Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #381
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
Really 1.5 million population not happening even if their is no new rink for 10 years
Ok. Another authority on the issue has f-ing spoken.

Fine. I retract my comments to the same brilliant future predictive team on CP that said Trump couldn't win.

Maybe,just maybe, people aren't as good as predicting the goddamn future as they think?
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #382
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep referee screwed us again on that Ducks' 3rd goal but that is not the reason we lost. I blame Brian Elliot on this lost and also blame the whole team for changing their game once Ducks pulled Gibson. In the first 30 minutes, Flames were playing fast with intensity and playing good physical game. Gibson got pulled and you can tell they slowed the game down and just try to save the lead. I am so ticked off right now especially the way they lost.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #383
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Despite flashes of compete by the Flames, they're down 3-0 in a series. You put as much lipstick on this pig as you want, it's still a pig.
I said they haven't been dominated...they haven't

they have lost 3 one goal games with terrible goaltending
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #384
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gotta come in on the goaltending on this one. Elliot allows 3 bad ones while Bernier goes 16/16 and wins.
Could have had Bernier for free.
Doubt they give Elliot a contract at the cost of a pick after this performance
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #385
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
They were coming hard. Would have pulled the goalie etc.......... Would have been a wild finish
It definitely would have been, but there would have been a bit of a momentum change the Flames way. That's all speculative, I'm honestly just left with such a bad taste in my mouth after that especially with the ducks completing the comeback the way they did.
sadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #386
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Occam's Razor
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #387
lambeburger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I'm dead serious when I say this. I think I'm done with the NHL. The bull#### that's happened ever since the Wideman incident is ridiculous. It's not even fun to watch anymore.
I pay over 2 grand every year in tickets. I think I can find a more fulfilling use of money than watching my favourite team get jobbed by video reviews night in and night out. Seriously this is garbage.
lambeburger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambeburger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #388
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post
Ok. Another authority on the issue has f-ing spoken.

Fine. I retract my comments to the same brilliant future predictive team on CP that said Trump couldn't win.

Maybe,just maybe, people aren't as good as predicting the goddamn future as they think?
Go drunk, you're home
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #389
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hated him for 80% of the season. Elliott sucked horribly the last 2 games. How do you choke tonight out? New goalies required
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #390
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moose has to be better.

1st goal, bad rebound from shot off the boards. Should not be letting those bounce out.

2nd goal, was kind of a crap bounce off Dougie's stick - but gotta stay big in your net and stay square to the release. Nope, off the web of the glove and in.

3rd goal should have been called back. Thanks for nothing Toronto.

4th goal - Bunch of bodies in the way but another glove whiff.

OT goal - Sucky bounce but kicked in his own net too.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #391
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin22x View Post
Goal 5 was on Elliott as he deflected it off his stick right into Stone.
Bad rebound control like 2 other goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks for the clarification... once the goal was scored, i shut off the tv and walked away...

just like i'll do to the NHL playoffs once the Flames are out...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #392
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think I'm done with the NHL after tonight. It's been a fun 15 years, guys. This team will always have a special place in my heart, but it's like we're fighting police brutality. We just can't win.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saskflames69 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #393
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

sportsnet talking like the Flames were being dominated in the third and hanging on for dear life....GTFO

Ducks maybe had 2 scoring chances in the third
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #394
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
What are you talking about.

The Flames weren't penalized once this game. Not once.

Gulutzan insists on playing our third pairing and our fourth line way too many minutes every single game. They are the direct reason we are down 3-0 right now.

Then, add Ellliott's .816 save percentage tonight and you lose 5-4.

The Flames shut it down at the ten minute mark of the second period and started playing their bottom players. The Ducks kept coming.

The Ducks score a ##### goal with less than a minute left in the second, that Elliott needs to have. Then the Flames come out and play our third pairing AND fourth line like idiots until the Ducks eventually tie the game.

If I'm coaching, as soon as that second goal goes in and Elliott looks shaky, thats the last time Bartkowski and Engelland touch the ice. It's the last time the fourth line touches the ice.

I don't give a crap about "energy". The fact is they get dominated every damn time they are on the ice. That's coaching. Not players. Gulutzan is getting dominated by Carlyle this series and it isn't even close.

Watch what happens next series against Edmonton or San Jose. I guarantee that the top players for both of the aforementioned are going to dominate ice time. As they FREAKING SHOULD. ITS THE PLAYOFFS GULLY!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!

What are you saving the legs for Gully? You need to make damn sure we win the game. Not leave it up to several fire drills in your own end as a direct result of your player deployment.

People are going to blame certain players this series, that's fine. But I honestly think they are to a large part victims of the circumstances they are put in.

Lets honestly look at our player deployment.

We are playing a 6th dman journeyman (Engelland) and an AHL PTO defenseman (Bartkowski) close to 15 minutes a night. We play our fourth line way too much as well. Combine that, and you give Anaheim way too many opportunities to gain momentum and get back into games.

I put this series on two factors.

1. Getting terrible goaltending.
2. Getting out coached.

Can't have both of those and expect to win. Here's to signing Ben Bishop in the offseason, and launching the third pairing and fourth line into the sun.

If Gulutzan can't figure out how to properly ride his big guns, then he needs to go too.

Great post. Nailed every single point. Gulutzan (who i have supported all year) is being badly out coached.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #395
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Gulutzan insists on playing our third pairing and our fourth line way too many minutes every single game. They are the direct reason we are down 3-0 right now.

The Flames shut it down at the ten minute mark of the second period and started playing their bottom players. The Ducks kept coming.

The Ducks score a ##### goal with less than a minute left in the second, that Elliott needs to have. Then the Flames come out and play our third pairing AND fourth line like idiots until the Ducks eventually tie the game.

If I'm coaching, as soon as that second goal goes in and Elliott looks shaky, thats the last time Bartkowski and Engelland touch the ice. It's the last time the fourth line touches the ice.

I don't give a crap about "energy". The fact is they get dominated every damn time they are on the ice. That's coaching. Not players. Gulutzan is getting dominated by Carlyle this series and it isn't even close.

Watch what happens next series against Edmonton or San Jose. I guarantee that the top players for both of the aforementioned are going to dominate ice time. As they FREAKING SHOULD. ITS THE PLAYOFFS GULLY!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!

What are you saving the legs for Gully? You need to make damn sure we win the game. Not leave it up to several fire drills in your own end as a direct result of your player deployment.

People are going to blame certain players this series, that's fine. But I honestly think they are to a large part victims of the circumstances they are put in.

We are playing a 6th dman journeyman (Engelland) and an AHL PTO defenseman (Bartkowski) close to 15 minutes a night. We play our fourth line way too much as well. Combine that, and you give Anaheim way too many opportunities to gain momentum and get back into games.

2. Getting out coached.

Can't have both of those and expect to win. Here's to signing Ben Bishop in the offseason, and launching the third pairing and fourth line into the sun.

If Gulutzan can't figure out how to properly ride his big guns, then he needs to go too.

Giving the Ducks a free goal on a blatant high stick more than enough makes up for not giving them a PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #396
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinit47 View Post
Anderson was making not stop great saves to get his team the win the last two games, and he's doing it against the beast team in the league. If you think Elliot has played better than him you are beyond irrational.
Yeah, I've read your last 10 anti-Elliott posts, I get it.

Ottawa has been winning in spite of Anderson, not because of him. He's had his moments though, so you can make the argument otherwise.

I'm not defending Elliott, someone asked me to name 1 goalie who was worse, I named one and threw 2 others in the conversation. Point being: he's not on some terrible-goalie island.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #397
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
100% the loss is on Elliott.

Can't let in 2,4 and 5.

Sure maybe one or two of those go in but you have to make a save on at least one of them.
Even 1 was a god awful rebound on a muffin of a shot.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #398
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

One last thing. How the hell did Ferland miss that easy pass to Johnny for a breakaway in OT?? I thought for sure the Ducks were going to score right after the icing.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #399
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well this ones in the old rear view mirror now. I've had my last smoke and put my nice whisky glass in the dishwasher.

So lets all have a great day tomorrow and hey

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #400
GeoRock
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

2. Getting out coached.

You are right, even during the game Garrett was remarking that the ducks top 3 forwards play over 20 mins on average and that not a single flames forward plays over 20.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
GeoRock is offline   Reply With Quote