Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #81
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
So, I'm getting into a game soon for the first time in a decade. This is Phrixus, my Ranger (1) Centaur who enjoys wine too much. Let the adventures begin!
Unlocked Level 4! Off to The Isle Of Dread.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #82
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireframe View Post
Never played it. Is it fun? How does it compare to D&D 5e besides the theme?
FFG has their own dice system which is interesting, they refer to it as narrative dice. Basically it's a pass/fail system that scales in difficulty. On top of the pass fail, there are advantage and disadvantage die. So you can succeed, but with a disadvantage, or the other way around.

For instance, you roll to shoot your blaster at a Storm Trooper, you fail the roll and miss, however rolled 2 advantage symbols, so the GM could interpret that as you missed your shot wide left, but hit the control panel for the blaster door and it closed on top of the Storm Trooper.. or something to that effect. It gives the GM some wiggle room, and its encouraged that players come up with their own advantages and disadvantages, and then reward their creativity, roleplaying etc..

I really like it.. but obviously the standard 5E system is just the gold standard still. It is nice to try something different, and FFG is known for their polish and amazing artwork.