Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #361
GranteedEV
Franchise Player
 
GranteedEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Because no one was relying on him carrying the team offensively.

The opposite is true for Gaudreau.
Kessel led the 2015-16 Penguins in playoff scoring. He also logged more ice time per game than any forward on that team besides Crosby.

That team being able to get production from 3 lines by splitting up its three best weapons was definitely a huge reason why they were deadly, but that's not because Kessel was "logging 3rd line minutes while others carried the load". He carried his part of the load, albeit as a winger.

Our centers need to be able to carry their part of the load, which had nothing to do with Gaudreau.
__________________

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #362
Strange Brew
Franchise Player
 
Strange Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Use his instinct, and stop over thinking looking for the perfect play.
GAM means what?

nm Bingo explained
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #363
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up
 
Scroopy Noopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ontario, unfortunately.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Kessel led the 2015-16 Penguins in playoff scoring. He also logged more ice time per game than any forward on that team besides Crosby.

That team being able to get production from 3 lines by splitting up its three best weapons was definitely a huge reason why they were deadly, but that's not because Kessel was "logging 3rd line minutes while others carried the load". He carried his part of the load, albeit as a winger.

Our centers need to be able to carry their part of the load, which had nothing to do with Gaudreau.
Kessel was at least the 2nd most lethal forward on the team (in my opinion 3rd). We don’t have that luxury. I find it hard to believe you don’t see the difference.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #364
dissentowner
Franchise Player
 
dissentowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Well JG is a great player no doubt . But he doesnt have an ounce of Joey Mullen in him...another small player....Theo Fleury....another....Hakan Loob.

None of these guys took S from anyone but these guys also had great linemates , teammates who'd bust you up .
Not saying this is what Johnny needs but he does need to up his G A F meter .
I remember Fleury playing on a line with Titov and Kruse. Amazing he put up the points he did.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #365
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Kessel led the 2015-16 Penguins in playoff scoring. He also logged more ice time per game than any forward on that team besides Crosby.

That team being able to get production from 3 lines by splitting up its three best weapons was definitely a huge reason why they were deadly, but that's not because Kessel was "logging 3rd line minutes while others carried the load". He carried his part of the load, albeit as a winger.

Our centers need to be able to carry their part of the load, which had nothing to do with Gaudreau.
In the POs. They were able to get really good matchups that way. The question is, could Kessel have handled a full season with top line minutes, with his fitness? He'd logged more before, with lesser results, on a weaker team. So who knows.

But it wouldn't have hurt him, I know that.
GioforPM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #366
the2bears
Franchise Player
 
the2bears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaver View Post
At this point I have to ask you though, are you actually watching Flames games?
Let me simplify this for you then.

The claim made is that Brodie is *directly* responsible for as many goals as he had points, 34.

That doesn't mean 100 giveaways, it means at least 34 giveaways *leading to goals*.

Yes, I watch the games , and I remember some bad plays leading to goals. But *not* 34. You show a couple of Youtube videos, guessing they don't show 34 goals either.

So yes, if someone makes such an hyperbolic claim, it should be challenged. Even as simple a stat as +/- shows Brodie to be a net positive.
__________________
the2bears - the indie shmup blog.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #367
stang
CP's Fraser Crane
 
stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I have zero knowledge of Gaudreau's fitness level, none.

Could he be in better shape? Sure.
This made me laugh. I get what you mean and your point was good. Just made me chuckle.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016