Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2022, 12:12 PM   #441
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
How cheap do you expect it to be? Full price is $72 which is $6/month. That's the price of two extra large coffees these days. Sheesh.
Comparable content is free and the app has brought adds to the table. The app just provides additional content nothing better than what I can get for free. I like sports media content so I will pay the $37/year for it but at double the price I don’t see the value. It is not a lot of money but if I am going to spend any money I better utilize it for more than post game summaries and analytic modeling for standings predictions
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2022, 09:08 AM   #442
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I just re-upped too because they offered me a fraction of what the annual fee was (feels like it was much less than half price), but I'm not really sure why. My 2 favourite NFL Saints beat writers both went rogue and left The Athletic by starting their own paid site. Just doesn't feel like the same level of talent is on the Athletic that it had 3-4 years ago.

I guess I feel the need to support sportswriters who were laid off by various traditional media sites, but the calibre here just doesn't seem to be what it was. No way would I pay full price for it anymore anyway.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 12:11 PM   #443
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Here's a nice piece on Brock Faber. As long as I'm still getting a crazy deal ($2 a month or something) I'll subscribe, but not worth it to me at full price if the Flames will continue to be neglected.

Last edited by cam_calderon; 04-24-2023 at 12:13 PM.
cam_calderon is offline   Reply With Quote