Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #3421
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I expect that she's going to turn on Eva and join Bliss.

Though the whole Bliss storyline has been completely confused. She's gone from a maniacal evil creepy presence with a possessed doll to basically Harley Quinn.

But I've watched a lot of Piper in NXT UK, and she's a very good performer.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #3422
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Outside of a few people on each show, AEW is so far ahead of wwe right now in terms of entertainment value

Really noticed it last night during the hardy v Christian match, It was ok, but super noticeable how different it was from the rest of the AEW matches, and then it clicked, this is a 2nd hour raw match

Hopefully the fans returning sparks something
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #3423
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Outside of a few people on each show, AEW is so far ahead of wwe right now in terms of entertainment value

Really noticed it last night during the hardy v Christian match, It was ok, but super noticeable how different it was from the rest of the AEW matches, and then it clicked, this is a 2nd hour raw match

Hopefully the fans returning sparks something
That Sammy Guevara vs. Wheeler Yuta match was why AEW does much better with fans in the crowd. The brand tends to highlight young guys and give them screen time, and the fans appreciate it as a relatively more "smark" crowd. With WWE crowds, they want their established characters with catch phrases. In AEW, the in-ring action speaks way more for itself.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #3424
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

https://streamable.com/ilq18d

God this was awesome. I love the Hangman/Dark Order vs Elite storyline right now. Just wish Brodie was around to see it all play out
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #3425
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
That Sammy Guevara vs. Wheeler Yuta match was why AEW does much better with fans in the crowd. The brand tends to highlight young guys and give them screen time, and the fans appreciate it as a relatively more "smark" crowd. With WWE crowds, they want their established characters with catch phrases. In AEW, the in-ring action speaks way more for itself.
When they do the mic stuff too its usually so much shorter, they only really let MJF, jericho, mox, Kingston, and the elite have anymore than 3-4 minutes

Everyone is so much better when they just get to the point outside the ones mentioned above, even britt who is great comes in relatively shorter doses

So they advance the storylines every week without having to spend 20 minutes on each
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #3426
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

AEW: 1.025 million
Raw 1.609
Smackdown 1.986

Old 07-16-2021, 07:41 AM   #3427
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Last edited by Superflyer; 07-16-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #3428
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Harry Smith back in WWE, hope he gets over this time around.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:11 AM   #3429
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If he's got some charisma this time around he'll do well. I still think the Kidd Smith was a great technical combination.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #3430
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nikki A.S.H. wouldn’t have been my first guess to win MiTB but I’m not disappointed
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #3431
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm not either, I'm not crazy about how they do these Money in the Bank where it always ends up as almost a 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 because people roll out of the ring. There were some awkward spots in the match and the pace wasn't really super fast. Was hoping for Alexa, and she got a huge pop in her entrance, but Nikki is easy to cheer for.

Weird that they moved the Uso's against Mysterio to the pre match, but it was pretty good overall, kind of glad to see the belts off of the Mysterios. But man giving a push to the Usos after last weeks news doesn't sit well with me.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #3432
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big E!
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:25 PM   #3433
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, liked that win. Putting the belt on Charlotte again yawn. But Rhea still looks really clunky at times.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:17 PM   #3434
TBone290
First Line Centre

Exp:

Meh gettin tired of these interference endings. Wish Edge won
TBone290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #3435
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a pop for cena
Old 07-18-2021, 10:03 PM   #3436
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just some thoughts. First of all the crowd makes a difference, this crowd was very good, especially during the main event. When Cena returned surprisingly they blew the roof off of the building.

So just some thoughts

The Uso's win the tag team championships over the Mysterios.

I've just never been a fan of Ray or his son, they're the typical long on athletics low on psychology. However I will say, this was a match that could have used another 5 minutes. Nice booking to give the Uso's the win with a unique cheat. Still not a fan of keeping a push on Jimmy.. I would class this as just a solid solid well executed match. B-

Woman's money in the bank match, Nikki A.S.H. takes the money in the bank.

Ok, it wasn't terrible but it didn't stand out. As I stated before I hate how these matches are put together now with people taking a hit and rolling out of the ring to keep things one on one or two on one. Its amazing the pop that Alexa got on her entrance. There weren't any really holy sh$t moments in this match or impressive spots. Liv Morgan continues to improve her ring work. But really if Money in the Bank is like the Royal Rumble where it can be a career accelerator, this one didn't have one worker stand out. We did get Alexa's magic power, but she was really a non entity, it feels like her character is a bit lost in what it is. They ended with a ok 6 woman fighting on top of ladders and Nikki snuck through to snag the briefcase. C-

AJ And Omos retain over the Viking Raiders.

The smackdown championship was better. But man AJ styles continues to show what he is in the ring as they keep Omos simple and give him some power moves. A couple of nice power spots. The Vikings are long on charisma but really short in terms or ring work. C

Bobby Lashley destroys Kofi Kingston

I know its terrible to do squashes on PPV, and I'm uncertain on this because the way this was booked made so much sense. However it just seems whenever they need someone to take a ass kicking its Kofi and that effects his credibility. Lashley is incredibly good at being a destroyer. But not much to see in this match D

Charlotte Flair wins the Raw woman's title over Rhea Ripley

Part of me is like, groan, not Charlotte again. But she does have outstanding instincts. When the fans were chanting for Becky, Chalotte gave them the double bird. There were some interesting spots in this match psychology wise, especially when Charlotte used the ring steps to set up Rhea for the figure four. When you watch Rhea she's lacking a bit of polish, her transition work is awkward. But this was a very good match, and Charlotte shows why she is such an accomplished performer because she can tell a great story in the ring
A-

Big E wins the Men's money in the bank

The only choice to win this match. Big E is being set up for a World Champion run. Ricochet had the spot of the night, with that ladder to rope to outside the rope. Also Morrison had a great match, which makes me wonder if he's in for a singles push. Weird that they had Jinder and his buddy pulling Drew out of the match and dragging him backstage, it does seem that Drew has cooled off a lot lately and maybe lost the faith of creative A-

Roman Reigns defeats Edge.

Match of the year and I loved how this match was put together. Roman right now is the best worker in the world, not just WWE. He has it all psychology, work rate everything. He's a pure heel and seems to relish it. Edge looks like a Hobo. But I loved that Edge was attacking the shoulder and Arm. Really loved that for a long stretch Edge took a beat down from a younger alpha male. Edge really made Reigns on this night. Really agree with the above, I remember reading a great book on Wrestling History and they talked about the fact that you should never end a ppv on a run in. But we had the Uso's and Mysterios brawling. Then Rollins comes in and costs Edge the match. Other then that this was easily a match of the year candidate A+

John Cena returns - This was a great crowd, they built energy through the night and literally took over the main event. However and god help me, when Cena return it blew the roof off of the building. Love him or hate him, I have tremendous respect for why Cena can do, and like Reigns is doing now, Cena carried the WWE through the dark times. This time I don't expect Cena to dominate the verbal wars against Reigns because Reigns has Heyman who was a star tonight. But Cena did it simple tonight, and a simple you can't see me blew the roof off the place. Great return.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2021, 09:05 AM   #3437
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have pretty much abandoned pro wrestling but seeing the clip of Cena was pretty cool. Happy the fans reacted the way they did.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #3438
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd forgotten how good Cena was at working a crowd and doing a promo.

I also love

Cena - "Why am I going after Roman Reigns . . . because he's an a$$hole"

Old 07-19-2021, 09:25 PM   #3439
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They're putting it all out there on Raw tonight, Keith Lee, Karrian Kross, Goldberg. Cena

Old 07-19-2021, 11:22 PM   #3440
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Weird raw, some really good, some really weird

So bliss probably had the 3rd or 4th biggest crowd reaction of any woman last night, but absolute crickets whenever the hocus pocus stuff came up, so tonight they go with the hocus pocus and more crickets. Please take the hint. Also noticed this last night, but Liv Morgan is surprisingly over, in a good way suprising.

Keith Lee not getting much of a return pop isnt a great sign

Why did Kross lose?

Lesner vs bobby at summerslam would be so much better, but I think goldberg and bobby could be a good program, guessing they are saving lesner for roman with the Heyman connection.

I would love if this new focused bobby meant a return of the hurt business, put keith lee in there too.

Drew seems like hes in a holding pattern until after summerslam when he can go to smackdown, but hes still super over

I like Nikki winning the title, Charlotte doesnt need it right now, Rhea needs some kind of reboot before she holds it long term. I wonder how long they hold off on becky, be shocked if shes not involved in summerslam