Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #41
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I feel like in Toronto, owners cannot say that pets are not allowed when they rent out their units, but practically, owners who don't want to rent to people with pets simply won't rent to them.
Agreed on this. I don’t rent out to individuals who have pets or kids. I have never told a potential renter that I am not renting to them because they have either. There is nothing to gain to state such.
soulchoice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #42
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
Agreed on this. I don’t rent out to individuals who have pets or kids. I have never told a potential renter that I am not renting to them because they have either. There is nothing to gain to state such.
I think the silly laws about that in Ontario waste a lot of peoples time though. I don't allow pets (in AB, where that is permitted) - and all my ads say "no pets." I still get emails saying "can I have 2 well trained pit bulls and one mostly tame ferret" which I just ignore. But I would feel bad wasting someones time looking at a place and putting in an application if there was no chance I would rent to them.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #43
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Our condo is a solid no to dogs and board approval necessary for cats or anything smaller. Cats are generally approved, but I recall my husband mentioned that when he was on the board, they denied a request to someone who wanted to foster cats. My daughter really wants a cat, but we keep putting her off - perhaps when she's a bit older.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote