Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #181
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I'll go there for lunch tomorrow. Not too far from my SE office either.

Not really crazy about their $1 ribs. I guess I am used to a different style. Can't wait for the summer though to be able to sit outside at a picnic table and chow down.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #182
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah...Friday is my 'Holy Smoke' day, and I went for the beef brisket today. Never lets me down. Excellent stuff.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #183
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went back a couple of days ago. Chicken sandwich was great. Like getting the large so I can try out a variety of sauces.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #184
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Went back a couple of days ago. Chicken sandwich was great. Like getting the large so I can try out a variety of sauces.
I cant eat a large. They are not screwing around with the large sizes. A large sandwich from Holy Smoke will literally ruin my day.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #185
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I cant eat a large. They are not screwing around with the large sizes. A large sandwich from Holy Smoke will literally ruin my day.
I like to think that because it's chicken, it isn't as unhealthy. The Burger Bus however, will pretty much put me in a meat coma for the whole day.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #186
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is Holy Smoke different from Holy Grill?
If no, then they are going to be opening a new location downtown pretty soon (under construction right now).
444 5th Ave.

If yes, then please ignore haha

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #187
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I like to think that because it's chicken, it isn't as unhealthy. The Burger Bus however, will pretty much put me in a meat coma for the whole day.
I think you're right, and because its BBQ it should be at least moderately healthier still.

That said though, its still a lot of food. And if you dont get the chicken and get the pulled pork or beef brisket, or, heaven forbid the Barnyard (combination of all of them in one sandwich) a large will do me in.

And the Burger Bus isnt even lunch anymore, the Burger Bus is the end of the day. Wash it down with a beer, go home and go to bed.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #188
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just discovered that they set up shop in the food court at Deerfoot Outlet Mall. Seemed more expensive than the Manhattan Rd one, but nice that they're open later for a BBQ fix.

Some other cons was, being a food court, the sauces aren't very convenient to grab. I think they get some of the food from another location. They seemed to run out of a few things, and the way the corn bread and salads were packaged, it looked like they got trucked over there.

I'll probably stick with Manhattan Rd location. I prefer the ambience, and having the sauces within close reach... but if you're stuck at Deerfoot Outlet Mall, its the best option there. Surprised people actually were eating from the other vendors when Holy Smoke is there. WTF.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #189
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
I think they get some of the food from another location. They seemed to run out of a few things, and the way the corn bread and salads were packaged, it looked like they got trucked over there.
I went to the Manhattan Rd location last month and when asked, they admitted they get their stuff smoked/bbq'd at the 16th ave location

alittle disappointing.... and they also got rid of their sauce where they used coca cola in it

and for the guy who asked if Holy Smoke and Holy Grill were the same... try Holy Grill someday... good burgers but DEFINATELY not the same
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote