Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #1681
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enjoy this week of primetime, next couple weeks have a bunch of smelly primetime games.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #1682
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
On the plus side, maybe they go to Jameis more quickly?

... yeah. I know.

Your criticisms of Saints coaching decisions are hilarious because they're like the mirror image opposite of my bitching about the Seahawks.
Somehow missed this yesterday..yeah I love Payton, but his over-cuteness drives me bonkers sometimes. He over-thinks himself way too much. But he's certainly looking like a wise-man at the moment after yesterday anyway.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #1683
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
This is a terrible move by the Saints and it looks bad on them as a franchise. I really hope this blows up in their face.
Catching up on the thread and surprised with all the Taysom vitriol, but this takes the cake. Payton trusting the guy that has been in his system for three years was no surprise, hell he trusts him enough to sub him in for the NFL’s all time leading passer. Taysom looked great once Sean took the training wheels off, happy for the dude as he’s battled a pile of injuries in his career.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Troy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #1684
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Payton is thinking my defense is very good, the last thing I need to do is have my offense have three turnovers and put the D in a hole. You could see it with Taysom yesterday, every time his first read wasn't there he was basically ready to take off. Jameis just loves to force the issue, even (especially?) when it's not there. Taysom is risk averse.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #1685
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Somehow missed this yesterday..yeah I love Payton, but his over-cuteness drives me bonkers sometimes. He over-thinks himself way too much. But he's certainly looking like a wise-man at the moment after yesterday anyway.
Yeah, this is basically the opposite problem the Seahawks have. Most of the time, no real thought goes into anything. No ingame adjustments are made. It's often horrendously predictable.

This has been a good watch tonight. Two complete teams.

As I type that Brady makes an atrocious throw, what on earth was that?!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 09:01 PM   #1686
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah nice matchup, best WR core in the league against arguably the best corners. Been a fun game.

Yet another time count violation, then a bad pick right after that, what is Goff doing??
Old 11-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #1687
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the worst MNF crew in recent memory.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #1688
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has been a rough game for Brady
Old 11-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #1689
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's possibly the worst half I can ever remember seeing Brady play. Just awful. The picks weren't even close.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #1690
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goff threw two terrible interceptions, and they weren't even half as bad as either of Brady's. Just throwing to ghosts.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #1691
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That's possibly the worst half I can ever remember seeing Brady play. Just awful. The picks weren't even close.
The first half of week 9 against New Orleans was probably worse.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #1692
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a huge result in the NFC South standings, Saints essentially 2 games up now, and could be more if they get a W on the Bucs bye week.

Stupid 2020, what is this Week 13 bye ish anyway? Just let us finally get caught up in games already, Bucs! I'm sick of this hypothetical when looking at the division race haha, been like 2 months now.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:23 AM   #1693
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
This is the worst MNF crew in recent memory.
They’re absolutely awful. I get that ESPN is throwing #### at the wall to see what sticks, but they have to have better than this.

I’m also really starting to hate the GOAT term. And by starting, I mean I absolutely loathe it. It was a fun term 5 years ago. Now everyone is throwing it around all the time and it just sounds dumb.
flamingred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #1694
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
Catching up on the thread and surprised with all the Taysom vitriol, but this takes the cake. Payton trusting the guy that has been in his system for three years was no surprise, hell he trusts him enough to sub him in for the NFL’s all time leading passer. Taysom looked great once Sean took the training wheels off, happy for the dude as he’s battled a pile of injuries in his career.
I don't know man. They beat a sad sack Falcons team that had major offensive line issues protecting Ryan. Payton is probably the 2nd best game planner in the league after Reid and teams simply don't have much film of Hill throwing the ball. In time teams will figure him out and he will either sink or swim. I don't think he's a long term viable starting QB for the team but Payton knows more about football than I do so who knows.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:32 AM   #1695
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
They’re absolutely awful. I get that ESPN is throwing #### at the wall to see what sticks, but they have to have better than this.

I’m also really starting to hate the GOAT term. And by starting, I mean I absolutely loathe it. It was a fun term 5 years ago. Now everyone is throwing it around all the time and it just sounds dumb.
Yeah it does get old especially when the GOAT no longer plays like the greatest of all time.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #1696
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1330616204172681222

really hope it's "just" an ACL for him.
Not so much.

Quote:
An MRI showed Burrow tore his ACL and MCL and suffered other structural issues, sources said. Bengals coach Zac Taylor would not confirm the extent of the knee damage but said that Burrow will be out for the remainder of the 2020 season.
Meniscus is likely torn as well.

Ugly.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ow-sources-say
Old 11-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #1697
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Not so much.

Meniscus is likely torn as well.

Ugly.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ow-sources-say
Yeah, what a nightmare. It's very similar to the injury Wentz suffered, and he's never been the same since. Burrow is a much better pocket passer, so it hopefully won't affect him as much that's such a brutal thing to have happen to such a promising young player.

I think the worst thing is that many were predicting this when he was drafted. The Bengals are such a garbage, negligent organization and they did absolutely nothing to protect him. Wondering if a guy like Lawrence sees this and stays in school to avoid being taken by the Jets and suffering the same fate.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #1698
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't know man. They beat a sad sack Falcons team that had major offensive line issues protecting Ryan. Payton is probably the 2nd best game planner in the league after Reid and teams simply don't have much film of Hill throwing the ball. In time teams will figure him out and he will either sink or swim. I don't think he's a long term viable starting QB for the team but Payton knows more about football than I do so who knows.
Fair enough on the part about Taysom, I still need to see more as well. But so far I'm pleasantly surprised (I still feel bad for Winston though).

On the D I have to disagree though. I get it about the Falcons protection issues, but the Saints D did the same thing to Tampa 2 weeks prior, and held their (then) explosive offence to 3 points at a time when the Bucs looked unstoppable coming into that game, and Brady was NFL's Player of the Month.

The Saints D has transformed since DE Marcus Davenport finally returned in late October after being injured all season. The DL is getting a tonne of pressure now and it finally woke up Cam Jordan (and took the double teams away from him), its changed everything for that defence.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #1699
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Fair enough on the part about Taysom, I still need to see more as well. But so far I'm pleasantly surprised (I still feel bad for Winston though).

On the D I have to disagree though. I get it about the Falcons protection issues, but the Saints D did the same thing to Tampa 2 weeks prior, and held their (then) explosive offence to 3 points at a time when the Bucs looked unstoppable coming into that game, and Brady was NFL's Player of the Month.

The Saints D has transformed since DE Marcus Davenport finally returned in late October after being injured all season. The DL is getting a tonne of pressure now and it finally woke up Cam Jordan (and took the double teams away from him), its changed everything for that defence.
I wasn't discrediting their defense and more saying that the Falcons OL was horrendous (there's no way to sugarcoat 8 sacks) and the Falcons were missing Julio Jones for most of the game as well. Fortunately the Saints next three games are against sad sack teams (Broncos, Eagles, and Falcons again) which are games they likely won't need to be prolific on offense to win and the real test would be if they face the Chiefs starting Hill as that's going to give you a barometer of where he's at.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #1700
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hill > Winston

More versatile and much more dynamic. Winston is a turnover machine.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid xix