Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2022, 12:56 AM   #101
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
You don't have to defend them. I just wish there was the same hype for up-and-coming bands.

Enjoy the show. They're fun live.
Oh I wasn't really trying to defend them, they don't need that, they're just a band doing their thing. Just meant that in the music industry, they really don't make sense as a target for indie bands not making it. They're a real band that came up the proper way and made it, and then suffered hiatuses and falling outs, and has twice come back after long breaks to make music and play live again.

That's not your target for the plight of indie bands, imo. The fans rushing to see Blink play aren't taking away from joe indie band from Wisconsin, there's a whole bull**** industry doing that.

The pop music industry is much more to blame if you're upset about small, indie bands not getting exposure and money/tours.

Last edited by jayswin; 10-12-2022 at 01:00 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #102
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snagged 2 tickets thanks everyone for the heads up
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #103
jayswin

Exp:

Anyone else actually buy anything on the first pre-sale? I'm going to wait, that was pretty bad selection once I got in (2000 in queue).
Old 10-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #104
jayswin

Exp:

Pretty surprised by the prices, too. Foo Fighters I figured were their comparable, and I got 4 tickets for $150 each, 2nd row, 2 tier right over the stage for that show.

I left a couple of pairs on this Blink sale due to price alone. $120 for most of the "meh" seats in the second tier. $200 for good seats and around $300 for any really good seats anywhere near the stage. Then $350 for pit tickets.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #105
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Anyone else actually buy anything on the first pre-sale? I'm going to wait, that was pretty bad selection once I got in (2000 in queue).
I had to buy 5 tickets so my options were limited anyway. $350 for pit tickets is absurd. Seems to vary venue to venue so I'd imagine it's the Saddledome charging more there.

Ended up with Section 225 fairly high up. I'm too old for the pit anyway.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #106
BlindMilwaukee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yeah I begrudgingly got a pair on the floor (not pit). Yeah prices are pretty crazy. Kind of annoyed with that.

I was 2000+ in queue and it crashed a few times but the whole process took about 20 mins.

Last edited by BlindMilwaukee; 10-12-2022 at 10:42 AM.
BlindMilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:29 AM   #107
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I had to buy 5 tickets so my options were limited anyway. $350 for pit tickets is absurd. Seems to vary venue to venue so I'd imagine it's the Saddledome charging more there.

Ended up with Section 225 fairly high up. I'm too old for the pit anyway.
Yeah, I've changed my concert attendance taste. At this point I've done so many shows in the cheaper, further back seats and now I'll just do good seats or not go.

In my 20's you still made an event of it by getting really drunk and going crazy. Now I get upper 2nd tier seats for a saddledome show and get the "why did I spend money on this night" feeling.

I'll hold out and see if I can get better in the next pre-sale or main sale.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:34 AM   #108
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I've changed my concert attendance taste. At this point I've done so many shows in the cheaper, further back seats and now I'll just do good seats or not go.

In my 20's you still made an event of it by getting really drunk and going crazy. Now I get upper 2nd tier seats for a saddledome show and get the "why did I spend money on this night" feeling.

I'll hold out and see if I can get better in the next pre-sale or main sale.
Yeah, I actually usually agree with you but this time I'm taking my sisters who don't care where they sit so I figured I'd rather be with everyone up high than down low by myself. They've never seen blink so it will be fun. I've seen them a few times before too, so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'll be living through them for this one.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2022, 10:35 AM   #109
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Nothing against Blink, I was a fan before they added the 182, but it bums me out to see the huge hype for their tour while many indie bands I want to see are cancelling tours because it’s too expensive for them.

nm
Old 10-12-2022, 10:38 AM   #110
jayswin

Exp:

Damn, I scored 212, row 13, 3 tickets. Now I got decide if I just take them. $400 for 3.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:59 PM   #111
jayswin

Exp:

If anyone is okay with side stage I'd jump on now. They opened up 4 sections, 2 on each side with tons of tickets available..

135 second tier, 200 row 1 second tier, 280 lower bowl i think. Blink doesn't do weird or elaborate stage set ups so you should be fine fornsight
Old 10-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #112
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if i would be up to the chaos that would be floor seating with entering and exiting with the pit crowds

any recommended sections? what about 227?
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:46 PM   #113
jayswin

Exp:

I wouldn't be too worried about the pit this time around. Most blink fans are mid to late 30's and 40's now, plus pit tickets are like $350. That combination is going to lead to a pretty tame floor.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #114
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be too worried about the pit this time around. Most blink fans are mid to late 30's and 40's now, plus pit tickets are like $350. That combination is going to lead to a pretty tame floor.
yeah I saw the floor/pit prices . no one that shells out 300-700 is going to be a hormone fuelled 20 something . it should be a great nostalgic little party for 30-40 year olds
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #115
jayswin

Exp:

I had been following this pre-sale all day and I can't believe how many tickets were put up and sold. I checked often and saw what appeared to be a solid 8-9k seats up for sale and gone.

Plus there's another live nation pre-sale tomorrow. This concert configuration is about 14k max. Can't imagine more than 2-3k tickets available to the general public on Monday. I am so excited, and genuinely shocked at the hype and demand for this tour.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:07 PM   #116
jayswin

Exp:

I mean I'm a huge Blink fan so it was always going to get me, but Blink had wained even before Skiba joined. In 2011 they played to 5500 fans at the Dome (just over 1/3 full). But then I remind myself that time is going by quickly and this show will be TWELVE YEARS since that show.

And I guess it seems that pop punk is back in a major way. My Chemical Romance played to 6000 fans at the Dome at their absolute peak in the mid 2000's. But because they went away and came back at the right time (pop punk back/post covid restrictions) their concerts sold out in seconds all over the world. They never even did that when they were dominating the charts, lol.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:36 PM   #117
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

the pit was rad in 2011 . I didnt even notice the building was just 1/3 full. will be my 4th blink concert .. I think they have been here 5 times total?
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2022, 12:29 AM   #118
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
the pit was rad in 2011 . I didnt even notice the building was just 1/3 full. will be my 4th blink concert .. I think they have been here 5 times total?
Edgefest 2001
Reunion 2009
Neighbourhoods album 2011
Xfest 2013
Skiba version at Cowboys tent 2016
Reunion number 2 2023

Yep.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2022, 12:34 AM   #119
jayswin

Exp:

That show at the new LA Rams stadium will be insane. That's their only stadium (and I believe first) on the tour and the stadium seats about 70000 for concerts. Their pre-sale looks very similar to Calgary with just beside/behind the stage tickets left.

Very cool and kind of surreal to have their biggest show ever played 30 years after they formed and waaaaay past their biggest commercial success.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #120
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone have a code for today?

Tags
calgary , concerts , western canada