Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #101
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post

I'm more confused with how he returned the soul stone to the Red Skull on Vormir... Long time no see... lol
yeah, that would've been an awkward scene

Capt America : I know we've been at odds for many years, Red Skull
Red Skull : Indeed we have, Captain
Capt America : ... But I will need to return the Soul Stone to you
Red Skull : um... wat?!
Capt America : Yes, I do not need it anymore
Red Skull : You do know that I was evil, right? and have been that way for years? many years?
Capt America : and?
Red Skull : and you're about to return one of the most powerful relics in all of the universe to me?
Capt America : yes
Red Skull : Your Shield friend, the redhead, sacrificed her life for this gem
Capt America : She was going to throw PBJ sandwiches at me
Red Skull : lol, you fool...

Also, Capt is a dick for not saving the mind stone to resurrect Vision
Hopefully, Wanda kicks old man Captain in the saggy nuts
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 12:26 AM   #102
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you’re seeing this movie twice in the theatre, much less twice on opening weekend I’m thinking you’re pretty much giving it an 11 out of 10. That’s voting with your wallet.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #103
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

This movie was terrific. Some of my highlights were fat Thor, the womens team (She has backup) and Cap with Mjolnir. But the best was after getting his ass handed to him, Cap stands up and tightens the straps on his shield ready to go again, then you hear, Cap, on your left....... The portals open and everyone is back. I kept thinking, everyone is back, where the hell are they? Such a great entrance for everyone.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #104
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So when the portals open, and Black Panther walks out with his sister and Michonne?? How is she there? She survived the snap and was in the first part of the movie.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:45 AM   #105
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
So when the portals open, and Black Panther walks out with his sister and Michonne?? How is she there? She survived the snap and was in the first part of the movie.

She was probably in Wakanda when everyone reappeared, then Strange shows up telling them to get ready for war and they all come in together. The portals were just for transportation, they have nothing to do with the snap
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #106
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Gotcha, so did the Guardians and spiderman reappear on Titan and Dr. strange portalled them back to earth. Important questions!
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #107
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Gotcha, so did the Guardians and spiderman reappear on Titan and Dr. strange portalled them back to earth. Important questions!
Basically yes. From how I put it together, he took the guardians and Spiderman with him, since they were there and all came back together. He then went to the Scanctium and gathered all the other monks then spread out to gather the others like the Wakandians and such, then they all went to battle.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #108
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
If you’re seeing this movie twice in the theatre, much less twice on opening weekend I’m thinking you’re pretty much giving it an 11 out of 10. That’s voting with your wallet.
Not necessarily. I went for the second time on SCENE points, anyway. I went the first time as a fan, and the second time looking to analyze the movie from filmmaking and technical perspectives.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #109
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah.

Spiderman explained that in movie to Tony before they hugged.

It was quick but he said that it was him, strange, etc on the planet and the Dr. Strange brought them here.

For those looking for more background on the writing process of the story as a whole here is a really good article on it. (I'd really recommend reading it)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/m...explainer.html

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-29-2019 at 12:04 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #110
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish the Defenfers and the Netflix universe would have come out of one of those portals. I know they're bogged down in the Netflix holdup, but that have been stellar!
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #111
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
In regards to your spoiler, really? I found that so ridiculous it basically pulled me right out of the movie as my eyes rolled back in my head.

So contrived IMO.
for me it was the fact that the lady power team didn't do jack all in helping Danvers get to the van. that's like me telling Superman to get behind me, I'm going to clear a path for him with my trusty broom handle.

I hope CM keeps the haircut as it at least visually reminds me of her recent comic form. but I'm still not digging the smug robot thing Larson is doing (or the writers/directors are making her do). comic CM is a confident leader, not just some deadpan powerhouse that basically tells you she's so busy with other stuff that you're lucky she's even bothering to show up for your petty war for the fate of the universe.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #112
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Yeah.

Spiderman explained that in movie to Tony before they hugged.

It was quick but he said that it was him, strange, etc on the planet and the Dr. Strange brought them here.

For those looking for more background on the writing process of the story as a whole here is a really good article on it. (I'd really recommend reading it)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/m...explainer.html
Good article but too bad they didn’t ask them about the after effects of the snap and returning people in End Game. I’d love to hear how they planned for this and how they see it shaping the MCU. Is the aftermath going to be addressed at some point? Will all subsequent movies now take place in 2024? How does that mess with other parts of the MCU?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #113
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Good article but too bad they didn’t ask them about the after effects of the snap and returning people in End Game. I’d love to hear how they planned for this and how they see it shaping the MCU. Is the aftermath going to be addressed at some point? Will all subsequent movies now take place in 2024? How does that mess with other parts of the MCU?
I suspect that a lot of that will be dealt with in the upcoming Spiderman movie. I believe Spider-man: Far from home is officially the last movie of phase 3 of the MCU.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #114
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
I suspect that a lot of that will be dealt with in the upcoming Spiderman movie. I believe Spider-man: Far from home is officially the last movie of phase 3 of the MCU.
No way FFH covers all of the thought process going into the decision. It may answer some superficial questions but can’t answer the End Game writers thoughts on the subject.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #115
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No way FFH covers all of the thought process going into the decision. It may answer some superficial questions but can’t answer the End Game writers thoughts on the subject.
I heard that there is a 26 minute scene in FFH where Spidey swings in to a uptown cafe and takes part in a writers round table where the process is discussed at length. That could the the director's cut, just a rumour.

Likely it will be in the background of many movies. Half of the population just slept for five years, as their husbands, wifes and partners all aged. I'm thinking minor scenes in four or five movies to really address it.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #116
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

FYI the Okotoks theater is showing this movie for $8 (regular) and $10 (3D). Took the kids yesterday for the 3PM 3D show.

The theater isn't that busy, the sight lines are average but the popcorn is amazing. Free butter, and they actually layer it without having to ask. I think they still have free refills as well (according to my kid, anyway).

Good way to save a few bucks if you have a group.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #117
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Likely it will be in the background of many movies. Half of the population just slept for five years, as their husbands, wifes and partners all aged. I'm thinking minor scenes in four or five movies to really address it.
In real world logistics, it wouldn't be able to be background fodder.

On a micro level, sure there's the awkward coming back after five years to find your wife in bed with her new husband or popping back in a house that's now occupied by a new family.

But macro, we're talking about the biggest crisis to hit Earth ever. You're looking at 3,800,000,000 new mouths to feed that weren't there yesterday. It doesn't matter what happened or what planning took place, world wide starvation and war breaks out immediately after they return. It's comic book logic, so I can overlook it but it will be interesting if they address it at all.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #118
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was a nifty plot device that gave Tony a family.

It looked like the world changed a lot in those five years but I don't imagine that will be a focal point of the next round of movies. I hope not anyway.
At most levels, these superhero movies exist in our world, just with super powered people. I guess no time travel movies were made during those 5 years or else someone would have brought it up. What was the last one, "Hot Tub Time Machine"?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #119
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished watching it, and I really enjoyed it. A nice wrapup to the 10 years preceding it. I really liked that final battle.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #120
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
It was a nifty plot device that gave Tony a family.

It looked like the world changed a lot in those five years but I don't imagine that will be a focal point of the next round of movies. I hope not anyway.
At most levels, these superhero movies exist in our world, just with super powered people. I guess no time travel movies were made during those 5 years or else someone would have brought it up. What was the last one, "Hot Tub Time Machine"?
Yeah, I get the fact we won’t see every aspect of the snap play out on a micro level. That’s why I said it would be neat to have the writers discuss the process and their thoughts on it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: