Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

View Poll Results: Team Scorch? Or Team Blasty?
Team Scorch! 164 72.25%
Team Blasty! 63 27.75%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #61
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
BlackJersey.jpg

The Ol' Blasty jersey is honestly orgasmic. Anyone who doesn't LOVE them needs to give up on life.
That is a great jersey, I would definitely buy one.

Scorch has a great backstory. I really would have liked to be a fly on the wall during the initial planning. Did the boss really love the whole fire mascot that burned down a town and pushed it through or did the whole team get into group think and loved the idea. So many questions.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #62
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting debate. Both Blasty and Scorch seemingly were created out of strange marketing decisions in an attempt to market to youth, then resulting in spectacular failures.

Blasty is just a bad designed logo. Horse faces don’t look great from front perspective and this is no different. It’s only saving grace is the attempt at symmetry but the designer couldn’t even get that right. Add in this was promoting the western stereotype, came on a dumb black jersey, and was worn during a dark time in Flames history I am confident in saying Blasty is just the worst.

Scorch on the other hand is so bad it’s good. That costume and video with the fireman is also just hilarious, especially that dance it does at the end. Also with Scorch being so short lived it’s left me wanting more. Bring back Scorch on merchandise and as a 2nd mascot. Heck I’d even be down with a Scorch 3rd jersey.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:47 PM   #63
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Bring back Scorch!

https://www.change.org/p/calgary-spo...-mascot-scorch
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:33 PM   #64
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

So over 200 votes and it’s clear Team Scorch garners the most support on CP. While some of that could be due to the “anti-Blasty” sentiment that continues to exist, I think it’s clear that Scorch is held in higher regard than his alternate jersey counterpart.

But how much of that is due to a small sample size? Are we really ready for full-time Scorch? Or is he best enjoyed in small, fanciful bites? I think part of the intrigue with Scorch is that he is shrouded in mystery... perhaps an appearance every few weeks would keep things fresh? Or maybe he is best remembered for what he could have been, forever an ember that will never go out...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote