Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #61
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Huh, I always thought season five was one of the best. Seasons 4, 6, and most of 7 were bad ones.
No, no. Not implying they were bad seasons.

It's meant as in for the suffering Cheng inflicted on Jack and Audrey over the course of those seasons.

Season 6 may be my favourite. 4 wasn't great, but 5 is up there (Pres Logan was good fun). 7 was still a bit better than 8. The whole Hassan administration and their funny accents and revival of Logan the second time felt like they were running out of good ideas.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #62
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I really liked the 12hr format. It forced them to remove the 3rd, 4th and 5th twists. Maybe 16 would be perfect but 12 was better than 24. Would love to see Kate and chloe bust out jack and fight the Russians one last me.
But, I miss the mountain lion subplot! I totally agree that 12 hours is better.

All in all a pretty good season that finished really strongly. It took a few episodes to stop noticing some of the typical stupid and cliched things the writers do, but by the second half I was able to fully suspend disbelief and enjoy it.

I'm not really one to get to into a gory, violent rampage, but I have to say that whole season was pretty awesome!

I hope it comes back. A 12 episode series every summer or 2 would be perfect. You have to think though, that this show is several times more expensive than the reality stuff that gets just as good ratings in the summer.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #63
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

The mole in the CIA was kinda lame. Glad they got that out of the way pretty fast.

Fast moving season.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #64
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

So the whole 'Jack Bauer is awesome and 99% of the CIA agents are incompetent' thing doesn't bother anyone?

That said, the most unbelievable aspect of this season was how fast the characters could move around London. Traffic is so bad there, half the episodes should have been of the characters stuck in traffic for the hour.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #65
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
So the whole 'Jack Bauer is awesome and 99% of the CIA agents are incompetent' thing doesn't bother anyone?
No,

Thats kind of the point of every hero based action movie. You except that the hero is better than everyone else or you don't watch the show.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #66
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping Jack Bauer was going to get a bullet to the head execution style by the Russians. Are we going to see him in 10 years as a senior citizen after he breaks out of Russia?

Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #67
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post

That said, the most unbelievable aspect of this season was how fast the characters could move around London. Traffic is so bad there, half the episodes should have been of the characters stuck in traffic for the hour.
I don't think an adult can watch this show without realizing there are a lot of unbelievable, cliched elements and excessive plot holes. But, I think there is at least a bit of self awareness of all these things and the writers are now at the point where they just have a bit of fun with them. Probably things like the mole and others are tongue and cheek tributes to past seasons. I think it is still an entertaining show for the most part. I do wish everyone wasn't miserable all the time though. It would be nice if Jack could at least be happy for half an episode.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #68
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I was hoping Jack Bauer was going to get a bullet to the head execution style by the Russians. Are we going to see him in 10 years as a senior citizen after he breaks out of Russia?
More like, next summer.

This season was pretty well received, I think they'll order another season that'll be based in LA this time, with Jack first being broken out of Russia for whatever reason.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #69
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember too, tied into the Russian situation from last season, is that (one of the best overall secondary characters in the show's history) Charles Logan isn't dead after his botched suicide. Supposed to have brain damage, but who knows.

Guessing he in some format, he'll be part of the factoring in of how Jack gets out of Russia.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote