Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #2541
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love these Hawks jerseys in small doses.

Big game tonight. Could mean the difference between going to Dallas or Chicago in the playoffs.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #2542
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised at the Vikings lack of playcalling. Their season is on the line more or less
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #2543
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are playing a decent road game though... taking the crowd out of it a bit, slowing things down. I expect they'll get a break at some point for a big gain and get in the red zone, and suddenly it's 7-3. I just have that feeling watching this.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #2544
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
I'm surprised at the Vikings lack of playcalling. Their season is on the line more or less
Eh I think they make it with 1 more win unless GB wins out. Skins are done. Carolina is essentially done. Philly really only has 1 win left. Vikes just have to beat Detroit if they lose tonight to make it in my opinion.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #2545
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's the big play I was talking about. It was a matter of time before something broke.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #2546
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hell of a catch by Diggs with blatant interference missed by the officials.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #2547
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahaha I can't believe they didn't kick the field goal. And then ran a passing play. Jesus, take the points; you might not see the red zone again all quarter but you've got a shot at getting into field goal range.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #2548
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cousins with the double clutch cost them there.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #2549
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

This might the fastest game in recent times. Done before 9.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #2550
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good lord, Chris Carson is a freaking battering ram. I feel like they've barely used Penny tonight. That's got to be game.

Seahawks showing that they can win games in very different ways over the past couple of weeks.

Clearly some controversy with the blocked field goal, though...

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 12-10-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #2551
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Hahaha I can't believe they didn't kick the field goal. And then ran a passing play. Jesus, take the points; you might not see the red zone again all quarter but you've got a shot at getting into field goal range.
They made the right call and it worked out exactly as well as can be expected when it failed, they got it back at around the 40. And had the leaping penalty been called they would have been back inside the 20. Cousins just made the bad read at the goal line though, Thielen has arguably been the best receiver in the league this year, trust your guy.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #2552
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol at Thielen saying "Should have been all ####ing game" after that catch.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #2553
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, Seahawks appear destined for 10-6, which is better than you would have expected, and they lost both their games to the Rams by a combined 7 points so they're at least a threat. So apparently their only options are the Bears and Cowboys? Not going to be a shootout either way...
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #2554
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

$84 million. LOL Vikings
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #2555
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
$84 million. LOL Vikings
Cousins isn't a bad QB but he's not elite and that's what you get if you need to find your starting QB in free agency. Keenum for example is what I consider a below average staring QB and he got $25 million guaranteed. Prescott is probably going to get a $20+ million per season contract with a lot of guaranteed dough. It is what it is and IMO the latest batch of rookie QB's have been pretty bad outside of Mayfield so teams that are tying to win now are better off going with established QB's than rolling the dice with rookies. It's why Derek Carr is going nowhere as he's actually statistically having a decent season after throwing 7 INT's in his first 4 games only 1 in the last 9 games considering he's been in the middle of a Gruden teardown disaster and his starting receivers the past four games have been Seth Robers, Marcell Ateman, and a one legged Jordy Nelson who I think I can outrun.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #2556
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings fire their OC today.

Maybe the biggest disappointment in the NFL this year based on expectations.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #2557
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

I swear to god i did not see this before i posted that^^^^

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings have fired offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, the team announced Tuesday.

Kevin Stefanski has been promoted to replace DeFilippo on an interim basis and will handle play-calling duties.
You could just tell last night while watching that Zimmer was pissed off at him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...john-defilippo
Old 12-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #2558
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The loss of Shurmur has been a big hit to the Vikings. Zimmer's defense has been better of late but not as good this season as last season as they struggled early stopping teams.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #2559
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vikes have been hugely disappointing, but should still squeak into the playoffs with Carolina's collapse. And despite Cousins awful stats in meaningful games, they still have elite offensive weapons and a top defense. Might be primed to make some unexpected noise.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #2560
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

At the beginning of the year I thought the NFC had much more depth for good teams than the AFC did. But thru 13 games, I'm not sure if it's been the case. Even with the QB injuries, I thought the 49'ers would be better. The Eagles obviously have struggled with their injury issues. The Panthers appear to have imploded mid season, and the Vikings and Packers have both been underwhelming thru 13 games. The Bears and Seahawks both ended up being better than I anticipated. The Cowboys look like they'll exceed my expectations a bit, but I did think they'd be a 8-9 win team who could be in the mix. At this point I think the Lions and Giants can really only be spoilers, and the Red Skins can't overcome the QB injuries.

The Division winners are pretty much set now. Unless the Cowboys lose out, the Eagles can't stop them from taking the East. I have to think the Cowboys can win one more game. The Bears also only need to win one more game, or tie a game to secure the North.

At this point I don't see how Seattle doesn't get in. If they get to 9 wins, they should hold tie breakers over pretty much everyone else that they could be tied with. Realistically they should win 10, and I wouldn't be shocked if they win out. Pete Carroll and his staff have done a really good job coaching and turning over that defense.

The second spot is there for one of Minnesota, Green Bay, Philadelphia, or Carolina.
The Panthers still have two games with New Orleans who look like they'll need to win out to hold serve in the NFC for top spot, so I don't think they can split let alone sweep the Saints, not twice in three weeks at least. So really their ceiling is 8 wins.

Green Bay have to win out and get some help. This time next week, we'll know if they can make the playoffs as this game against the Bears is their make or break. If they win, they have a chance. Lose and they done. I've been conditioned to expect Aaron Rogers to rescue these guys from the dead....but the reality of the past 3 years is that even he can't overcome the rest of the team.

Minnesota at 6-6-1 is in the Drivers seat here. They hold the tie breaker over Green Bay, and do have 3 games that they could win left on the schedule. If they win 2 of them, than they likely get in.

Philly needs to win out, and they go to LA this week, and host Houston next week. If they win out, than they deserve to get in. But I don't think they can do better than 2-1 and 1-2 is probably more likely.

Even 5 weeks ago at mid season things have changed a fair bit. Dallas got hot, and bumped off the Panthers. Seattle has done everything they needed to put themselves in position. The Bears appear to have passed their test by winning Division games and the win over the Rams atones for the Giants loss. Now it's a matter of which one of Philly, Minny, or Green Bay can wake up in the last three games.