Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #1521
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edge!!!!
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:53 PM   #1522
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

“Holy #### you look good” Orton to Edge
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #1523
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

He looks like Chiampa's demented dad. Sounds like he's around til Wrestlemania. So either we see a 30 minutes snoozefest of HHH The Ah Game Ah against Edge, or Orton vs Edge.

Riddle who has shot his mouth off at Lesnar for a while and Lesnar have a back stage confrontation. I don't care what you think of Lesnar, that's a guy that you don't mess with

https://lordsofpain.net/new-report-o...e-altercation/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:41 PM   #1524
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

My pool sucked this year:

Women's Royal Rumble: Naomi (18), Beth Phoenix (19), Kelly Kelly (21)

Men's Royal Rumble numbers: MVP (12), Keith Lee (13), Matt Riddle (23).

We do winner of each match gets 1/3 of the pot, and most combined eliminations gets 1/3 of the pot.

I clearly didn't win, and had a total of 1 elimination.

Not a great night for me.

All that said, Edge is what 3 years younger than Jericho. Look at Jericho at the cruise last Wednesday on AEW, and look at Edge tonight. If I told you one hasn't wrestled in 9 years, and one is World Champion, if you had to guess which was which, you'd totally guess wrong.

Holy crap, I wish I looked as good as Edge at my age let alone when I'm 46!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 09:55 PM   #1525
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I ordered the network for a day just to watch this, on a whim. I’m a very casual wrestling fan and don’t follow it closely.

I thought it was pretty good honestly. Lesnar mowing guys down told a good story IMO.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #1526
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t follow anywhere near I used to, but I still recall Drew McIntyre as part of the Nexus angle. And basically part of the job squad for years after. (3MB)

Luckily he fit Vince’s body shape and type so always got further chances other guys didn’t.

And, willing to do whatever it took to stay part of the business...looking at his wiki just now, and all the ups and downs and not giving up on it, even after the WWE releases, he certainly earned this, going Indy circuit for 3 years.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:47 PM   #1527
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There was an excellent special on Drew on the Network, he doesn't question why Vince let him go. It made him a better professional.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 11:59 PM   #1528
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
All that said, Edge is what 3 years younger than Jericho. Look at Jericho at the cruise last Wednesday on AEW, and look at Edge tonight. If I told you one hasn't wrestled in 9 years, and one is World Champion, if you had to guess which was which, you'd totally guess wrong.

Holy crap, I wish I looked as good as Edge at my age let alone when I'm 46!
Looks like Jericho had too much of the bubbly

But in all fairness, Jericho has been working on so many different projects so his time is limited in what he can do to work out

Edge canceled his podcast and probably devoted all his time in looking good for the Rumble

Last edited by Scorch; 01-27-2020 at 12:03 AM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:04 AM   #1529
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Just got home. Still hungover.
Got any good photos/stories?

Karaoke with Mox looked hilariously fun
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 12:07 AM   #1530
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post

But in all fairness, Jericho has been working on so many different projects so his time is limited in what he can do to work out

Edge canceled his podcast and probably devoted all his time in looking good for the Rumble

Suppossedly Edge signed a new 3 year contract. I expect that most of it is around creating content for the network, I can't see him wrestling much.

Some other things. Sasha Banks was had her spot taken by Kelly Kelly, it sounds like she's fighting some injury troubles.

Beth got busted open on the back of her head when she over sold a punch and banged her head on the ring post.

There are two new specials on the network tonight, a look at Wrestlemania New York, and a Chronical with the return of John Morrison.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:25 AM   #1531
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Got any good photos/stories?

Karaoke with Mox looked hilariously fun
I'm also curious about this as I've debated doing that cruise the last two years.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:19 AM   #1532
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta say, as much of a big Young Bucks fan as I am, Santana and Ortiz are the best tag team in AEW, and probably top 3 in the world right now.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:29 AM   #1533
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn’t mind the Lesnar spot, it was something actually different for a Rumble.

Plus he let some guys like Keith Lee actually get some offence in, and made Drew look like a million bucks.

Drew had a great night I thought, the Claymore looked awesome especially that last one on Roman.

For the Women’s Rumble they probably should have had Shayna win - or at least come back in and destroy Charlotte after she was eliminated.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 AM   #1534
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn’t mind the Lesnar spot, it was something actually different for a Rumble.

Plus he let some guys like Keith Lee actually get some offence in, and made Drew look like a million bucks.

Drew had a great night I thought, the Claymore looked awesome especially that last one on Roman.

For the Women’s Rumble they probably should have had Shayna win - or at least come back in and destroy Charlotte after she was eliminated.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #1535
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Edge has been in Vikings the last season, at least, maybe the one before too. Not a really big part but still probably took some time. The new season just started about 2 months ago, and I haven't started into it yet, so don't know if he is in it very much. Or, he might have been killed off by now and I can't remember.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #1536
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The new season just started about 2 months ago, and I haven't started into it yet, so don't know if he is in it very much. Or, he might have been killed off by now and I can't remember.
He's in four episodes so far this season according to IMDB. He was in six last season and seven the season before. In 2017 he was only in two when his character was first introduced.

He's also filming a movie.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #1537
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

The Lesnar thing made sense to re-establish how awesome of a monster he is, and they did a great job of it. I agree, they gave Keith Lee some room to grow. Drew came out as the huge step forward on the rumble.

Yeah, I just don't care all that much about Charlotte, she's pretty boring, She's decent but really Becky and Ronda made her look way better then she is. I honestly expected Rousey to make an appearance last nigh.

I liked that they gave Alexa a bump, she's been buried for a while now, also Bianca looked like a billion bucks.

That Lacey vs Bayley match was a trainwreck, neither character works.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #1538
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like AJ's elimination wasn't planned that way and happened because he got hurt when Edge speared him. That's why it looked awkward.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #1539
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best rumble match in a long time

they have been turning Drew face slowly lately and he looked like an absolute star last night, how they booked Lesnar early made his elimination a massive spot, and there were great moments before hand too, keith lee, new day and Rey etc. Hope they start setting drew vs brock up tonight

I thought becky vs asuka was their best match together.

I dont mind charlotte winning that much, just have her challenge Bayley please. I kind of have a feeling though that they are setting up a horsewoman 4 way with Charlotte, becky, sasha, and bayley

Ideal would be charlotte vs bayley and becky vs Shayna

Lacey Evan's is gonna get a rocketship but I dont think her in ring work is ready for it, glad bayley retained.

Bryant and the Fiend was good, they need the title off the fiend though. Just doesnt work with the character. Hope he loses at elimination chamber, wonder if they run him vs taker at WM?

Also Tom Phillip's is back over Vic Joseph which I'm really happy with, Phillip's and Graves were great together but just having him on raw is an improvement, hope Lawler is gone ASAP as well, I'd take Sexton at this point.

Didnt watch live but nxt worlds collide has some awesome matches, the 4 way for the cruiserweight, DIY vs mustache mountain, and imperium vs UE were all takeover quality. Sounds like Wolfe is gonna be ok as well, looked scary

Balor v dragunov and Ripley v toni storm werent bad, just not at the same level
Old 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #1540
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Looks like AJ's elimination wasn't planned that way and happened because he got hurt when Edge speared him. That's why it looked awkward.
He was holding his shoulder

Hope it's not long term