Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #21
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Rule #1- for this thread pretend the graphic novels do not exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Can I post a picture of the way Negan looks in the comics?
I can see that the issues from the old thread are going to continue haunting us here...
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #22
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
If it isnt a main character then thats a HUGE copout. I'd be disappointed in that.

It seems to me that the whole point of this story arc is to cut Rick down. Its his reckoning. And the only way to do that is to have Rick lose someone important to him.

Obviously he loves Michonne, hes good friends with Abraham, he considers Daryl his brother but Aaron and Eugene? They're handy but you can take 'em or leave 'em. Glenn works too but oddly enough hes been a peripheral character for the back half of this season but hes an original so it'll work.
Yeah Aaron and Eugene are throwaways for Rick, He would be devastated to see the kills but it wouldn't cut him down.

I feel this upcoming death will have more of an effect on Rick then when Hershel died. It changed Rick into a kill or be killed type of leader, this may turn him into a Morgan type leader.

Damn you AMC.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 04-04-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #23
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Eugene handed over his only reason for being around to Rick(plans for bullets). He also had a nice chat with Abe about being a super duper guy, providing closure on that. Dude is done for.
Too obvious. Therefore, it won't be him. The show will go for a bigger surprise than that, but it likely won't be any of the big names...I think.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I can see that the issues from the old thread are going to continue haunting us here...
Is the issue from the old thread that you're being a drama queen?

I asked if it was ok to post a picture, which isn't a spoiler or anything. UCB said he didn't want to see it, so I didn't post it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #25
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went off the board a little and picked Sasha for a few reasons:

1) She's been around a while, but isn't part of the "core".

2) She's black. I don't know if any of you noticed, but the black characters have been getting killed off at a more regular percentage compared to other cast members. Maybe I'm just cynical.

3) She has a blossoming love interest with Abe, which he left Rosita over. This could turn Abe into a rageaholic, and maybe he'll go all Rambo in the woods attacking the saviours guerrilla style over and over again, with Rosita at his side again.

I don't know really. I'm could just as easily come up with reasons as to why every character would be gone.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #26
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
I am convinced its Glenn at the receiving end of the bat. Too many close calls through the season and it builds a stronger revenge storyline than taking out one of the other "sort of" main characters. (Rosita, Eugene, Sasha, Aaron)
See, I'm not so convinced. Ever since the mid-season Premiere Glenn has been more of a periphery figure. Hes a fan favourite thats sort of been put on the back-burner lately.

Hes almost too obvious.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #27
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
See, I'm not so convinced. Ever since the mid-season Premiere Glenn has been more of a periphery figure. Hes a fan favourite thats sort of been put on the back-burner lately.

Hes almost too obvious.
I believe they need to keep Glenn and Maggie alive to promote the relationship between Hilltop and Alexandra.

IE: they finally get her to the Doctor and sort the baby out. This cements Rick's desire to form an alliance with Hilltop. Then you have Morgan riding in on his horse singing about how great the Armoured Horsemen are.

Bingo, Bango, you suddenly are talking numbers that can match Negan.

Rick needs to run home and hide the weapons.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #28
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Is the issue from the old thread that you're being a drama queen?

I asked if it was ok to post a picture, which isn't a spoiler or anything. UCB said he didn't want to see it, so I didn't post it.
I thought that "pretend the graphic novels do not exist" is a pretty simple rule to understand, but I guess it isn't for some. that's ok, it'll take some ongoing policing to make sure ken0042's mandate is followed. I just thought your post was funny because it was like 5 down from the very clear instructions above it.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #29
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Yeah Aaron and Eugene are throwaways for Rick, He would be devastated to see the kills but it wouldn't cut him down.

I feel this upcoming death will have more of an effect on Rick then when Hershel died. It changed Rick into a kill or be killed type of leader, this may turn him into a Morgan type leader.

Damn you AMC.
I actually wonder if it'll have the opposite effect and turn him into more of a 'Negan-like' leader.

Rick has never shown that he enjoys the violence and up until recently hes never been the aggressor whereas Negan's little song and dance routine last night demonstrates that Negan does indeed enjoy it very much, he acts as though bashing people's heads in with his bat is his very favourite thing.

And then at the point when, I imagine we get to the point where Rick and Negan get to some sort of face-off Rick is probably going to enjoy it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
The original thread that covers Seasons 1 through 6 can be found here:
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=96882

Rule #1- for this thread pretend the graphic novels do not exist.
This is done for obvious spoiler reasons, however we do not even want discussion saying "in the comics they killed Jane Doe differently." The reason being is that only brings the conversation around to a discussion of the comics; which we don't want.
The only exception to this rule is to remind people when they complain about how cheesy something was, that it was based on a comic. Nothing specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I thought that "pretend the graphic novels do not exist" is a pretty simple rule to understand, but I guess it isn't for some. that's ok, it'll take some ongoing policing to make sure ken0042's mandate is followed. I just thought your post was funny because it was like 5 down from the very clear instructions above it.
Well when you cut out most of his post, yeah I could see how you would think my post is funny. If you continued to read the rest of his post...

I thought it would fall under that category. It was nothing specific, it was a picture of Negan to compare him to the casting choice.

But hey, keep fighting the good fight.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #31
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved Jeffrey Dean Morgan there. And the tension of the episode was really palpable. By the end I was getting legitimately anxious. Wish they'd showed the victim though, or rather, made it clear whose perspective we were getting.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #32
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I actually wonder if it'll have the opposite effect and turn him into more of a 'Negan-like' leader.

Rick has never shown that he enjoys the violence and up until recently hes never been the aggressor whereas Negan's little song and dance routine last night demonstrates that Negan does indeed enjoy it very much, he acts as though bashing people's heads in with his bat is his very favourite thing.

And then at the point when, I imagine we get to the point where Rick and Negan get to some sort of face-off Rick is probably going to enjoy it.
Hmm that's a good point. I never thought of that, but it makes sense. IIRC The Governor broke Rick out of the we don't kill the living mindset.

I wish I could change my vote from Daryl. I forgot about Dwight I think they'll keep him alive and have him in a conflict with Dwight, with one of them dying in the MSF.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #33
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Hmm that's a good point. I never thought of that, but it makes sense. IIRC The Governor broke Rick out of the we don't kill the living mindset.

I wish I could change my vote from Daryl. I forgot about Dwight I think they'll keep him alive and have him in a conflict with Dwight, with one of them dying in the MSF.
I think Dwight or another Lieutenant is going in Morgan's cell

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #34
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

This is like a super intense/devastating version of the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" episode.

My pick is Eugene.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #35
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You can bet your bottom dollar it'll be a "core" member.

Aka not Eugene or Aaron.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #36
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Eugene handed over his only reason for being around to Rick(plans for bullets). He also had a nice chat with Abe about being a super duper guy, providing closure on that. Dude is done for.
Or that what they want you to think? Pretty sure the showrunners are self aware enough to know what the blatantly obvious choice would be.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #37
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Abraham is my vote. His arc in the last few episodes seem to foreshadow it to me.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LanceUppercut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #38
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was trying to think of how long everyone has been on the show, so I checked IMDB...

On the first episode and still alive: Rick, Carl, Glenn, and Morgan.

First appeared in Episode 3 of the first season: Daryl and Carol.

Maggie's first appearance: Season 2, Episode 2.

Michonne's first appearance: Season 3, Episode 1 (teased in Season 2 Finale).

This next one surprised me... After Michonne, the character who has been around the longest is Sasha, who first appeared in Episode 8 of Season 3.

Next is Tara (S4,E6), then Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita (S4,E10).

No matter who got up close and personal with Lucille, it will be someone who has been around for a while (unless it's Aaron).
Old 04-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #39
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Or that what they want you to think? Pretty sure the showrunners are self aware enough to know what the blatantly obvious choice would be.
Which is what they want you to think. It's the old double obvious switcharoo. Don't be fooled.

/battle of wits has begun!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
V
Old 04-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #40
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just thinking, its probably very fortuitous that the Paintball Armour dudes ran into Morgan first while they saw first hand him trying to be merciful to that Saviour as opposed to running into maybe Rick or Daryl.

I'm betting thats going to be huge going forward.