Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #1281
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Not a bad little game, is it? Don't think it has a ton of replay value but I've enjoyed it. Wish they did a bit more work on help sections. Took me a while to figure out how to get linen.
Yeah linen and tannin I had to google to figure out. I really enjoy it though, it's a good casual sit back and see the hours go by kind of game
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #1282
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
it's a good casual sit back and see the hours go by kind of game
Especially when you forget to speed up the game. I usually have it at 2x but something happens and game speed drops to normal and I start to wonder WTF things are taking so long to get done.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #1283
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe a little too easy though. Even hardcore mode food is ridiculously easy to get, you just get attacked more
Old 07-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #1284
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just got into the auto battle genre this past week. Really enjoying both Underlords and Teamfight Tactics. Think I lean towards TFT but UL has a mobile version so it’s great for airports and other killing time places with the iPad. Anyone else play either?
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #1285
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I downloaded Underlords on my phone the other day and find it to be a bit confusing so far, the tutorial really doesn't do a great job explaining... what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. I mean I understand the basic gist of it, but I don't get at all what the strategies are or how to execute them.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #1286
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This looks awesome

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...nt-kill-anyone
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #1287
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I downloaded Underlords on my phone the other day and find it to be a bit confusing so far, the tutorial really doesn't do a great job explaining... what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. I mean I understand the basic gist of it, but I don't get at all what the strategies are or how to execute them.

It’s a lot of trail and error to find the right synergies. I’m sure by now somebody has a good site for builds. I’m still trying to find something I enjoy trying to put together in UL, but TFT I really like the noble-ranger-knight combo. Can be tough to get to as it takes some losing before it becomes online. Have to balance losing-money game to make it work.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #1288
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I recently picked up one of the new versions of the 8bitdo SN30 Pro controllers, and it's the best controller I've ever used for retro games. Hooked up instantly to my Nvidia Shield, works great for all the systems I have on there (NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, N64, PS1), and no input lag difference between it and the wired iBuffalo controllers I was using previously. Now I see there's the Pro+ version that should be coming sometime in the next few months, and it looks like an SNES controller and PS4 controller had sex

Compatible with Windows, Android, Switch, and Retropie. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed again, original release date was last Christmas
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #1289
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Playing GTAV mods has evolved into me trying to make my own cars and whatnot for it. Having way to much fun getting the creative juices flowing and sharing them with people, haven't done stuff like this in years.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:40 PM   #1290
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Having trouble getting through God of War for the same reason I bailed on Red Dead 2: just so much to remember!
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #1291
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Most of Square's games are $15+, and in the case of Final Fantasy especially, are $20+. They are basically the Nintendo of mobile: they believe their IP is worth big money and they are going to get it.
Just wait until Christmas time and they are almost all put on 50% sale.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 AM   #1292
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
Just got into the auto battle genre this past week. Really enjoying both Underlords and Teamfight Tactics. Think I lean towards TFT but UL has a mobile version so it’s great for airports and other killing time places with the iPad. Anyone else play either?
I've been playing Dota Auto Chess, and I want to like it, but I also kind of hate it. It feels like it's pretty repetitive and low skill-cap but also really opaque at the same time. Compared to, say, the current build-your-team-as-you-go brawl in Hearthstone, I have way less understanding of why I'm winning or losing.

Last edited by SebC; 07-07-2019 at 05:44 AM.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #1293
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally got the Spider-man expansions. God damn I love this game. Despite the numerous issues it is just so incredibly fun to play.

Also how amazing is it Insomniac released two new suits from the movie a full 10 months after the game was released? What a nice treat for fans.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #1294
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
I've been playing Dota Auto Chess, and I want to like it, but I also kind of hate it. It feels like it's pretty repetitive and low skill-cap but also really opaque at the same time. Compared to, say, the current build-your-team-as-you-go brawl in Hearthstone, I have way less understanding of why I'm winning or losing.
For me its the amount of rounds it takes to finish a full game. Its too much.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #1295
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Me And The Boys have been playing a lot of Teamfight Tactics lately.

I hate isometric MOBAs (only really play Smite) but TT is pretty fun with a full Discord of 8 unruly jerks ragging on each others builds and praying for each others death so they can get one more Shen.

Good, casual time when you don't feel like being super attentive to a game but still want to bull#### with the bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #1296
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cyberpunk CE on PC. Not going to last.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...on-pc/13698907

EDIT: DOA.

Last edited by chemgear; 07-09-2019 at 11:57 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #1297
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

At EB for now:

https://www.ebgames.ca/PC/Games/7694...ition-web-only

EDIT: Long gone.

Last edited by chemgear; 07-09-2019 at 07:36 PM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #1298
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Having trouble getting through God of War for the same reason I bailed on Red Dead 2: just so much to remember!
You would absolutely hate Assassins Creed Odessey. I’ve probably put in 50+ hours and I imagine another 50 may not be enough to finish every quest. GOD was kind of linear in comparison.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #1299
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
You would absolutely hate Assassins Creed Odessey. I’ve probably put in 50+ hours and I imagine another 50 may not be enough to finish every quest.
I've done everything except for the Atlantis DLC which I decided to wait until all the episodes were released before playing. I put in 162 hours.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 06:52 AM   #1300
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I've done everything except for the Atlantis DLC which I decided to wait until all the episodes were released before playing. I put in 162 hours.
You sir are a trooper. I started out trying to do a lot of the side quests but then realized I would probably never finish the game so I have been doing more of the main quests and odd side quest if it's convenient. Which character did you use? I went with Kassandra and am so glad I did as Alexios seems like a neanderthal in comparison. She's one of the best characters in recent years in any game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote