Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #21
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I stumbled upon this show 1/2 way through Seas. 1, Managed to catch up from the begining and I gotta say this is one of the best shows ever!

Right up there with Dexter IMHO.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #22
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Best show ever. I've watched all of the first 2 seasons and can't wait for the 3rd. This show has it all, from violence, sex, coarse language, and some pretty hilarious moments.

You know the 3rd season has already started......episode 2 was last night.

Pretty good, although off to a more drama/less action start to seas. 3
Ducay is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #23
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
You know the 3rd season has already started......episode 2 was last night.

Pretty good, although off to a more drama/less action start to seas. 3
Woo hoo! Time to catch some episodes online when l get home!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #24
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Noooooooo Skylar. I want to strangle that cow.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #25
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It really is amazing that on a show full of drug "cookers", and dealers, and killers and all other manner of bad people, the least likable character is Skylar.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #26
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It really is amazing that on a show full of drug "cookers", and dealers, and killers and all other manner of bad people, the least likable character is Skylar.
Yeah, she's horrible, but at the same time I think she's one of the most interesting characters in the show. Her actions in this last episode were a perfect way to call Walt's bluff. I can sort of guess how they're going to evolve most of the characters and stories over the coming season, but with her, I have no idea.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #27
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

For a drug cooker/dealer/killer, Walt sure is a greatly likeable character. Man l love this show. The pizza on the roof ordeal was friggin' hilarious!! Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For a drug cooker/dealer/killer, Walt sure is a greatly likeable character. Man l love this show. The pizza on the roof ordeal was friggin' hilarious!! Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?
Pollos was referencing the manager of the Pollos chicken who is the cartel's man in Albuquerque/New Mexico. The man in the car called the manager of Pollos, who then called the cartel, who then called off the cousins.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #29
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Also, could someone please explain to me the whole "Pollos" ordeal when the cousins were in Walt's bedroom? I'm still trying to wrap that scene around my head. Chicken? WTF?
Pollos refers to the owner of the fast food chicken restaurants, who seems to be the drug kingpin of the area. They didn't clear the hit with him first so they didn't want to step on his toes and start some sort of war.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackEleven For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #30
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

What's with the Brother in law going crazy? Wondered if I missed something.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #31
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
What's with the Brother in law going crazy? Wondered if I missed something.
Seeing as they replayed the Tortuga head on the exploding turtle, I'm assuming it's because that whole event affected him more that he's letting on.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #32
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tortuga's exploding head happened when he was working with the DEA in El Paso. He went back to Albuquerque after that. Now, the DEA wants him back in El Paso.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #33
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Tortuga's exploding head happened when he was working with the DEA in El Paso. He went back to Albuquerque after that. Now, the DEA wants him back in El Paso.
Yes I know, but they're refreshing it in our minds and then showing the cousin's involvement and the spiral Hank is taking.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #34
WindomURL
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I figured BB would be on the Shaw VOD menu somewhere. All I can find is a 6 minute preview clip for S3.

Anyone know if it's hiding in some weird menu like Mad Men was last summer? That was in the Free TV menu, iirc.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #35
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Yes I know, but they're refreshing it in our minds and then showing the cousin's involvement and the spiral Hank is taking.
The tortoise is definitely a big part of it, but I think the overall problem is his feeling of inadequacy. He couldn't deal emotionally with the tortoise incident, but he also didn't fit in with his counterparts in the Albuquerque office. They were professionals -- they spoke Spanish, they were well educated, and they didn't appreciate his brash jokes -- and he was pretty well a cowboy who they looked down upon.

By picking a fight in the Spanish bar, Hank's probably trying to both sabotage his chances of getting transferred and essentially thumbing his nose at his counterparts by showing that he is indeed a cowboy and proud of it.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #36
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The show is my favorite and I'm addicted like a meth head in a meth den. I went to an anonymous site where they had all the episodes, so i recently caught up to the latest epi.

This is such a complex and dark show for indeed people do end up despising the most morally reputable while sympathizing with 'cookers, gangsters, feds et. al'. It reminds me of Roshkalnikov from crime and punishment.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the show you must go to any length to catch up as soon as you can!

Black11, I agree with your assesment of Hank to a point. I think the only thing lacking in scope of your post was his need to strengthen his ego once again. This could be the case since he left his gun in the jeep. He seemed like an emotional wreck after the Tortuga incident. Did you see the cartel take his head though??? RaW!!! Poor walt has some real bamf after his pale heisenberg bald head.

On a side note, did anybody notice that one of the bad-asses that Hank beat up was Keith the Dean of Mean Jardine? Pretty funny.

Re: SKyler, does anyone think that she is just moving on and since walt has played his hand this way she is expediting her feelings of divorce? She is entitled to a divorce but Walt is playing greasy hardball on account of Saul goodman. I can appreciate what Skyler did by offering to keep Walt's secret life between them, but I am jaded about the recent affair. I think she should just divorce him but allow joint custody of the children. The ted thing bugs me. I also think skyler may be showing walt what it feels like to 'act normal' for your family while possessing a dark secret. Perhaps she is having this affair to 'even the score' moralistically? I think she is totally moving on.

The plot and the characters' arcs are profoundly complex that I feel it gives you what shows like weeds and sons of anarchy give you. This one is a special story of a highly relatable individual who broaches very human issues ie: cancer, financial difficulties, health-care criticisms, disabled children et al.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #37
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome episode tonight.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #38
DrJ
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I am recommending this show to all my friends. Thanks CP for enlightening me; this show is amazing!
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #39
iggypop
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great episode. Someone clear something up for me in white though:

Where did his Aztec go? Why did he need a cab?
This made sense so that Hank wouldn't see it, but he drove into the lot with it. Where did it go? What did I miss?
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #40
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggypop View Post
Great episode. Someone clear something up for me in white though:

Where did his Aztec go? Why did he need a cab?
This made sense so that Hank wouldn't see it, but he drove into the lot with it. Where did it go? What did I miss?

He left it at the mechanic's, he drove the RV over.

Answer above this line in white.