Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #261
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Chemo session 5 of 8 this morning, with a switch from the tri-drug cocktail to a new single drug.

Love that this process is moving toward completion as the hockey season will be getting underway. Nine weeks today will be my last chemo session and the Flames will be ten days into their season.

Still winning, but now look like either a James Bond villain or a strange upright hairless cat. Not pretty.

To those that have gotten in my way on the board over the past few months, sorry I'm a little more pissy than usual.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 196 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
420since1974, 8sPOT, AC, Allos, ASP#26525, AustinL_NHL, badger89, bdubbs, BeltlineFan, ben voyonsdonc, Beninho, BigFlameDog, BigRed, bigtmac19, Big_BC_FlamesFan, blankall, BloodFetish, bluck, Boblobla, Boreal, brzeisk13, bubbsy, Buff, Burner, Burninator, burn_this_city, c.t.ner, calgarybornnraised, calgarywinning, Cali Panthers Fan, cam_wmh, Captaincanada80, CaptainCrunch, Cheese, Chingas, chummer, CoconutKing, ColoradoFlamesFan, ComixZone, Completely, cral12, crapshoot, CrunchBite, cupofjoe, Cycling76er, D as in David, darockwilder, DeanOMac, DeluxeMoustache, devo22, dino7c, Dion, Displaced Flames fan, dissentowner, ditty, dolf, DownInFlames, Draug, Erick Estrada, fastpuck, FBI, Fire, firebug, Flamesfan2010, flamesfan55, FlamesFanTrev, FlamesKickAss, FlamesNation23, flame^thrower, FlatLandFlamesFan, Flickered Flame, ForeverFlameFan, Frank MetaMusil, Fuzz, Galakanokis, gargamel, Gaskal, getbak, getoverit, GioforPM, Gravitykillr, GreenHardHat, GreenLantern, guzzy, habernac, HalifaxDrunk, handgroen, Har-Calgary, heep223, Hey Connor, It's Mess, HitterD, Hockey-and_stuff, Homeslice, Huntingwhale, HUSKER4FLAMES, I-Hate-Hulse, IamNotKenKing, icarus, Iceman57, iggy_oi, IliketoPuck, Incogneto, indes, Inferno099, Infinit47, Itse, jayswin, Jetfire, Jimmy Stang, Jiri Hrdina, Joe Nieuwendyk, John Doe, Johnny Makarov, Johnny Rotten, josef, justing, ken0042, Khel, killer_carlson, Kipper is King, kirant, kkaleR, KootenayFlamesFan, Larry David, LChoy, loob job, looooob, mac_82, Manhattanboy, Matata, MBates, mikephoen, miraisoup, MolsonInBothHands, MrButtons, MrMike, Mustache, N-E-B, nightfx, octothorp, Oil Stain, OldSam, ooogabooga, Otto-matic, P-DAZZLE, PaperBagger'14, Party Elephant, Phaneufenstein, Poe969, psyang, puckedoff, PugnaciousIntern, Radio, rayne008, redforever, Redliner, robbie111, Robbob, roberts10, rotten42, Rubicant, Ryan Coke, Saint Troy, savardandjokinen, schteve_d, shadowlord, Shin Pad, skcli, Slacker, Snuffleupagus, SportsJunky, StAlbertFlame, Star-Lord, starseed, Steve Bozek, Strange Brew, stuckinchuck, Superfraggle, SuperMatt18, sworkhard, Textcritic, The Original FFIV, The Yen Man, the2bears, TheCommodoreAfro, TheScorpion, Tilley, Toonage, Travis Munroe, tvp2003, UKflames, underGRADFlame, Vinny01, wireframe, Wormius, Yrebmi
Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #262
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Continued best wishes to you through this fight! More than half-way now!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #263
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great to hear your positivity!
Old 08-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #264
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good to hear!
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #265
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

That explains it.

Keep 'er going Bingo!

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #266
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey Bingo, I haven't added my well wishes in this thread yet. I just wanted to say that the site you created and fostered has been a constant part of my daily routine for the last 14 years. If the chemo ever gets you down just remember you have a lot of people pulling for you to get through it!

Oh, and you owe my work place some man hours. A LOT of man hours! Finish up with this cancer business and then we'll talk about that, okay?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #267
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its good to hear you are making good progress.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #268
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Piss away Bingo.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #269
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Keep up the good fight. The end is near and you can beat this!
Old 08-18-2018, 05:32 AM   #270
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad to hear all is going according to plan Bingo, and no need to apologise--I'm sure I'm not the only one who's happy to see you posting more and I hope it helps take your mind off things. You're always with an insightful take or a new thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #271
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

New drug is a lot easier to manage in days 1 and 2 ... so off to a good start.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #272
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Keep up the good fight. The end is near and you can beat this!

Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #273
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

It wasn't intended to come out the way you are thinking but I do see your point. It doesn't look good.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #274
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Don't worry Bingo, the end is near!!!

*Bet you wish you could you have a do over on that phrasing, hey Dion?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #275
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best wishes! Hope the next weeks continue to go well.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #276
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Don't worry Bingo, the end is near!!!

*Bet you wish you could you have a do over on that phrasing, hey Dion?

It could have been worse - possibly involving "heading towards the light" at the end of the tunnel...

ahh dark humour is my favourite when it comes to dealing with life's challenges.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #277
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Super late to the party--

Glad things are progressing well, Bingo! Keep up the good fight!
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #278
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Final chemo today and I can't believe it!

Thanks for all the support over the past 5-6 months, and putting up with a much pissier Chemo Bingo in hockey debates.

Journey isn't over, I still have a pretty big surgery and then radiation to come, but this rather nasty phase/chapter will be behind me in a few hours (well two weeks when I stop feeling like absolute crap).

I look a lot like that naked bald thing on Lord of the Rings but at least it's almost over!

Thanks again everyone
The Following 125 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
AC, agulati, Always Earned Never Given, atb, badger89, Barnet Flame, bc-chris, Beninho, bigtmac19, billybob123, BloodFetish, bluck, bob-loblaw, Boblobla, Buff, calgarybornnraised, Cflames_12.5, Cheese, chummer, cupofjoe, D as in David, DaQwiz, Deegee, deejay829, DeluxeMoustache, devo22, Dion, Erick Estrada, EVERLAST, evman150, fastpuck, FBI, Fire, firebug, FireFly, FlamesAddiction, FlamesFanStrandedInEDM, FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, flamesrule_kipper34, flame^thrower, ForeverFlameFan, fotiou22, Fredrik, Freeway, Fuzz, gargamel, Gaskal, getbak, GioforPM, GreenHardHat, habernac, heep223, hixxes, Hockey-and_stuff, Homeslice, I-Hate-Hulse, IamNotKenKing, IliketoPuck, indes, Itse, Jay Random, jayswin, Jetfire, Jimmy Stang, Jiri Hrdina, josef, Julio, justing, Kerplunk, Khel, killer_carlson, kirant, KootenayFlamesFan, Krovikan, Larry David, looooob, Loudog, M*A*S*H 4077, Machiavelli, Madman, Maritime Q-Scout, Matty81, Mightyfire89, mikephoen, Minnie, mrkajz44, MrMike, Mustache, Nammer403, Party Elephant, Phaneufenstein, photon, Poe969, psyang, Puppet Guy, Red Slinger, redforever, Redliner, RyZ, Saint Troy, schooner, Scorch, Slacker, Split98, SportsJunky, Steve Bozek, Super-Rye, Superfraggle, The Original FFIV, the2bears, TheIronMaiden, TheScorpion, TimSJ, tknez16, TomLeeMC, Toonage, tvp2003, underGRADFlame, WhiteTiger, Wombat19, woob, wookster, ZedMan, Zoller
Old 10-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #279
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I'm just finding out about this now. Glad to hear everything is going well!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #280
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Final chemo today and I can't believe it!

Thanks for all the support over the past 5-6 months, and putting up with a much pissier Chemo Bingo in hockey debates.

Journey isn't over, I still have a pretty big surgery and then radiation to come, but this rather nasty phase/chapter will be behind me in a few hours (well two weeks when I stop feeling like absolute crap).

I look a lot like that naked bald thing on Lord of the Rings but at least it's almost over!

Thanks again everyone
Primo costume idea.

Happy to hear Bingo, I can't believe it's been 5-6 months already
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote