Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #1241
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I've had netflix for two years now, and I've never noticed TNG on there. I watch it from a PS3, is that why?
Device wouldn't matter, you just missed it I guess.
CMPunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #1242
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Device wouldn't matter, you just missed it I guess.
###

Watched several episodes on my PS3 over the last few years
Old 12-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #1243
Rocky Raccoon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hello ladies and gents,

My ISP's modem has been crap for accessing HD content on Netflix via my XBOX 360. I lose my connection at least once per TV Episode.

It was suggested in another thread that I get a DLink router to extend/increase my wireless signal. I purchased a DLink DIR-850L this morning and set it up. Everything seems to be working better with the exception of Netflix. I didn't lose my manual DNS settings; however, I have lost all of the "good" content. I tried as many DNS codes as I could find and nothing works.

Does anyone know if I need to do something different now that I have a router in between the modem and the XBOX 360 to get the "good" content again?
Rocky Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1244
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I tried using Netflix today. As a long time user of Unblock Us, I noticed that no matter what region I was set at, all i was getting was Canadian Netflix. The region changer was having no effect at all. This was using a pc on Shaw. Has anyone noticed this problem? Unblock Us customer support replied to my query by telling me how to use the region changer, in other words, nothing.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #1245
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
I tried using Netflix today. As a long time user of Unblock Us, I noticed that no matter what region I was set at, all i was getting was Canadian Netflix. The region changer was having no effect at all. This was using a pc on Shaw. Has anyone noticed this problem? Unblock Us customer support replied to my query by telling me how to use the region changer, in other words, nothing.
Works fine for me on Shaw. After you change the DNS, I dunno what else you can do.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #1246
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post

Does anyone know if I need to do something different now that I have a router in between the modem and the XBOX 360 to get the "good" content again?
You have to change the DNS settings on the router I beleive.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #1247
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
Works fine for me on Shaw. After you change the DNS, I dunno what else you can do.
I noticed the problem on Netflix. Pandora still worked fine. I activated the Hola extension in Chrome a half hour ago and it fixed the Netflix issue. Maybe I don't need a DNS service.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #1248
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

2 new seasons of Trailer Park Boys is coming to Netflix

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1317...ning-this-fall
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #1249
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

just got american netflix today finally and holy god i cant believe what i was missing.
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brannigans Law For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #1250
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

All seasons of Star Wars Clone Wars are up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #1251
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those of you with kids : you can change the video quality on a per-profile basis. This might come in handy if you're getting close to your bandwidth cap, or simply don't see the need to use up your household's bandwidth streaming Busy Town or Yo Gabba Gabba in Super HD repeatedly. But when you sit down for a well deserved movie or show, you can have it in full quality.

Just go to Netflix on the web site and into the account section. I didn't know it was an option until I found it by accident.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #1252
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched Blackfish. I enjoyed it.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #1253
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
All seasons of Star Wars Clone Wars are up.
Soooo awesome

Season 6 is awesome
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #1254
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
Watched Blackfish. I enjoyed it.
Make sure to watch Seaworlds rebuttle to the accusations in Blackfish. Always good to see both sides of the story to help choose which to believe

http://seaworld.com/en/truth/truth-about-blackfish/
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #1255
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So where should one start with this Clone Wars series?

I don't think I ever saw the movie from years back but only heard it was horrible.. and wasn't there some Clone Wars mini series 10 years ago, no talking, only a couple minutes long each episode? I remember thinking that was awful too.

Yet.. Star Wars... but really don't want to watch those tiny episodes or the movie to start.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #1256
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The movie is fine, or at least I don't remember it being horrible. And gives some background to the new characters, but I don't know if it's necessary to view, you could probably just jump into the first season.

And yes there was an animated mini series that were short episodes, but there was talking and they were awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...2003_TV_series)

They aren't on Netflix, and you don't need to watch those to get into the series on Netflix.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #1257
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
The movie is fine, or at least I don't remember it being horrible. And gives some background to the new characters, but I don't know if it's necessary to view, you could probably just jump into the first season.

And yes there was an animated mini series that were short episodes, but there was talking and they were awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...2003_TV_series)

They aren't on Netflix, and you don't need to watch those to get into the series on Netflix.
the movie was ok, but a little kid centric, but it really gives some great background into the movies, and makes the order 66 thing more painful because you get to know the Clones on a very personal basis.

The movie is out of order with the series that's the tough part. But it does work if you watch the movie and then watch the series in order.

The series is pretty light in the first year, by season six it gets very dark with 5 being the darkest and you get to see how thoroughly Palpatine has manipulated everything. You get to see the worst in Anakin a couple of times with you really seeing what he would be like as Vader for a brief moment in season 6.

I really enjoyed the season I thought for the most part it was well written, there are only a few dedicated Jar Jar episodes, the clone centric episodes are the best ones.

I'm looking forward to the new series Rebels, I think it has potential to be awesome.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #1258
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished the Green Lantern animated series and it blew me away. Currently looking online to see who/where to direct my anger at over its cancellation.

On the third episode of the Clone Wars and the writing is so much clunkier, episodes drag (but I admit most shows take a while to get rolling.)
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #1259
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Just finished the Green Lantern animated series and it blew me away. Currently looking online to see who/where to direct my anger at over its cancellation.

On the third episode of the Clone Wars and the writing is so much clunkier, episodes drag (but I admit most shows take a while to get rolling.)
there are some really excellent episodes later on in season one. Off the top of my head Rookies, Hidden Enemies, the Ryloth Series and Hostage Crisis are all excellent

Season 2 is really strong in my opinion but still pretty light, everyone is a hero blah blah blah

Season three is one of the best seasons with most of the episodes being very strong. You also start to see the darkening of the Republic, and some reasons for the Anakin fall.

Season 4 is very dark and a lot of questions start rising, it has the best story arc of the series that starts with Darkness on Umbara and then continues with that fall of the galaxy into darkness as Darth Sidious continues his manipulations.

I think they realized that they needed to lighten things up in season 5 and there are two unbearable arcs back to back with the Jedi children arc followed by the Droid adventure arc. But the series plunges back into darkness, you get to see what a true Sith Lord can do and the season ends on a serious dark note. Its also interesting to note that Ian Abercrombie who played the voice of Palpatine died part way through the season and was replaced with Tim Currey who did a fantastic job in the final episode.

Season 6 was what it was, there were a couple of really good story lines but the middle ones weren't great but you did get to see Ani taking another step towards his ultimate destiny.

Not every series is perfect, but Clone Wars had way more good episodes then bad, and if your a fan of Storm Troopers you can understand where they came from.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #1260
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Archer season 4 is on there now.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: