Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #381
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bump.
First two episodes of Fargo season 4 starts Sunday September 27th on FX.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #382
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Anyone watching Fargo? There's a lot going on this season. I'm not sure I like the casting of Chris Rock after all. Not a very intimidating guy for that role.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #383
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 4 has been great. I really liked the recent East-West episode and would rank it near the top episode of the 4 seasons. All seasons have been brilliant. I like how season 4 is starting to tie in with season 2.
pepper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #384
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 3 was a little bit of a letdown (but still great), but this season has been a return to form. In my opinion, this series is one of the very best of this golden age of television (right up there with Breaking Bad, the Wire, Deadwood, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Handmaid's Tale, etc.)
Old 11-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #385
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper24 View Post
Season 4 has been great. I really liked the recent East-West episode and would rank it near the top episode of the 4 seasons. All seasons have been brilliant. I like how season 4 is starting to tie in with season 2.
Interesting.
I really didn't like the last episode. Maybe I missed what they were trying to achieve with it, it didn't land for me.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #386
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i have been trying to like this season but it is slow. Some good moments and characters but I find it is missing something.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #387
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
i have been trying to like this season but it is slow. Some good moments and characters but I find it is missing something.
For me it's missing the quirky stuck in the middle of this situation characters from previous seasons.

Be in the Lester Nygards or the small town Minnesota police officers suddenly dealing with insane criminals beyond their usual scope.

I'm finding the season ok, but it's a bit too gang vs gang and lacking the likeable people in the middle.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #388
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
For me it's missing the quirky stuck in the middle of this situation characters from previous seasons.

Be in the Lester Nygards or the small town Minnesota police officers suddenly dealing with insane criminals beyond their usual scope.

I'm finding the season ok, but it's a bit too gang vs gang and lacking the likeable people in the middle.
I couldn't put my finger on it but I think you nailed it.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #389
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I agree with Winsor. The quirk of the show is that people are in situations that are so out of the scope of where they should be. I'm also finding this as a flat season although I did like the previous episode more than the others, so I'm hoping for a good payoff come near the end.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #390
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

Fair criticism, although I think Patrick Milligan (the Irish guy who grew up "fostered" by the Fadda crime family) sort of plays that role this season.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #391
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not enjoying this season as much as the previous ones.

My wife stopped watching so I’m finishing the season myself.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #392
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

She’s not a fan of the Wizard of Oz?
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #393
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just catching up and finished episode 8 last night. I agree with others, this season isn't nearly as good as previous. Only real quirky character is Oreatta Mayflower. Everyone else is pretty bland.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #394
pepper24
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Milligan!!
pepper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #395
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The premiere of this season didn't grab me, I was just thinking this morning that I should catch up. But it doesn't sound like I've missed much.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:49 AM   #396
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fargo has been renewed for a fifth season: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...-5-1235095463/

No word on where the season will be shot, if they're returning to Calgary or going somewhere else again.

Something interesting I recently found out when the Oscar nominations were announced, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are a real life couple who first met when playing a couple on season 2 of Fargo, shot in Southern Alberta. Also, Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are a real life couple who first met when playing a couple on season 3 of Fargo, shot in Southern Alberta.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:53 AM   #397
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Fargo has been renewed for a fifth season: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...-5-1235095463/

No word on where the season will be shot, if they're returning to Calgary or going somewhere else again.

Something interesting I recently found out when the Oscar nominations were announced, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are a real life couple who first met when playing a couple on season 2 of Fargo, shot in Southern Alberta. Also, Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are a real life couple who first met when playing a couple on season 3 of Fargo, shot in Southern Alberta.
IIRC Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead did not last very long. Also, both Carrie Coon and Bokeem Woodbine were in Fargo S3 and S2 and ended up back here in Calgary to film Ghostbusters Afterlife.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:11 AM   #398
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
IIRC Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead did not last very long.
I believe they're still together and just had a baby last summer.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:27 PM   #399
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Imagine the weird face babies
Old 02-17-2022, 01:32 PM   #400
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Imagine the weird face babies
When they were here, a bunch of friends said they had seen Discount Damon or Meth Damon having some good times at The National.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote