Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Therapeutic Botox prescribers?

Hi,
I don’t have a family doctor, last one left the province. I’m looking for consultation and prescription if required regarding therapeutic treatment with Botox through a pain management provider.

Dentists are happy to offer the service, but at of course typical dentist rates plus product. Has anyone explored this route with a prescribing doctor, or know if this is something wall in clinic mds would be willing to engage on?

Cheers.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #2
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most dermatology clinics will do the Botox regimen consultations as well, but much like Dentists, it's an absolute racket. They all try to have insurance pre-approvals in place and run up the tab. It ends up being about $1,000 worth of product along with 2-300 worth of non-insured (although usually covered if you have an HSA with balance) injection fees.
Ducay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, a dermatology clinic would be fine. I go here for medical treatment only, and I know they up-charge like crazy, but you can get an idea of what prices will be, they are listed here.

https://beaconderm.com/treatments/injectables.html
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A colleague of my wife works here, but I think getting in is an issue since the newest Covid restrictions were put in. You could send them an email inquiry to see what's up.

https://www.nurseinjectornicole.com/
Old 12-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #5
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Hi,
I don’t have a family doctor, last one left the province. I’m looking for consultation and prescription if required regarding therapeutic treatment with Botox through a pain management provider.

Dentists are happy to offer the service, but at of course typical dentist rates plus product. Has anyone explored this route with a prescribing doctor, or know if this is something wall in clinic mds would be willing to engage on?

Cheers.
I've been getting ~200u injected into my noggin by a physiatrist, and now switched to neurologist every 12 weeks. Always covered by my lousy blue cross plan (and surprisingly not by my usually much better employer plan) edit: around $700 billed to my plan each treatment.

It was kind of weird when I casually mentioned this to my dentist. It was like he wanted some of that action. Can't remember how that conversation came about, i think there was 'We Do Botox!' poster on his wall that prompted the discussion
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post: