Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
Guest1

Danny Trejo is supposed to be in Season 4. He's an ultimate bad guy!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just started watching this show a few days ago, and I'm already through 2+ seasons! I think it's great, one of my new favourite shows, I'd put it up there with Breaking Bad (though slightly below with regards to overall quality) as the two best drama's currently on television (though if Game of Thrones continues to be as good as it has been, could be a three way race before long).

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov

Last edited by kipperfan; 06-01-2011 at 11:56 AM.
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #23
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

I finished season 3 a few days ago.

Spoiler!

Opie is by far the best.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
jhunt223
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good?

Last edited by jhunt223; 07-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.
jhunt223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt223 View Post
I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good? I should have known better to watch anything with FX's name on it.
It took me a good year to finish the first season. I hated it, but it does get better. There is one character (Stahl) that I hate, but it does improve and is worth watching.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #26
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I've just finished the 5th episode of season 1 and am having a hard time deciding if i want to invest any more time into this garbage. Does all the unnecessary dramatic crap stop eventually, or does the mother of the main character stick around for good? I should have known better than to watch anything with FX's name on it.
Seriously? FX has some of the best TV shows on television. Outside HBO and AMC, FX has by far the best line-up.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #27
jhunt223
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Seriously? FX has some of the best TV shows on television. Outside HBO and AMC, FX has by far the best line-up.
Yeah you're right. I was thinking about showtime, though from what I've seen from FX (The Shield, SOA) I'm not a fan of it either. I'm going to give SOA atleast a season though since biker gangs are so bad ass.

Last edited by jhunt223; 07-21-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #28
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah you're right. I was thinking about showtime, though from what I've seen from FX (The Shield, SOA) I'm not a fan of it either. I'm going to give SOA atleast a season though since biker gangs are so bad ass.
FX also has Justified, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #29
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You didn't like the Shield?? I've honestly haven't run into someone who at least didn't like it a little bit. The Shield was unreal TV.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #30
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have all three seasons on my home PC...

I may have to do a marathon session again to watch all again...
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #31
jhunt223
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
You didn't like the Shield?? I've honestly haven't run into someone who at least didn't like it a little bit. The Shield was unreal TV.
I tried watching it after I had just finished The Wire for the first time and it was like switching from drinking champagne to drinking toilet wine. With The Wire it was easy to forget you were watching television and with The Shield it was hard to forget that you were. The one taxi scene in the first season of Louis was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while though, so I'll probably give all these FX shows another try this summer with a more open mind.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #32
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I tried watching it after I had just finished The Wire for the first time and it was like switching from drinking champagne to drinking toilet wine. With The Wire it was easy to forget you were watching television and with The Shield it was hard to forget that you were. The one taxi scene in the first season of Louis was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while though, so I'll probably give all these FX shows another try this summer with a more open mind.
You should check out Justified with Timothy Olyphant. He makes that show awesome and he is in almost every scene.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #33
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Justified is awesome as well. I really wish we had FX in Canada, it sucks to have to wait for these shows to air.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone watching this season? It is great so far. I like the new cast additions. Dany Trijo (sp?) is awesome.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #35
Guest1

Yes! Haven't watched last night's episode yet. Still trying to get used to Jax's short hair.
Did you know "Chucky" (the masturbator) is an accomplished artist in real life? And that Scott Glenn was supposed to play "Clay"?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #36
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did you know Kurt Sutter, the writer of SOA also was a writer for "The Sheild"and Kurt also plays the role of Otto and is married to Katey (Gemma) Segal?

I love the show! I got my hands on season one a few years ago and just recently decided to give it a try. watched the whole damn series from start to season 4 ep 9 in a few weeks. Only 4 episodes left this year, withdrawl coming soon!

Last edited by Methanolic; 11-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #37
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kurt also played Margos, that crazy Armenian with the foot fetish in the Shield.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #38
Guest1

The guy with no fingers is an accomplished artist and the guy in prison with the voice box is the guy that started the Hells Angels.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #39
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

mmmmmm head chilli
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #40
simmonjam1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Happy (David LaBrava) is a member of the Hells Angels as well.
simmonjam1 is offline   Reply With Quote