Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 10:43 AM   #5041
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
It sucks to think of because I love them but I think I would push in Dubé or Mangiapane to acquire Dubois
My only untouchable is Tkachuk in a Dubois trade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:44 AM   #5042
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the Flames, it'd be 1sts and cap space. Not sure the Flames have the appetite for that. Note I said 1sts, not a first.

And, call me crazy but I'd attack uncle Lou for Barzal if we are going all out on one of these RFA cats.

End of the day though, you have to give it to Kekalainen. Took a pretty massive swing taking PLD where they did. When everyone thought he was gonna work.out to be a winger and to their credit always said he was a center and bingo bango.

Whatever happens with this, the Jackets are getting max value from their draft investment.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:47 AM   #5043
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I salivate at the idea of PLD, like many of you.

Does a package of Dube, Hanifin, 2nd, get it done? 1st instead of 2nd?
Old 12-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #5044
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
The TBLightning just won the Cup running Brayden Point, Anthony Cirelli, Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde down the middle. Decent depth, but only one top centre in that group.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
LOL, at "decent" depth.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #5045
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really do not see a PLD deal going down and not including one of Gaudreau or Monahan.

One thing I like about a Jackets deal is they have 9.2M in cap space so they can absorb a lot of salary in a deal so it would free the Flames with enough space to give PLD a long term deal (7x7)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #5046
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
It sucks to think of because I love them but I think I would push in Dubé or Mangiapane to acquire Dubois
Or? I'd trade both for Pld or Barzal. It would hurt me more to lose Dube than Mangiapane though.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #5047
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see how a PLD trade is possible for the Flames. He probably has more value than any one piece this organization has. I really hope I'm wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #5048
scobel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I salivate at the idea of PLD, like many of you.

Does a package of Dube, Hanifin, 2nd, get it done? 1st instead of 2nd?
I think the biggest problem with this is we would need to move out more salary then Hanifin and Dube as PLD needs to be signed. I would think a 1st would be required but really have a tough time grasping PLD value.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #5049
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
The TBLightning just won the Cup running Brayden Point, Anthony Cirelli, Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde down the middle. Decent depth, but only one top centre in that group.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Really? I think Cirelli is incredible. He's about as good as Monahan and PLD IMO. Just spec'd more defensively instead of offensively.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #5050
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobel View Post
I think the biggest problem with this is we would need to move out more salary then Hanifin and Dube as PLD needs to be signed. I would think a 1st would be required but really have a tough time grasping PLD value.
True that, @ say 8x8, we'd need to shed another $4m

Adding in Ryan, sends out just under $9m. Would be tight with the replacement defenseman and bottom sixer.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #5051
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I don't see how a PLD trade is possible for the Flames. He probably has more value than any one piece this organization has. I really hope I'm wrong.
I think that is over-stating his value. I personally wouldn't trade Tkachuk for him and I think Monahan is fair as a base. I have not watched enough of PLD to know how good is he defensively but he isn't prolific on the offense side.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #5052
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

PLD for Monahan
The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Pedro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #5053
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Torts and Monahan would be an interesting match.

I could also see Bennett being a more coveted add than Dube or Mangiapane for CBJ.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #5054
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I think that is over-stating his value. I personally wouldn't trade Tkachuk for him and I think Monahan is fair as a base. I have not watched enough of PLD to know how good is he defensively but he isn't prolific on the offense side.
Maybe, but he's just as young, pushes possession like Tkachuk, plays the most important position in the game, and probably has a higher ceiling.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:03 AM   #5055
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I think that is over-stating his value. I personally wouldn't trade Tkachuk for him.
While Tkachuk has the intangibles, and leadership, he's playing a lesser position, and weaker defensively.

His cost, and term certainty aren't the most desirable either, and weaker than the unsigned, and younger PLD.

I don't recall the budget conscious BJ's signing anyone ever over $6m, outside of Nash. So it's with that assumption, that I'd like to think $8x8 gets it done.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:10 AM   #5056
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

We will see. It all depends on how you project them. I'd still take Tkachuk but I don't think PLD will break out offensively but could totally be wrong.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #5057
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Backlund, one of Zary/Pelletier, and a 1st for PLD.

Dubois
Monahan
Bennett
Ryan
Old 12-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #5058
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
While Tkachuk has the intangibles, and leadership, he's playing a lesser position, and weaker defensively.

His cost, and term certainty aren't the most desirable either, and weaker than the unsigned, and younger PLD.

I don't recall the budget conscious BJ's signing anyone ever over $6m, outside of Nash. So it's with that assumption, that I'd like to think $8x8 gets it done.
Tkachuk is a better play driver and has shown far far better offensive production. Tkachuk carries Backlund and Dubois got 60pts playing primarily with Panarin and dipped below 50pts in a year without him.

Younger PLD? Give me a break these guys are 6 months apart and are from the same draft class. In a flat cap world the cost certainty of Tkachuk for the next 2 years is more valuable than an unsigned player.

End of the day Tkachuk certainly has more value than PLD and really it is not that close to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #5059
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

We heard the Flames and Blue Jackets were talking trade involving Josh Anderson and one of their goalies. I can't recall what Flames players were rumoured to be involved but maybe there's a framework to use for PLD.
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #5060
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
We heard the Flames and Blue Jackets were talking trade involving Josh Anderson and one of their goalies. I can't recall what Flames players were rumoured to be involved but maybe there's a framework to use for PLD.
Yup the rumors were it was a really big deal.

The Jackets did use Anderson to add a center in Domi so I wonder if they absolutely would want a C back for PLD or not?

In my opinion either one of Monahan or Gaudreau are on the table to build a framework of a deal.
Closed Thread