Of course, nobody gets an automatic fast pass to the merge in the new era. Instead, you have to earn it by winning a challenge or managing to not get voted out. For all of our bitching and complaining about the Hourglass twist, which, thankfully, went the way of the Medallion of Power and will go down as the worst wrinkle in Survivor history, I always liked the rest of the basic structure of the “earn the merge” rethink.

Once again, teams had to pick rocks to randomly separate into two teams of six and the odd person left out would essentially bet on the team to win and enjoy/suffer the same fate they did. The challenge itself was physical stage after physical stage after physical stage, ending in a classic Survivor dragon puzzle.

Venus also got super aggressive trying to move the vote from Mo over to Charlie even when she was told that her head was also pretty firmly on the block. She’s actually probably right that Charlie was the far more strategic play, but Venus didn’t read the proverbial room well in terms of how vociferous she was in pushing for Swiftie No. 1.

Q got so frustrated with her trying to move the vote that he openly declared war on the Great White North, essentially spitting in their collective poutine while opining: “If you want to be ungrateful, I’ll send your ass back to Canada.” Not cool, eh?

But since Flock of Siga ultimately went along with tossing Moriah overboard, does that mean Nami is now prepared to jettison Venus in return? Even if it turns out that way, the impending double elimination means someone else will be getting their torch snuffed as well. So much snuffing to be done!

https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-epi...moriah-8624095

4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David

WhiteTiger and Fuzz take their first hit with Moriah's boot
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2024, 07:44 AM   #139
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing Q go after Moriah hurt! That was the moment I knew my pair weren't destined for greatness together.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM   #140
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Now that we've reached the merge, here is how I would handicap the final 12.

In the best positions to win, in no particular order:

Charlie, Maria, Tevin, Tiffany

Have a chance to win, if things go the right way:

Hunter, Kenzie, Tim, Ben

No real chance to win based on what we've seen so far:

Q, Venus, Soda, Liz

Q and Venus both seem too emotional and play too hard without any subtlety. I expect both of them to be out in the near future. Soda and Liz don't even seem to be in the game. Now that they've made the merge they could get dragged along all the way to the finale, but I don't see any chance they could win.

In the middle group, Hunter looks to be a real comp beast, and comp beasts tend to get taken out in the 6-8 range. Even their closest allies usually don't want them left around at 5.

In the top group, Maria and Charlie seem to have a very strong bond that is well hidden, which is very powerful. Tiffany and Tevin also have good bonds and are each positioned behind a meat shield, so they should have a good run to top 6 at least.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post: