Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 12:13 PM   #14921
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
My cul de sac has only two strips of parking space within it, one is between my neighbor and I's house, and is preferred as the other strip does have a fire hydrant in the middle of it.

This results in people constantly parking there from any house on the cul de sac. Normally I don't care about this at all. It's not my property, it's the street, who cares. BUT I ####ING HATE IT every garbage day and when the street sweepers come. In front of my house never gets clean, and sometimes I have to pretty much shove my garbage can right up against their bumper so I can back out of my own driveway but leave my cans out on garbage day. This has resulted in my garbage not being taken twice.

The street sweepers missed me again this year
Paging 4x4 to solve all our problems. "Have tow straps. Will travel."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 12:15 PM   #14922
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Paging 4x4 to solve all our problems. "Have tow straps. Will travel."

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:32 PM   #14923
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the topic of street sweeping this year represented a first in that it appears they swept the streets when the mail delivery was happening and they just swept around the vehicle while parked in front of the mailboxes.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:50 PM   #14924
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It’s come up again and again in politics threads so what grinds my gears is that it appears many posters don’t grasp what a personal attack is. If you’re told your idea is dumb that’s not a personal attack. If someone makes a little funny about your position that isn’t a personal attack. Even a witty nickname is not a personal attack. If you’re told you, as a person, are a squirrel humping mouth breather that shouldn’t leave the house without a chaperone and protective gear THAT is a personal attack.

It’s weird with how many old time posters we’ve got kicking around that they’ve seemingly forgotten how the internet works. Maybe middle age makes you more sensitive I don’t know
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #14925
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
It’s come up again and again in politics threads so what grinds my gears is that it appears many posters don’t grasp what a personal attack is. If you’re told your idea is dumb that’s not a personal attack. If someone makes a little funny about your position that isn’t a personal attack. Even a witty nickname is not a personal attack. If you’re told you, as a person, are a squirrel humping mouth breather that shouldn’t leave the house without a chaperone and protective gear THAT is a personal attack.

It’s weird with so many old posters they’ve seemingly forgotten how the internet works. Maybe middle age makes you more sensitive I don’t know
Sometimes it's also a truth, though.

But yes. Exactly.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 07:32 PM   #14926
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I expected that post COVID recovery supply changes would return to normal and I'm so ####ing tired of going to the grocery store and not being able to find what I am looking for. Every week it seems like something that I need is not available. This week it was milk and cream. Last week it was lettuce. Prior to that it was tomato and also other veggies like green onions, cilantro, parsley. It's not only fresh stuff like fruits and veggies and dairy but that is most likely stuff. I've had recent issues trying to find chicken stock and we recently had the sugar and salt shortages and eggs before that. This stuff is so frustrating.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:12 PM   #14927
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I expected that post COVID recovery supply changes would return to normal and I'm so ####ing tired of going to the grocery store and not being able to find what I am looking for. Every week it seems like something that I need is not available. This week it was milk and cream. Last week it was lettuce. Prior to that it was tomato and also other veggies like green onions, cilantro, parsley. It's not only fresh stuff like fruits and veggies and dairy but that is most likely stuff. I've had recent issues trying to find chicken stock and we recently had the sugar and salt shortages and eggs before that. This stuff is so frustrating.
Where are you shopping. There’s been some issues with supply chain at grocery stores due to a warehousing software change or something like that and the shelves have been a mess the last month.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:23 PM   #14928
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Are you currently in Calgary? Haven’t seen anything like that recently here.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 09:31 PM   #14929
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
Where are you shopping. There’s been some issues with supply chain at grocery stores due to a warehousing software change or something like that and the shelves have been a mess the last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I'm in Calgary and mostly shop at Coop and Save on Foods. Occasionally at Superstore for snacks and Costco for larger things. Costco never seems to be an issue. Superstore has had some issues but usually isn't too bad. Coop and Save on Foods is where I see most of the problems. This last weekend when I was planning to make burgers Save on had no lettuce, actually they had three heads of lettuce which were the saddest, smallest and shriveled up things I've ever seen. Coop had a bit better selection but not much better and both stores had notices that said they had some supplier issues. Before that Coop had no tomatoes and also almost no milk and again had signs up regarding supplier issues.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 09:49 PM   #14930
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Yeah only thing I have noticed and it's been happening for last 2 years is costco not always having lettuce.

Other than that we've been able to find everything.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:55 PM   #14931
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I'm in Calgary and mostly shop at Coop and Save on Foods. Occasionally at Superstore for snacks and Costco for larger things. Costco never seems to be an issue. Superstore has had some issues but usually isn't too bad. Coop and Save on Foods is where I see most of the problems. This last weekend when I was planning to make burgers Save on had no lettuce, actually they had three heads of lettuce which were the saddest, smallest and shriveled up things I've ever seen. Coop had a bit better selection but not much better and both stores had notices that said they had some supplier issues. Before that Coop had no tomatoes and also almost no milk and again had signs up regarding supplier issues.
Save on was the one who said the whole computer system had changed with the warehouse and they were basically getting random truckloads of stuff. They also said some other chains may be affected but not all, it’s crazy though.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 10:14 PM   #14932
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Coop and Save on Foods is where I see most of the problems. This last weekend when I was planning to make burgers Save on had no lettuce, actually they had three heads of lettuce which were the saddest, smallest and shriveled up things I've ever seen. Coop had a bit better selection but not much better and both stores had notices that said they had some supplier issues. Before that Coop had no tomatoes and also almost no milk and again had signs up regarding supplier issues.
Save-on foods is the distributor for Calgary Co-op
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 11:59 PM   #14933
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Calgary Co-op — one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America, with sales of $1.3 billion in 2018 — announced earlier this month that it will start to wholesale groceries from the distribution arm of B.C.-based Save-On-Foods instead of FCL (the Saskatoon-based company that is collectively owned by more than 170 independent retail co-operatives across Western Canada). The move will take effect in the spring of 2020.

https://calgaryherald.com/business/l...%20more%20than

I did not know this.
Reggie28 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie28 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 08:11 AM   #14934
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
My cul de sac has only two strips of parking space within it, one is between my neighbor and I's house, and is preferred as the other strip does have a fire hydrant in the middle of it.

This results in people constantly parking there from any house on the cul de sac. Normally I don't care about this at all. It's not my property, it's the street, who cares. BUT I ####ING HATE IT every garbage day and when the street sweepers come. In front of my house never gets clean, and sometimes I have to pretty much shove my garbage can right up against their bumper so I can back out of my own driveway but leave my cans out on garbage day. This has resulted in my garbage not being taken twice.

The street sweepers missed me again this year
if they are parking too close to your driveway that you can't fit a garbage bin, you can report it. The law is 1.5 meters.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 09:53 AM   #14935
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
I’ve smoked and vaped. A couple pulls to try and sleep feel way worse than half a pack of ciggies. Zero chance they aren’t bad as fata for you.
I could see that, yeah it depends what type of vape. I have both a dry herb vape and a distillate vape (aka vape pen).

The dry herb vape is so much smoother than smoking it. My distillate vape meanwhile makes me cough like a rookie, and joints don't even make me cough anymore. Those distillate vapes hit the throat at a weird spot, I can tell they're awful for your lungs. Their only advantages are pure stealth, and portability. I only use that type when I'm oot & aboot, never at home.

My dry herb vape, meanwhile, I'd definitely recommend.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 09:55 AM   #14936
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I could see that, yeah it depends what type of vape. I have both a dry herb vape and a distillate vape (aka vape pen).

The dry herb vape is so much smoother than smoking it. My distillate vape meanwhile makes me cough like a rookie, and joints don't even make me cough anymore. Those distillate vapes hit the throat at a weird spot, I can tell they're awful for your lungs. Their only advantages are pure stealth, and portability. I only use that type when I'm oot & aboot, never at home.

My dry herb vape, meanwhile, I'd definitely recommend.
So many jokes...must...resist....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 09:56 AM   #14937
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

All I can get (Reggie Dunlop voice)
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 10:01 AM   #14938
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Yeah, while vaping is safer than smoking cigarettes, it appears the inverse could be true for THC products. So, it doesn’t just feel like it’s kicking your ass, it is:

Quote:
However, there has been an outbreak of lung injuries and deaths associated with vaping. In February 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed 2,807 cases of e-cigarette or vaping use-associated lung injury (EVALI) and 68 deaths attributed to that condition.

“These cases appear to predominantly affect people who modify their vaping devices or use black market modified e-liquids. This is especially true for vaping products containing THC,” explains Blaha.

The CDC has identified vitamin E acetate as a chemical of concern among people with EVALI. Vitamin E acetate is a thickening agent often used in THC vaping products, and it was found in all lung fluid samples of EVALI patients examined by the CDC.

The CDC recommends that people:

- Do not use THC-containing e-cigarettes or vaping products.
- Avoid using informal sources, such as friends, family or online dealers to obtain a vaping device.
- Do not modify or add any substances to a vaping device that are not intended by the manufacturer.
I don’t think vapes that use dry herb are considered in the above. But the oil based ones are definitely terrible for you.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 10:07 AM   #14939
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post

It’s weird with how many old time posters we’ve got kicking around that they’ve seemingly forgotten how the internet works. Maybe middle age makes you more sensitive I don’t know
Hey! I don't breathe through my mouth!

Also a gear grinder on teh internets: people who can't laugh at themselves now and again.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:38 AM   #14940
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Podcast hosts who talk about sh1t they haven’t fully researched. Listened to a show on the Natalee Holloway story and the co-host starts talking about Aruba where she was murdered. He didn’t know the basics about Aruba, such as where it is and that it’s Dutch. You should at least read the Wikipedia article on Aruba to prepare.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post: