Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
COGENT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Where to buy jerseys for a rec hockey team?

Hey CP!

Some buddies and I are starting a new rec hockey team this summer and we are on the look out for some jerseys. I have been doing some internet research and a lot of the companies don't give prices on their website and I thought I would see if anyone has experience doing this.

Has anyone bought jerseys for a team before? If so where did you buy them and approximately what did you pay? It would be cool if there was a local company but again I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
COGENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

it is my understanding that there are a lot of variables with respect tot eh price:
- logo
- style of jersey (practice type versus something more offical)
- weight of the jersey
- numbers on the sleeve etc

i think that you can expect to pay anywhere from $1500 to $2500 for about 17 jersies, double that if you want home and away.

i'd look in the yellow pages under sportswear - or youmight consider trying one of the several hockey specialty shops.
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

At the Heckle this year Soulchoice, I think thats who it was anyways said he works for a company. Seemed like some pretty good prices. Maybe shoot him a PM
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

There have been two seperate teams in my league that have used Saxon jerseys. I am interested in finding out more about them - they are completely sublimated and the numbers and crest are all built right into the printing of the fabric (which allows for more intricate and colorful cresting, and allows for, I assume, no cost to put numbers on the arms of the jersey.

I have to get a set of jerseys for my company team, and I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them, price, where you could get them in Calgary (I have found a website, but with jerseys would like a more hands on approach), how they have worn, how the sizing has been (does XL fit the average player etc).
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

We went through CalCrests. We stole the Ottawa 67s logo, someone did some photoshopping, tweaking colours and we got the Calgary Puckers logo. I think someone from the site did it. Anyway, here are ours. About $400 for the kit, home and away, iirc.

Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayems For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

x2 for CalCrests. I went through them for our HNA team, and yeah, it was just under $400 for embroidered crests, full triple coloured numbers, and matching name bars. Home & Away jerseys, with matching socks. Most places will charge by the letter / number, and the costs will differ on styles / colours etc. I averaged out the letter/number costs across the team order.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
COGENT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
There have been two seperate teams in my league that have used Saxon jerseys. I am interested in finding out more about them - they are completely sublimated and the numbers and crest are all built right into the printing of the fabric (which allows for more intricate and colorful cresting, and allows for, I assume, no cost to put numbers on the arms of the jersey.

I have to get a set of jerseys for my company team, and I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them, price, where you could get them in Calgary (I have found a website, but with jerseys would like a more hands on approach), how they have worn, how the sizing has been (does XL fit the average player etc).
I just found these guys www.saxonathletic.com. Their distributor in Calgary is a company called Beast (phone 403 283 6199). Their basic fit jersey is $65.00 and you can do absolutely anything you want on it, this includes extra numbers, names, colours at no extra cost. I was talking to Darrin at Beast and he seemed to be very knowledgeable... let him know I recommended you and maybe I'll get a break on my cost.
The Following User Says Thank You to COGENT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I definitly second getting in touch with Soulchoice.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
DrPepper
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
We went through CalCrests. We stole the Ottawa 67s logo, someone did some photoshopping, tweaking colours and we got the Calgary Puckers logo. I think someone from the site did it. Anyway, here are ours. About $400 for the kit, home and away, iirc.

Shiet.. I like it. I've been planning on doing something like this too for a while now, but with a different name.
DrPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only thing I don't like is that the A is about as big as the Logo. I'd look into that wherever you decide. See how big they are first.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
arloiginla
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I know Pro Hockey Life and River City Sports both do it...RCS even offers to design the logo for you I believe (for extra $$$ of course).
arloiginla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arloiginla For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
disco_inferno
The lesser known Sedin brother

Exp:

I did these for the U of A Mining Club last year in Edmonton through elite sportswear (there is one in Calgary too). Beautiful work, great quality, and they make sure you're happy with everything before and after purchase. They were about 180 per, with all the sponsor patches, full 2x twill embroidery, and fully embroidered logo. Big thanks to the industry sponsors who hooked us up.

disco_inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to disco_inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks guys for suggesting the guys in this thread seeking jerseys for any sport to contact me. I can give a quote to anyone on CP, that will most certainly save the teams money. Feel free to PM me and let me know your contact info and what you might want. I can and will take care of you.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soulchoice For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
I definitly second getting in touch with Soulchoice.
Ill third that, great guy to deal with.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
Rifleman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just want one custom jersey. Do some places do that, or is it a minimum number you have to order?

Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
Thanks guys for suggesting the guys in this thread seeking jerseys for any sport to contact me. I can give a quote to anyone on CP, that will most certainly save the teams money. Feel free to PM me and let me know your contact info and what you might want. I can and will take care of you.

PM sent.
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
COGENT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post

What league and division are you guys in?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #18
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hna 6
Old 01-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #19
COGENT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think that's the division we are trying to join for the summer. You guys doing summer league? What do you think of HNA?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #20
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no complaints. The ice times are in tune with most other rec leagues (IE: you get some late, some early games). Yes we are playing in the summer.

Better than the NCHL if only for HNA not having the dumb penalty rule, IMO. Lots of divisions which is great, but there's really not that much difference between the teams in Divs 5-7, I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayems For This Useful Post:

Tags
hockey , jerseys , rec , team